Windows 10: windows 10 cant see 5ghz network

Discus and support windows 10 cant see 5ghz network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello, i updated to windows 10 for 7 today, and everything works fine expt one thing.. the windows 10 cant see the 5ghz network and i dont know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by moshiko, Apr 9, 2016.

1. moshiko Win User

windows 10 cant see 5ghz network

hello,
    i updated to windows 10 for 7 today, and everything works fine expt one thing..
    the windows 10 cant see the 5ghz network and i dont know whay..
    when i used the windows 7, its show me the 5ghz network, but not when im using the windows 10...
    however, i checked on the CMD just to be sure if i can run the 5ghz network, and its says that i can..
    the problem is that i cant see the 5ghz network so i cant use it, and i really need the 5ghz ASAP..

so,
    what can i do so i can see and use the 5ghz network ?
    im using DWA-160 DUAL BAND...

thank you for helping me *Smile

:)

moshiko, Apr 9, 2016

2. 950XL cant see any 5Ghz wifi networks while iphone sees and connects them.

950XL cant see any 5Ghz wifi networks while iphone sees and connects them.

So the problem is not with router, any ideas why Lumia 950XL can't see 5ghzWifi?

SamPavloff, Apr 9, 2016
  3. Vansh2003 Win User
    5 ghz network not showing up

I have an acer aspire v5 122p i just installed a new internet modem with 5 ghz support. I used this network on my ipad and got over 100 mbps but the network isnt even showing up in my networks list on my laptop. BTW im on windows 10 and can see the non-5ghz
    version of my internet; just not the 5ghz one.

Vansh2003, Apr 9, 2016
  4. windows 10 cant see 5ghz network

More info will be needed before anyone can venture a guess.
    1- Can you get on the internet at all or do you mean that you just can't see the other networked computers?
    2- How is your network setup, Homegroup or Workstation?
    3- What all have you tried to try to connect?
    4- Are you using a router or modem?
    5- Have you checked to make sure that drives are shared and Network and Sharing settings are correct?
    6- Make sure that File and Printer is enabled in the firewall.

CADesertRat, Apr 9, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Try going back to the old Windows 7 driver for the network adapter. I'm using a DWA-something Dual Band PCIe adapter and I could only get 5ghz to show up when I went back to the old driver.

NavyLCDR, Apr 10, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    If you can see it in 7, but not in 10, that means that the driver is not able to see the 5 ghz radio. Make sure that the setting is enabled for 2.4/5 ghz in adapter settings. What happens when you open a Command Window and enter without the quotes: 'netsh wlan show all'?

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 cant see 5ghz network

1. windows 10 cant see 5ghz network - Similar Threads - cant 5ghz network

2. I cant see the 5Ghz option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant see the 5Ghz option: Hello, I watched tons of videos on how to get 5Ghz Internet from your router on Win 10! They say I need to do following steps: Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center -> Change Adapter Settings -> Network Connections -> Then I right click on my...
  3. My laptop cant handle 5ghz network

My laptop cant handle 5ghz network: SO basically my laptop is not able to hold a 5ghz network even though I have one. I've heard that I can change the adapter but I don't know-how. If anyone knows a solution please help. it would be appreciated....
  4. Cant see computers on network.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant see computers on network.: I cant get to them via \\computer name, but the machine cannot see itself or others in the list. Other can reach the machine via \\computer name, but it doesnt show up on in the networl/computer list. DNS CLIENTFUNCTION automatic DISCOVERY RESOURCE automatic SSDP Discovery...
  5. Windows 10 Cannot See 5GHz Network

Windows 10 Cannot See 5GHz Network: Since updating to windows 10 I haven't been able to see my 5Ghz network on my desktop PC. My smartphone and laptop can see and connect to the network at the same distance. I've looked around for solutions dating back to 2015 but haven't found a fix yet. When checking if my...
  6. Windows no longer sees 5GHz network

Windows no longer sees 5GHz network: My computer used to see the 5GHz network in my house and has been connected to 5GHz networks before, but at some point it stopped seeing it. All other devices in the house can see and connect to the 5GHz network. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers but to no...
  7. can't see 5ghz networks although adapter supports it

can't see 5ghz networks although adapter supports it: hi guys, i have searched a lot and did not find any solution to my problem (or, in fact, someone with my exact problem) my wireless PCI adapter supports 802.11a so it should have 5ghz recognizing abillity right? i went to the device manager to the advanced tab and found...
  8. Failing to see 5GHZ SSID wifi network

Failing to see 5GHZ SSID wifi network: Hello, Just wondered if anybody can help me sort out this problem which I have. I have Bt infinity 2 with a BT hub 5 router which enables me to have either a 2.4 GHZ or a 5GHZ wifi my problem is that it see's and connects to the 2.4GHZ but does not see the 5GHZ one ,...
  9. Can't see 5Ghz networks with my 802.11n wireless card.

Can't see 5Ghz networks with my 802.11n wireless card.: Hey there, I would like to enable the 5Ghz option on my router, however when I do this my PC is not detecting the network, however my phone and Xbox are, I read on the internet that 802.11n internet is able to use 5Ghz. I feel like I missed a setting but I can't find it,...
  10. Windows 10 - TPlink dual band only seeing 2.4GHZ networks? Not 5GHZ

Windows 10 - TPlink dual band only seeing 2.4GHZ networks? Not 5GHZ: Any ideas on this? AC600 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter Archer T2U - Welcome to TP-LINK Worked fine in Windows 8.1 5559

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant see 5g on windows 10