Windows 10: Windows 10 causing lag with online gaming

Discus and support Windows 10 causing lag with online gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I tried Windows 10 and found that Guild Wars 2 had such bad lag that it was unplayable. I had a ping of 1360 as one point when it had been in the 60-80... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dragonfire12, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Windows 10 causing lag with online gaming

I tried Windows 10 and found that Guild Wars 2 had such bad lag that it was unplayable. I had a ping of 1360 as one point when it had been in the 60-80 range previously. Internet web pages took painfully long to load. I have an excellent ISP and have never had complaints about internet access before. In searching forums I read that Window 10 has issues with data packet loss, excessive lag, etc. I went back to Windows 7 and this fixed the lag issue with Guild Wars 2 and Web Pages load instantly again, so I know Windows 10 was causing the problem.

How could Microsoft screw this up?

Does anyone know if this has been fixed and if Windows 10 is safe for online gaming yet?

:)

Dragonfire12, Jan 19, 2016

2. lag spike after latest windows 10 update

Hi

I am having lag spike after latest windows 10 update and i'm wondering what was the cause?

also i already test my ping and it's fine, so i getting a lot of lag playing online game and it's work

perfectly playing online game, also streaming videos before the update..

let know what to fix

thank

Andrew

AndrewSwaine, Jan 19, 2016
  3. msrody Win User
    Online games freezes in Windows 10

Original title: I am having major lagging, freezing when I play online games in windows 10

I am having major lagging, freezing when I play online games in windows 10 HELP

msrody, Jan 19, 2016
  4. Windows 10 causing lag with online gaming

I game online all the time with Windows 10 and haven't experienced those issues. Did you try reinstalling your ethernet or wifi drivers after you upgraded to 10? Any time I upgrade an OS, I tend to reinstall my networking drivers, GPU drivers and sound drivers, because they can occasionally become corrupted during the upgrade install.

blackroseMD1, Jan 19, 2016
  5. No I didn't try that I read a number of forum posts and one review that blamed the lag issue on Windows 10 . I went back to Windows 7 and since they will support Windows 7 until 2020 I'm happy to stay with it because it's been trouble free thus far.

I have no idea what the issue was, but I'm hesitant to reinstall Windows 10 again until I know its safe to do so and probably not at all.

Dragonfire12, Jan 19, 2016
  6. I wouldnt go putting the blame on 10. All my games play fine online. The issue is most likely with your connection/ISP.

AnonVendetta, Jan 22, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 causing lag with online gaming

1. Windows 10 causing lag with online gaming - Similar Threads - causing lag online

2. online games on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    online games on windows 10: over night i logged on to find out that no online games are working. the only exeptions are browser games like roblox etc. but like steam games and minecraft java and all that dont work. some dont even load up like java gets stuck in the assets part of loading. but steam...
  3. online games on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    online games on windows 10: over night i logged on to find out that no online games are working. the only exeptions are browser games like roblox etc. but like steam games and minecraft java and all that dont work. some dont even load up like java gets stuck in the assets part of loading. but steam...
  4. Specific mouse causes lag in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific mouse causes lag in games: I bought a wired Easterntimes tech gaming mouse a while ago and it worked fine. But recently it's started to cause fps drops in games that I play.The mouse works fine as a normal mouse, and only affects games.A different mouse and the computer's trackpad both work fine. It's...
  5. Lag spikes while playing online games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lag spikes while playing online games: Over the last year or so I have been getting periodic spikes of lag where I am unable to move or control my character in game. I have run multiple ping tests and hardware usage tests and there is no correlation between a high ping and these spikes, or high hardware usage and...
  6. does game mode on windows 10 cause lag?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    does game mode on windows 10 cause lag?: so i been playing some games and i been experiencing lag so can any of you tell me if game mode causes lag? or is it just my computer submitted by /u/flores1_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jo64n9/does_game_mode_on_windows_10_cause_lag/
  7. slideshow wallpaper causes lag in games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    slideshow wallpaper causes lag in games: i have a quad monitor setup and plenty of wallpapers and everytime the wallpaper changes it causes a giant lag in games , i have a 5700xt and a 3900x so im pretty sure i have plenty of power for all of those wallpaper changes while playing Guitar hero,RDR2 or valorant...
  8. online game lag issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    online game lag issues: I am using android emulater game (tencent buddy pubg ) is over lag on do not play game. then speed of internet using.what i do how to solve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/online-game-lag-issues/339ab9eb-6d2d-43c2-9af4-86775ac8dbda
  9. Unbearable lag in online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unbearable lag in online games: Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 today. As soon as it was done i decided to jump on some CS:GO, i instantly noticed unbearable lag that made the game unplayable. This happens with all online games that i play. I can play single player games, download things fine, and watch...
  10. Lag spikes in online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag spikes in online games: Hi all, As the title says im experiencing lag spikes when im playing online games which include (Left 4 Dead 2,Tomb Raider Etc).My ping hovers around 70-90 but after about 20 seconds it jumps up to 180-300.This constantly happens.Now bear in mind that the current (Gaming) pc...