Windows 10: Windows 10 causing Internet Radios to switch on

Discus and support Windows 10 causing Internet Radios to switch on in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a few internet radios in the house, mostly older Reciva-based radios, with the latest firmware. Some are connected to the LAN, some connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fenestrix, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Fenestrix Win User

Windows 10 causing Internet Radios to switch on

I have a few internet radios in the house, mostly older Reciva-based radios, with the latest firmware. Some are connected to the LAN, some connect wirelessly. They have a setting which allows them to remain on the network in standby mode, the idea of this being that they start up from standby much quicker - if they are set to disconnect in standby, they take longer to restart, which is annoying.

So far, this was all well and good. However, when my son upgraded his PC to Windows 10, every so often one or other of the radios start up spontaneously. This also happened when I put Windows 10 on an old laptop. There is no rhyme or reason to it; Windows 10 just seems to do something on the network which is causing these radios to start up. Including the bedroom radio at 2:30am on one occasion. And no, the radio settings menus do not mention wake-on-LAN.

I do have some other internet radios: a more recent Reciva-based one, and Frontier Silcon based radios - these are not affected.

What could Windows 10 be doing on the network that could be causing this, and is there any way of stopping it (apart from setting the radios to disconnect in standby, obviously) ?

:)

Fenestrix, Dec 1, 2015
  2. yasirrfc Win User

n900 wifi problem

hey i just got my n900 and its an amaing phone. Im getting a strange problem. Like when i connect to wifi from a friend's place, it's working fine but when i connect to my home wifi, i cant browse. i just found out that internet radio is working fine and
    when i open internet radio, browsing also works fine but not without internet radio. like i have to switch on the internet radio for a minute and then browse and when i close internet radio, it still works fine. looks as if i need internet radio ko kick it
    off. like another example is like when i plan to download an application from appmanager, it says downloading but the bar hasnt even started but then i switch to internet radio and play it, the bar kicks off and the download starts. and then sometimes the
    bar stops again and then it works when i switch on internet radio Help would be really appreciated. and im updated to pr 1.3

thank you

yasirrfc, Dec 1, 2015
  3. yasirrfc Win User
    n900 wifi connect cannot browse or download without turning on internet radio. strange weird problem

hey i just got my n900 and its an amaing phone. Im getting a strange problem. Like when i connect to wifi from a friend's place, it's working fine but when i connect to my home wifi, i cant browse. i just found out that internet radio is working fine and
    when i open internet radio, browsing also works fine but not without internet radio. like i have to switch on the internet radio for a minute and then browse and when i close internet radio, it still works fine. looks as if i need internet radio ko kick it
    off. like another example is like when i plan to download an application from appmanager, it says downloading but the bar hasnt even started but then i switch to internet radio and play it, the bar kicks off and the download starts. Help would be really appreciated
    thank you

yasirrfc, Dec 1, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 causing Internet Radios to switch on

1. Windows 10 causing Internet Radios to switch on - Similar Threads - causing Internet Radios

2. Internet problems on Windows 10 not caused by ISP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet problems on Windows 10 not caused by ISP: I live practically in the middle of nowhere in a tree covered area and many ISP's couldn't consider my home with a satellite because of the angles of the trees around my home but I was recently able to get Starlink satellite internet, unfortunately the way SpaceX designed...
  3. Getting wifi radio is off hw switch for tablet

Getting wifi radio is off hw switch for tablet: Hello, 2 years back, I have bought AMD Elite Mobility tablet with Win 8.1 OS with all WiFi/Bluetooth capability. Tablet Name : Xolo WT10 tablet Recently, I have upgraded it to Win10 and since then i'm not able to enable the WiFi/Bluetooth capability on the tablet. I...
  4. Specific internet radio site always buffering.

Specific internet radio site always buffering.: The site: https://www.rautemusik.fm/ keeps buffering on Google Chrome. I've contacted the site and they said they have no problems. The same thing happening on Edge, other external players and via Tune In and similar sites etc. The site is German internet radio site....
  5. Finding and Playing Internet Radio Stations

Finding and Playing Internet Radio Stations: This enquiry is from a non technical person with a neurological disability. What please in 2019 are the various options available to seek and play Internet Radio stations via a Windows 10 Desktop Personal Computer and where are the instructions to easily use such...
  6. WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER, TROUBLE ACCESSING INTERNET RADIO

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER, TROUBLE ACCESSING INTERNET RADIO: TROUBLE ACCESSING INTERNET RADIO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-trouble-accessing-internet/d5669eb5-c48a-406c-bce8-52a70740266b
  7. Tunein for Windows -- (Internet Radio) hopeless now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tunein for Windows -- (Internet Radio) hopeless now: Hi there Is any decent program (Windows) for Tunein -- they've 100% ruined it on Windows -- now it's hopeless to get a station easily - they used to have it to arrange easily by city and Genre. Now you just get ALL the stations in a city - which for a large city could be...
  8. Internet Radio - any program to sort by GENRE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Radio - any program to sort by GENRE: Try Aimp [img]
  9. roberts stream internet radio.

roberts stream internet radio.: Updated to windows 10 last week, everything fine except I cannot stream my music from my computer to roberts internet radio. Eveything is correct ie sharing and allowing ,the computer recognises the radio in devices but radio states (No upnp media servers found). have...
  10. Windows 10 - unable turn on radio?

Windows 10 - unable turn on radio?: Hi all, I'm using a Dell E7240, did a fresh install of Windows 10. I can pick up all sorts of WIFI connections and connect to them successfully. However when I wanted to use my internal 3G modem it tells me that the "radio is off" and I can't enable this in settings?...