Windows 10: Windows 10 - Cannot greate desktop shortcuts?

Discus and support Windows 10 - Cannot greate desktop shortcuts? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On my Lenovo Miix 2 I cannot create desktop shortcuts. Does anyone know how to fix this? 24312 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mobile1, Sep 27, 2015.

1. mobile1 Win User

Windows 10 - Cannot greate desktop shortcuts?

On my Lenovo Miix 2 I cannot create desktop shortcuts.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

mobile1, Sep 27, 2015

2. Windows 10 Set time automatically not working

Let me add my two-cents worth. In this day and age it is inconceivable that, one, we cannot build hardware that keeps accurate time, and two, that we cannot adequately utilize the operating system to control time. I have a hobby that depends on accurate
    time. Since I create logs that require accurate time on my PC it is exceedingly frustrating that hardware and the operating system are not capable in the simple task of keeping time. I have installed Atomic Clock Sync on my Windows 10 Pro desktop. It works
    great, but I have to kick it off manually in Windows 10. It works great and runs automatically on my Windows 7 Pro desktop.

davidbillingsley, Sep 27, 2015
  3. Buying a new PC with 8.1, can i upgrade to 10?

Hi. I currently on a laptop and want to buy a great desktop. There's one problem with the desktop, its windows 8.1. Right now on my laptop i got windows 10 and it ran horrible, so I switched back to 8.1. I want to have a windows 10 desktop and this one
    has a great price, great ram, and great hard drive space. I want to know if I can upgrade to windows 10 from the new desktop and if it'll run smoothly. Thanks for any help, it's appreciated.

LitttleRager, Sep 27, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

Should be able to drag and drop them if not right click on an item and "send to Desktop (create shortcut)" - You have to do that from within Explorer though, it won't give you that choice from the Windows 10 Start Menu. I use Classic Shell, so *that* works - Actually it supports dragging an icon right from the Start Menu onto the Desktop. Try it out, just right click on an item and hold, drag it out to the desktop and drop it there.

It also helps to add "This PC" and the other icons back onto the desktop, you can do that via Settings, Appearance, Themes, Desktop Icons.

(Edit) it works in the Windows 10 default Start Menu too, from "All Apps" - Just right click and hold any app you want and drag it out, a popout will appear that says "Link", just let it go when you get it into position.

XweAponX, Sep 27, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi mobile 1, can you drag any icon on your desktop? Do you have any shortcuts displayed?

If you can't drag anything, you may have desktop icons locked- I don't know if that also means you can't create new shortcuts for sure.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Cannot greate desktop shortcuts? - Similar Threads - Cannot greate desktop

2. Windows 10 Desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Desktop shortcuts: When I try to create a shortcut on the desktop for a file or folder I get an error message:"Windows couldn't create the shortcut. Check to see whether the disk is full."Is there a fix for this? I have done a sfc scan and all system files are fine....
  3. Windows 10 Desktop Shortcut Icons

Windows 10 Desktop Shortcut Icons: Hello, I hope someone can help; I've been trying to fix this problem for months. I have about 70-80 shortcuts on my Windows 10 PC Desktop. I keep them arranged to my taste, and when I make any changes, I create a new restore point, just in case. I have also started taking...
  4. windows 10 desktop shortcuts

windows 10 desktop shortcuts: intermittent problem. i need to click on a desktop shortcut numerous times before the page opens,, for example yahoo. any ideas as to what is causing this problem? thanx...
  5. Windows 10 Desktop Shortcuts

Windows 10 Desktop Shortcuts: Can I make my windows 10 pc desktop shortcut labels bold? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-desktop-shortcuts/cfead4c0-8722-44ef-8915-543998442adf
  6. Windows 10 Desktop Shortcuts

Windows 10 Desktop Shortcuts: Good afternoon, A site specific shortcut is a unique shortcut for a website that is created when you click on Create shortcut in IE 11. I have Windows 10. When I changed my Default Browser from IE11 to Edge some of my Desktop Shortcuts changed from site specific...
  7. Cannot create desktop shortcuts that work.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot create desktop shortcuts that work.: I can create shortcuts that then appear on my desktop. However, when I double click on those shortcuts, they open a new Google search window rather than directing me to the specific website for which I've created the shortcut. The shortcut title is good, but it appears that...
  8. Win 10 cannot create a shortcut on desktop. Disk is full.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 cannot create a shortcut on desktop. Disk is full.: Above message received on trying to put a shortcut on desktop. My disk has many GB of space. Have run Malwarebytes on PC and no virus detected. What is the source of this problem and any cure. 37696
  9. Is there a site for great shortcuts and tips on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a site for great shortcuts and tips on Windows 10?: Thanks. How tos and all complied into 1 easy read? thx 39801
  10. Cannot use shortcut keys from desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot use shortcut keys from desktop: Hello, I recently started using windows 10. In previous versions of windows I am a huge fan of setting shortcut keys for my desktop shortcuts (e.g. right click -> properties -> Shortcut key) For example, I'm used to opening google chrome with CTRL+ALT+C. Since I installed...