Windows 10: Windows 10 certain keys not working.

Discus and support Windows 10 certain keys not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I've had Windows 10 for a while now, but suddenly my ''e'' and ''3'' key stopped working. I tried updating it through device manager, and I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RedFriend, Jun 10, 2016.

1. RedFriend Win User

Windows 10 certain keys not working.

So I've had Windows 10 for a while now, but suddenly my ''e'' and ''3'' key stopped working.
    I tried updating it through device manager, and I tried to do the little filter keys thing, after which it worked for like 30 minutes, but then it stopped working again.
    I have an ASUS F554LD-XX630H.

:)

RedFriend, Jun 10, 2016
  2. gwyldir Win User

6630: Certain Keys Not Working

For some reason, my Nokia 6630 has certain keys not working. Actually, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I doubt it's a cover problem, because even when I take it out, the keys still don't work.

The "1", "3", "C", Left, and Up don't work at all, and it's annoying. Some help, please?

gwyldir, Jun 10, 2016
  3. scattylas Win User
    N70 - Certain keys not working

It still seems to be working, thanks all the same for your comments. Windows 10 certain keys not working. :)

scattylas, Jun 10, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

As those keys are close together I wonder if the keyboard contacts have got damaged in some way by dirt or liquid getting under the keys.

philc43, Jun 10, 2016
  5. RedFriend Win User
    @PhilC, I can take the ''e'' key off since its a bit loose, I tried pressing the little button underneath but it still doesn't work.

RedFriend, Jun 10, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    Does the onscreen keyboard work? Right click on the Taskbar to activate the touch screen keyboard button after which you can select it from the system tray icon.

philc43, Jun 10, 2016
  7. RedFriend Win User
    @philc43 the onscreen keyboard does work.

RedFriend, Jun 10, 2016
  8. philc43 Win User

I think this confirms that you will probably need a replacement keyboard for your laptop. Try googling for methods of getting keyboards to work - there may be some tricks like blowing an air-jet at the keys etc. but something could have simply worn out on the contact. E is quite often the most used key!

philc43, Jun 10, 2016
  9. Plug in a USB keyboard. If those keys work on it, but not on the built in keyboard, I would say its time to replace the built in keyboard.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 certain keys not working. - Similar Threads - certain keys working

2. Windows 10 spamming certain keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 spamming certain keys: Hi! I have a Microsoft Sculpt keyboard and am using Windows 10 version 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046. My keyboard periodically will seemingly select a key and spam it in every setting for a matter of days until I disable the key with PowerToys. Before, I was able to ignore this...
  3. Windows 10 spamming certain keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 spamming certain keys: Hi! I have a Microsoft Sculpt keyboard and am using Windows 10 version 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046. My keyboard periodically will seemingly select a key and spam it in every setting for a matter of days until I disable the key with PowerToys. Before, I was able to ignore this...
  4. Windows 10 spamming certain keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Certain keys not working most of the time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain keys not working most of the time.: So with this Lenovo laptop, I've been encountering a problem where keys g, h, Esc, PgUp take a lot of clicks before finally inputting it. For example is when I try to press g, it doesn't show up, but suddenly after 5-10 seconds, the number of g's I pressed appears inside the...
  6. Shift key isn't working with certain keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shift key isn't working with certain keys: Today when i turned on my laptop and went to write an essay, i noticed that certain keys don't work with the shift key. i don't have sticky keys on, but when i do turn that on these keys work just fine. The keys that the shift key doesn't work on includes c, e, i, m, o, p, q,...
  7. Certain keys not working since Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Certain keys not working since Windows Update: Since I updated to the 20H2 version, my laptop has been having issues with some keys g, h, shift, ", 7. Microsoft forced me to update and the problem started. It was working fine before the update. It is not a keyboard or hardware issue. I also hear a process running in...
  8. Certain keys on keyboard not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain keys on keyboard not working: Certain keys on the keyboard stopped working, I recently got a new K602 Keyboard, All of the keys used to work howerver certain keys stopped working I think it may have something to do with drivers,[ATTACH]...
  9. Certain keys on keyboard not working

Certain keys on keyboard not working: Only keys like 9, 0, o, j, n not working while the rest still works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-keys-on-keyboard-not-working/26b953e3-de17-464c-b1d6-b07212a046bc
  10. Certain keys not working on keyboard(Windows 10)

Certain keys not working on keyboard(Windows 10): I'm having a keyboard issue. - Ok so I have an Acer Aspire V5-471G laptop. N its currently running windows 10 and I downloaded the anniversary update in september(not sure, don't remember exactly). - But after the second week of October(i think) certain keys on my...