Windows 10: Windows 10 can't close crashed games / programs (example civ5)

Discus and support Windows 10 can't close crashed games / programs (example civ5) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When a game crashes for this example when i play civ 5, the screen will freeze so I try to exit the program by doing the following:- Alt +F4....... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Loccen, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Loccen Win User

Windows 10 can't close crashed games / programs (example civ5)

When a game crashes for this example when i play civ 5, the screen will freeze so I try to exit the program by doing the following:-

Alt +F4.... does not work (does nothing)
    Try to open task manager by alt - ctrl - del but cannot bring it to the front to even use it....
    Try to alt + tab but does not work
    Try to alt + enter but also.. does....not...work...

Its 2015... almost 2016.. a game shouldent bring windows 10 to its knees..

The only fix for this is to restart the pc which is frankly unacceptable so my questions are as follows:-

1) Why doesn’t windows 10 let you close or end crashed games / programs and force you to restart
    2) Is there a way to fix this?
    3) I had no problems with windows 7 when this kind of thing happened, why has windows 10 received a downgrade to is functionality?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Regards

:)

Loccen, Dec 27, 2015
  2. Phi1ipB Win User

Rome 2 crashing after Windows 10 update yesterday.

Windows 10 up-dated yesterday and Rome 2 will not load campaign battle and crashes. No problem before the up-date. Civ5 also crashes after several turns now.

Anyone got any helpful suggestions to resolve this problem please? Cheers.

Phi1ipB, Dec 27, 2015
  3. windows 10 store games are crashing on launch

Did not help for me plz update windows 10 store and fix those crashes. I can't play Asphalt 8 it crashes on startup and i even can't play Modern Combat 5 Blackout it was running but after few hours it crashed. Showed Gmaeloft logo then Force Closed. Other
    games are working fine except Windows Store games. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

WaqasKhan_999, Dec 27, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 can't close crashed games / programs (example civ5)

1. Windows 10 can't close crashed games / programs (example civ5) - Similar Threads - can't close crashed

2. Can't download programs by their setups. For example Malwarebytes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download programs by their setups. For example Malwarebytes.: It gives internet error when i try to download programs by their setups. For example Malwarebytes and EaseUs. But i am connected to internet and i can visit websites or do everything else....
  3. Can't download programs by their setups. For example Malwarebytes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download programs by their setups. For example Malwarebytes.: It gives internet error when i try to download programs by their setups. For example Malwarebytes and EaseUs. But i am connected to internet and i can visit websites or do everything else....
  4. Can't download programs by their setups. For example Malwarebytes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Computer freezes or crashes when closing Programs or Games

in Windows 10 News
    Computer freezes or crashes when closing Programs or Games: While most problems are known to happen while running an application or programs, many have also reported that their Computer freezes or crashes when closing Programs or Games. This pretty much boggles the mind on why the computer would crash, sometimes immediately and...
  6. Windows crashing on games and gpu programes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashing on games and gpu programes: If you are getting random crashes recently I have just found that running ASUS GPU TWEAK II has conflicting operations with windows 10, so if you have it running in the background close it before trying to run GPU intensive programmes....
  7. Batman game can't be closed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batman game can't be closed?: Hi, I downloaded Batman Arkham City from the Epic Games Store yesterday, and I really like the game, but I can't get out of the game! When I press the Windows key, nothing happens at all, and when I want to go to the task manager I can open it, but the game stays in the...
  8. Game randomly closing/crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game randomly closing/crashing: Hello so recently i built my gaming PC and I've been experiencing that the game I'm playing randomly closes/crashes and what i mean by 'closes' is that it just closes as if i would click the red cross or i would go to the Task Manager and ended the game task, i got a few blue...
  9. Can't close Office 2007 programs

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can't close Office 2007 programs: I have Office 2007 Pro running on Win 10 Insider 18963. Any of the programs, Excel, Word and Access will not close with the upper right X. I have to go into Task Manager and close it from there. This condition was in at least the last couple of Insider builds. Anybody else...
  10. Can't close Office 2007 programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't close Office 2007 programs: I have Office 2007 Pro running on Win 10 Insider 18963. Any of the programs, Excel, Word and Access will not close with the upper right X. I have to go into Task Manager and close it from there. This condition was in at least the last couple of Insider builds. Anybody else...