Windows 10: Windows 10 Caps Lock light

Discus and support Windows 10 Caps Lock light in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Strangely enough, since updating to 9879, the caps lock light on my keyboard does not work. I know it may seem small but it is really annoying not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ttsoldier, Nov 26, 2014.

1. ttsoldier Win User

Windows 10 Caps Lock light

Strangely enough, since updating to 9879, the caps lock light on my keyboard does not work.

I know it may seem small but it is really annoying not knowing when caps is on or not. My keyboard is backlit and the keys light up fine but the light on the capslock key does not.

I'm dualing booting with Windows 8.1 and if I switch back to 8.1, the caps lock button light works fine, so I know the light it self is not the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

:)

ttsoldier, Nov 26, 2014

2. Caps Lock/Num Lock/Scroll lock LED lights is off

Since the Windows 10 fall creator's update, ONLY my keyboard's Caps Lock, num lock, and scroll LED lights can't be turned on. It will still work however, but it's troubling me since i can't see whenever my caps lock is on. If possible, no regristy fix
    please.

jonathan A 27, Nov 26, 2014
  3. Have num lock turned off when computer boots

The num lock was turned on with the latest unscheduled Windows 10 update. I was puzzled that my password didn't work until I noticed the light was
    on.

How do I change the settings so the num lock, scroll lock, and caps lock settings are
    off on bootup? Also how do I permanently disable the useless num lock, scroll lock, and caps lock keys?

RichardTonsing, Nov 26, 2014
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Nov 27, 2014
  5. Kind of depends on your definition of "soon".

If the "next update" is going to be the Consumer Preview, planned for nearly the end of January, that is a long time to wait for such a simple problem.

I'm hoping that, instead, MS pushes out a Windows Update to fix this -- and long before the end of January.

Mark Phelps, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Caps Lock light - Similar Threads - Caps Lock light

2. Caps Lock Indicator Light not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Caps Lock Indicator Light not Working: A few months ago, my caps lock button light just suddenly stopped working. The caps lock key is working, but the light isn't, and the light indicator is a very useful feature. Any methods to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated. Version 21H1OS Build 19043.1348HP Laptop...
  3. Caps Lock Indicator Light not Wokring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps Lock Indicator Light not Wokring: A few months ago, my caps lock button light just suddenly stopped working. The caps lock key is working, but the light isn't, and the light indicator is a very useful feature. Any methods to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated. Version 21H1OS Build 19043.1348HP Laptop...
  4. Caps Lock Indicator Light not Wokring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps Lock Indicator Light not Wokring: A few months ago, my caps lock button light just suddenly stopped working. The caps lock key is working, but the light isn't, and the light indicator is a very useful feature. Any methods to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated. Version 21H1OS Build 19043.1348HP Laptop...
  5. Caps Lock Indicator Light not Wokring

6. why doesn't my caps lock light work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why doesn't my caps lock light work: PC: Asus Tuf gaming fx505OS: Windows 11After instaling windows 11 it stopt worling.[moved from de-de] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-my-caps-lock-light-work/b3b4fffe-9fe2-4fcc-b27a-5cbaadaead2b
  7. Caps lock light

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caps lock light: I've noticed my caps lock light is on if I press one letter it would either be caps or lower case. But I do not know how to not have the light on. If I press the caps button it would get a little darker and when I take my finer off the key it would go back to the light. My...
  8. CAPS LOCK INDICATER LIGHT NOT WORKING HOW TO FIX

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CAPS LOCK INDICATER LIGHT NOT WORKING HOW TO FIX: HOW TO FIX CAPS LOCK INDIATER - IT SOMETIMES FLICKERS - BUT REMAINS OFF MOST OF THE TIME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-indicater-light-not-working-how-to-fix/9fda60ec-2cb7-4576-90dc-619d472f698b
  9. wireless 3050 keyboard caps lock light?

wireless 3050 keyboard caps lock light?: hello just purchased this key board and cant find or see an indicator light to show if im in caps or not... do i have to turn this function on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-3050-keyboard-caps-lock-light/dda0cf0f-f7b0-4ada-a496-864241011869
  10. Caps lock, num lock, scroll lock lights no longer function

in Windows 10 Support
    Caps lock, num lock, scroll lock lights no longer function: Hello! Since the most recent build of W-10 (9879), my caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock lights do not function on either computer on which I have W-10 installed (a desktop with a USB keyboard and a laptop with an integrated keyboard). The keys still work to correctly...