Windows 10: Windows 10 - Cannot Install Printer

Discus and support Windows 10 - Cannot Install Printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to install the HP Officejet 6970 on my PC but when I go through the process this message comes up: INSTALLATION ERROR CALL TO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Starwind Amada, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Windows 10 - Cannot Install Printer

I am trying to install the HP Officejet 6970 on my PC but when I go through the process this message comes up:

INSTALLATION ERROR

CALL TO DRIVERPACKAGEINSTALL RETURNED ERROR 1723 FOR PACKAGE 'C:/PROGRAMFILES/HP/HPOFFICEJETPRO 6970/DRIVERSTORE/YETIV4/HPYGID20_V4.INF'

Then it says something about Windows Update yet nothing is updating. There was an option to go online and find a solution but that did nothing. Do I have to update drivers? This isn't even my PC, it's my dad who's trying to do this and he is not a computer whiz. What should I do?

:)

Starwind Amada, Jul 17, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Windows 10 - Cannot Install Printer

Printer not printing after installing the device on the PC on Windows 10.

Hi Yitzchak,

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the printer as a work around and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the printer:

• Press “Windows + X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the “Printer” device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for
      this device
      ” you may select that and then remove its drivers from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

You may also uninstall any related software provided by the printer manufacturer from the computer from “Programs and Features”. For this, you may follow these steps:

• Press “Windows + X” keys on the keyboard and select “Programs and Features” from that list.

• Search for any software provided by the printer manufacturer in the program list and if available, you may select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

Step 2: Install a Printer

Refer to the below link about: Install a printer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/install-printer#install-printer=windows-8

Hope this helps.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Cannot Install Printer

1. Windows 10 - Cannot Install Printer - Similar Threads - Cannot Install Printer

2. The Printer Driver package cannot be installed

in Windows 10 News
    The Printer Driver package cannot be installed: [ATTACH]You may have encountered several errors while using Windows. Some of them can be fixed quickly, while some of them may need tweaking some things in your system a bit. One of the common Windows errors is ‘The Printer Driver package cannot be installed‘. There may be...
  3. Windows 10 cannot connect printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 cannot connect printer: I have a brother printer that I am trying to connect to my windows 10 computer. I have tried both wifi connecting and cable connecting and I get 2 messages. 1. Multi function printer quit waiting try again. I close that window and get the following Operation could not be...
  4. Cannot install printer software Windows 10 operating system.

Cannot install printer software Windows 10 operating system.: When I try to install my printer software--I receive the following message "C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/WININET.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error". Please help 'Thank you Edie Weedo *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  5. Cannot install Canon printer drivers

Cannot install Canon printer drivers: The scan function on my Canon Maxify 2120 stopped working on my wireless Dell laptop. I thought it was a driver problem but I was not able to install the Canon printer drivers because my printer "could not be found" even though it shows up as a printer in Windows 10 on my...
  6. Windows 10 - Cannot install HP printer drivers!!

Windows 10 - Cannot install HP printer drivers!!: I use Windows 10 professional on my Dell XPS 8700 desktop. I purchased an HP ENVY Photo 7858 All-In-One printer this past weekend. I am completely unable to install the printer software. I have tried multiple times. I disabled all internet security software Malwarebytes - not...
  7. windows 10 cannot find or install new printer, scanner,

windows 10 cannot find or install new printer, scanner,: windows 10 cannot find or install new printer, scanner. What next? PLEASE HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cannot-find-or-install-new-printer/a8756f30-ad0d-4a3f-b1be-02a0d9274586
  8. Cannot Install Printer Software

Cannot Install Printer Software: Cannot Install HP CP1515n Printer Software on my Win 10 64bit ! When i try to install the software wont recognize printer via USB ! I can print documents ! HP printer appear in the Printers&Scanners as DEFAULT !...
  9. cannot instal any printers

cannot instal any printers: Have tried three different printers. All appear as "unspecified" below the line of "printers" and wont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-instal-any-printers/e4103276-dbff-48ae-96fb-dca267e9caa2
  10. I cannot install drivers for the printer

I cannot install drivers for the printer: I cannot install the drivers for my printer Brother MFC7860DW. I’ve downloaded these drivers and started the installation programme. However, during the installation I receive a message asking me if I want to connect the computer to the printer wirelessly or directly. I set...