Windows 10: Windows 10 - Cannot remove this weird movable vertical line on my desktop wallpaper.

Discus and support Windows 10 - Cannot remove this weird movable vertical line on my desktop wallpaper. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I opened my laptop today and found this on my desktop - a weird black that runs from the center of the screen. At first, I thought it's a hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kshitiz26, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Kshitiz26 Win User

Windows 10 - Cannot remove this weird movable vertical line on my desktop wallpaper.

So I opened my laptop today and found this on my desktop - a weird black that runs from the center of the screen.

At first, I thought it's a hardware issue but vertical line disappears when I open any other program or window or click the far right of the taskbar. Hovering the mouse pointer on this line changes the pointer to a horizontal resize icon through which I can move the vertical line left or right. The issue persists even after changing the background.

I have a Lenovo Y700 and it is 2.5 years old. Recently updated to Win 10 April 2018 update.

How do I remove this? It's bothering to look at.

Windows 10 - Cannot remove this weird movable vertical line on my desktop wallpaper. [​IMG]

:)

Kshitiz26, Jul 28, 2018

2. vertical movable line on desktop in windows 10

Hello,

I can see a vertical movable line on the desktop when i click on the "show desktop" icon on the right corner. The line can be placed anywhere from extreme left to the portion till where the notification pane appears on the right. Right click on the line
    gives close restore minimize and maximize option too. It is no way helpful in snapping windows also. But i dont see any significant use of it. Also i cant get it on my desire. It appears on its own. What is this movable line?
    Windows 10 - Cannot remove this weird movable vertical line on my desktop wallpaper. 7a8525c8-a979-415b-b04f-f9a7480e0704.png

Windows 10 - Cannot remove this weird movable vertical line on my desktop wallpaper. 8e226adb-7e39-45f2-a1b9-a66e202b636e.png

Windows 10 - Cannot remove this weird movable vertical line on my desktop wallpaper. [​IMG]

AnunayThakur, Jul 28, 2018
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Jul 28, 2018
  4. Windows 10 - Cannot remove this weird movable vertical line on my desktop wallpaper.

vertical movable line on desktop in windows 10

Hi Anunay,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Try to boot in safe mode and check if issue persists.

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

If issue doesn't persist in safe mode, perform a Clean Boot and find out which application/service is causing this issue.

A clean boot helps to eliminate software conflicts and to determine what is causing the problem. Perform a clean boot on the computer by following the steps given in the link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Follow all the steps given in this link and try to figure out the application or service causing this issue.

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, refer to the article “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” for Windows 8,
    given under the section “More Information” to reset the computer to start as usual from the above link. Steps in the link also applicable to Windows 10.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Cannot remove this weird movable vertical line on my desktop wallpaper.

1. Windows 10 - Cannot remove this weird movable vertical line on my desktop wallpaper. - Similar Threads - Cannot remove weird

2. Vertical lines on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vertical lines on screen: When my computer turns on, no line appears, but over time vertical lines appear... with the display port cable the lines appear up to half of the screen, with HDMI lines appear up to the top of the monitor, I already changed it the display port cable, updated drivers etc......
  3. Vertical line shows in my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vertical line shows in my desktop: MY windows 10 laptop has a vertical line shows in my screen. It never shows when you boot the PC so Im aware that it is not a hardware issue. I dont have this issue before, suddenly it appeared in my screen. First, its only has one long line but now it seems that its gotten...
  4. Vertical line shows in my desktop

Vertical line shows in my desktop: MY windows 10 laptop has a vertical line shows in my screen. It never shows when you boot the PC so Im aware that it is not a hardware issue. I dont have this issue before, suddenly it appeared in my screen. First, its only has one long line but now it seems that its gotten...
  5. Vertical line shows in my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Vertical lines on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vertical lines on screen: For past few weeks I have been seeing vertical lines on my screen. It barely lasted for a second before the welcome screen opens up. Now I see similar lines while playing youtube videos just on youtube, other video apps are working fine. Today, however, few images were...
  7. Vertical lines on screen

Vertical lines on screen: For past few weeks I have been seeing vertical lines on my screen. It barely lasted for a second before the welcome screen opens up. Now I see similar lines while playing youtube videos just on youtube, other video apps are working fine. Today, however, few images were...
  8. About a vertical line in desktop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About a vertical line in desktop screen: I suddenly noticed that there is very slight vertical line on my monitor. This is very interesting that this line isn't permanent! I mean it comes sometimes, and vanishes sometimes. It also changes colors when it appears. I checked the HDMI cable, graphics card and tried to...
  9. About a vertical line in desktop screen

About a vertical line in desktop screen: I suddenly noticed that there is very slight vertical line on my monitor. This is very interesting that this line isn't permanent! I mean it comes sometimes, and vanishes sometimes. It also changes colors when it appears. I checked the HDMI cable, graphics card and tried to...
  10. About a vertical line in desktop screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Win 10 desktop giving vertical line

2. is there a Windows program that runs a vertical line across and bck the screen showing brighter and duller