Windows 10: Windows 10 cannot remember Last Hidden Wifi Network

Discus and support Windows 10 cannot remember Last Hidden Wifi Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use the router TL-MR3420 setting the hidden wifi network network address: 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 gateway: 192.168.0.1 + Windows 7 64bit connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hldvuong, Feb 14, 2017.

1. hldvuong Win User

Windows 10 cannot remember Last Hidden Wifi Network

I use the router TL-MR3420 setting the hidden wifi network
    network address: 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0
    gateway: 192.168.0.1
    + Windows 7 64bit connect to the wifi network: OK
    + Windows 10 64bit connect to the wifi network: OK

But I change the network address :
    network : 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.1.1
    + Windows 7 64bit connect to the network: remember the name of the hidden wifi
    + Windows 10 64bit connect to the network: can't remember the name of hidden wifi
    I must enter the name of hidden wifi (SSID) again.

And then I change the getway of network address :
    network : 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.1.8
    + Windows 7 64bit connect to the network: remember the name of the hidden wifi
    + Windows 10 64bit connect to the network: can't remember the name of hidden wifi
    I must enter the name of hidden wifi (SSID) again.

Windows 10 so bad, it can't remember the wifi profile to switch automatic.*Mad*Huh

:)

hldvuong, Feb 14, 2017
  2. J W A Win User

Windows 10 not remembering password on hidden SSID (and not automatically connecting). Also previously used (saved) hidden networks do not show the SSID in the wifi list (just says hidden network).

After every restart or shutdown, Windows 10 is not remembering the password (or SSID name) for hidden SSID and will not automatically connect to saved networks if hidden. If SSID is NOT hidden, it connects without any issues. I have to manually enter
    the password every time. Also once you save and logon to a hidden network, the name of the hidden SSID does not populate in the available networks (it just shows as "Hidden Network"). I have it set to automatically connect to saved networks and have the
    latest wifi card driver's, latest router firmware, and windows is fully up-to-date.

In previous Windows (Vista and 8), the laptop would connect automatically to saved hidden SSID's and the name would show in the available networks after it was saved. Are these known issues in windows 10? Is there a fix coming soon (please)?

J W A, Feb 14, 2017
  3. "Hidden Network"

How do I remove a "hidden wifi network" in Windows 10?

Mark SLuckie Sr, Feb 14, 2017
  4. Windows 10 cannot remember Last Hidden Wifi Network

Hi hldvuong

I'm wondering between each test did you go into Network and Internet settings => Wifi and tell it to forget the hidden network?

I'm thinking that the first test with 192.168.0.0 is being remembered so it doesn't "learn" the new IP range.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 14, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 cannot remember Last Hidden Wifi Network

1. Windows 10 cannot remember Last Hidden Wifi Network - Similar Threads - cannot remember Last

2. Windows 10 remembers & does not remember the last folder I saved to...?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 remembers & does not remember the last folder I saved to...?: At work, Windows 10 remembers the last folder I saved to, but at home it does not. This is very frustrating. Why is this? thanks,PS Quick Access does not suffice, I have significantly more that a dozen regular folders....
  3. Windows 10 remembers & does not remember the last folder I saved to...?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 remembers & does not remember the last folder I saved to...?: At work, Windows 10 remembers the last folder I saved to, but at home it does not. This is very frustrating. Why is this? thanks,PS Quick Access does not suffice, I have significantly more that a dozen regular folders....
  4. Windows 10 remembers & does not remember the last folder I saved to...?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wifi Network Not Showing Up, Hidden Network in it's place?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Network Not Showing Up, Hidden Network in it's place?: My home wifi network does not show up anymore on one of several devices in my home. I can see my neighbors' networks both 5 and 2.4 connections and can even see and connect to my phone hotspot, but my wifi is no longer listed, even though it shows up as normal on all other...
  6. Hidden Wifi makes more networks

Hidden Wifi makes more networks: Every time I enter my SSID for my hidden wifi, another one pops upFor example, if my wifi is called 'Network' and if I enter the wifi's name into hidden network on windows 10, it will create a new network called 'Network 1' and it will keep going up each time I want to...
  7. Connect to a hidden network on Win 10 through wifi?

Connect to a hidden network on Win 10 through wifi?: So the way windows 10 works is: The only way to connect to a network is through the network list. The way hidden networks work is: It is hidden so it does not show up in any network lists. Starting to see the problem here? I contacted windows customer support about...
  8. Hidden Network Showing Instead of My Personal WiFi. Cannot Connect

Hidden Network Showing Instead of My Personal WiFi. Cannot Connect: I switched from an old WI-Fi 3 Xfinity gateway to a new WI-Fi 6 Xfinity XB7 T gateway. My work laptop won’t recognize the new WiFi network but literally every other device in my house has been able to connect to it. I have been on the phone for hours with my work IT team and...
  9. Wifi Hidden Network

Wifi Hidden Network: Hi, Win 10 doesn't connect to my hidden network. It shows as a Hidden Network in the available networks list and i have to select it and manually enter the SSiD and password each time. These are getting added to known network list with number appended such as HiNetwork,...
  10. Windows cannot remember Network settings on reboot.

Windows cannot remember Network settings on reboot.: I have a simple network at my flat with a Laptop and Desktop both running windows 10 pro. The laptop can remember my settings but not my desktop. I have folder shares set up on both machines but in order to share contents I have to reset my network on my desktop, reboot and...