Windows 10: windows 10 Cant Do a image save to nas device

Discus and support windows 10 Cant Do a image save to nas device in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Has Microsoft fixed the problem with image save to a network drive it worked some of the time before version 1607 but since 1607 has not worked at all.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pmm4444, Dec 28, 2016.

1. pmm4444 Win User

windows 10 Cant Do a image save to nas device

Has Microsoft fixed the problem with image save to a network drive it worked some of the time before version 1607 but since 1607 has not worked at all. I tried all the canned responses like sfc /scannow & dism to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

pmm4444, Dec 28, 2016

2. Unable to do system image save to NAS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The issue that you are facing is more complex than what is typically answered in the Microsoft Answers forums. It would be more appropriate to redirect your query to the IT Professionals on TechNet Forums who are well equipped
    with the knowledge on this issues.

You can click on the link below to post your query in technet forum.

Technet forums

I hope this will provide you the assistance that you require. Please feel free to contact Microsoft Community for Windows related queries

Nachappa C K, Dec 28, 2016
  3. azpbs Win User
    Unable to do system image save to NAS

I have asked this question in several forums but am not getting any response.

Recently upgraded one of my boxes to win10 on a workgroup environment. I have a seagate central NAS that I saved system images to and it has been working fine until I upgraded to win 10. What I have discovered is that the win10 version of the backup engine
    (wbengine.exe) is working differently than the win 7 version. The win 7 version does not do any byte range locking so I can save successfully to NAS and to win10. When win10 is the client I can save successfully to Win7 with SMB1 or SMB2.1 Protocol and the
    win 7 box responds properly to the lock requests. The NAS only supports SMB1 which win10 understands but it still requests locks which apparently confuses the NAS and the process aborts. So the locking is the problem and it is new to win10 wbengine. As a result
    my NAS is now an expensive paper weight. Is there anyway to prevent win10 from sending lock requests?

azpbs, Dec 28, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Have you tried the canned response of using Macrium Reflect Free which is much, much more reliable and flexible than built-in Windows imaging?

Macrium Reflect Free

NavyLCDR, Dec 29, 2016
Thema:

1. windows 10 Cant Do a image save to nas device - Similar Threads - Cant image save

2. Saving Images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Images: Recently all the images I've been saving were saved as an "AFIV" file. I don't know why it's not saving as a png or a jpg and it has gotten in the way of me being able to upload images into my editing program so I was hoping to fix it and change it back which is why I am...
  3. Saving Images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving Images: Recently all the images I've been saving were saved as an "AFIV" file. I don't know why it's not saving as a png or a jpg and it has gotten in the way of me being able to upload images into my editing program so I was hoping to fix it and change it back which is why I am...
  4. Saving Images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10-NAS device problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10-NAS device problem: Hi, im new here and sorry if theres already similar thread.Im trying to copy some files from nas device to my win 10 and get this error 0x8007003b.I resolved it by enabling smb1 on my Pc and setting min and max smb also to smb1 on my nas device,but i dont want to use smb1...
  6. Windows 10-NAS device problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10-NAS device problem: Hi, im new here and sorry if theres already similar thread.Im trying to copy some files from nas device to my win 10 and get this error 0x8007003b.I resolved it by enabling smb1 on my Pc and setting min and max smb also to smb1 on my nas device,but i dont want to use smb1...
  7. saving multiple images in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    saving multiple images in windows 10: saving multiple images in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-multiple-images-in-windows-10/f8297067-4084-451a-a70e-1f29330be350
  8. save image

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    save image: why the save box dont appear when I want to save an image? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-image/ff086973-cccb-4206-a7cf-1e754325903c
  9. restore system image saved on NAS

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    restore system image saved on NAS: Hi, I'm not an advanced user but need to restore a system image I've saved on my NAS. I think the problem I'm having is when I get to the stage of restoring the system image, I need install lan drivers. I can't figure this out though. Has anyone had a similar issue? Any...
  10. How to set default saving to NAS?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set default saving to NAS?: Just upgraded to Win 10. Under Win 7 I had all my music stored on a NAS. I can get windows to use the music from there - although ti's been intermittenet sometimes telling me there is no music.... However, I want to set the NAS as the default save location for music. In...