Windows 10: windows 10 card reader

Discus and support windows 10 card reader in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have win 10 and cannot find a card reader that will work on my new computer. When I had 7, 8 and 8.1 I never had this problem. Please let me know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoyWhitehurst, Jul 13, 2018.

1. windows 10 card reader

I have win 10 and cannot find a card reader that will work on my new computer. When I had 7, 8 and 8.1 I never had this problem. Please let me know how I can get a card reader that will work on 10. I have a digital camera and cannot get my pictures into my computer. Help!!!

:)

JoyWhitehurst, Jul 13, 2018

2. card reader

Hi Sam,

To isolate this concern, have you tried adding the card reader to folder as the source file in Photo app? If no, please add it by following the steps below:

• Open Photo app.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Add a folder under Sources.
    • Choose the card reader folder.
    • Click Add this folder to Pictures.

Once done, please check if you can now access the card reader photos.

Keep us posted.

Charianne Per, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Problem with card readers after mirgration to Win10

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.

2. Change View by from Category to Small Icons/Large Icons.

3. Click on Troubleshooting.

4. Select Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Update Card reader driver

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Search for your card reader driver.
    • Right-click on the Card reader driver and select
      Update Driver Software.
    • Restart your system
    Method 3: Uninstall and then re-install Card reader driver

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Search for your card reader driver.
    • Right-click on the Card reader driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your system.
    • Let you system scan for new hardware and install relevant driver for your card reader.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Steve C Win User

windows 10 card reader

Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader

I've just upgraded to Windows 10 on my Dell laptop and I've been having problems with the Realtek card reader - see Realtek Card Reader Keeps Disappearing . You might find some tips in that link.

My card reader is listed under memory devices in Device Manager.

Steve C, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 card reader

1. windows 10 card reader - Similar Threads - card reader

2. USB to SD Card reader not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB to SD Card reader not showing up: Hello,I have a USB to SD card reader for a memory stick from my camera. I am trying to connect it to my computer so I can download the media on it. I have a windows surface pro 7 laptop. Everytime I connect the USB through the port, nothing shows up on my computer. I have...
  3. USB to SD Card reader not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB to SD Card reader not showing up: Hello,I have a USB to SD card reader for a memory stick from my camera. I am trying to connect it to my computer so I can download the media on it. I have a windows surface pro 7 laptop. Everytime I connect the USB through the port, nothing shows up on my computer. I have...
  4. How to repair SD Card reader - New

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to repair SD Card reader - New: I have new SD card reader. bought after first one failed. card is inserted into USB Port opposite side of USB then inserted into USB port, SD Card is held internally. Same as old reader, nothing. I check port with thumb drive, reads ok. Port ok. These are 2.0 USB Ports...
  5. How to repair SD Card reader - New

How to repair SD Card reader - New: I have new SD card reader. bought after first one failed. card is inserted into USB Port opposite side of USB then inserted into USB port, SD Card is held internally. Same as old reader, nothing. I check port with thumb drive, reads ok. Port ok. These are 2.0 USB Ports...
  6. How to repair SD Card reader - New

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 11 Home does not detect my CF Express Type B/XQD card reader and card.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home does not detect my CF Express Type B/XQD card reader and card.: HiI have a card reader that can take CF express cards and sd cards.When i put a sd card in the reader it shows up and I can access the card, but when I put the CF express card in there nothing shows up.If I go to control panel it shows something is plugged in but when i look...
  8. Windows 11 Home does not detect my CF Express Type B/XQD card reader and card.

Windows 11 Home does not detect my CF Express Type B/XQD card reader and card.: HiI have a card reader that can take CF express cards and sd cards.When i put a sd card in the reader it shows up and I can access the card, but when I put the CF express card in there nothing shows up.If I go to control panel it shows something is plugged in but when i look...
  9. Can a SD card memory reader also successfully read a sdhc card ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a SD card memory reader also successfully read a sdhc card ?: Hey there, if anyone can answer me it would be greatly appreciated.Can a SD card memory reader also successfully read a sdhc card ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-a-sd-card-memory-reader-also-successfully-read/b47399a7-4ab3-4304-8749-20598f4a5814
  10. Can a SD card memory reader also successfully read a sdhc card ?

Can a SD card memory reader also successfully read a sdhc card ?: Hey there, if anyone can answer me it would be greatly appreciated.Can a SD card memory reader also successfully read a sdhc card ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-a-sd-card-memory-reader-also-successfully-read/b47399a7-4ab3-4304-8749-20598f4a5814