Windows 10: Windows 10 changed my Admin account to local

Discus and support Windows 10 changed my Admin account to local in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have been using Windows 10 for months with only minor issues. I log in today and try to make a change and was unable to do so. I rebooted and when I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Darryn, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Darryn Win User

Windows 10 changed my Admin account to local

I have been using Windows 10 for months with only minor issues. I log in today and try to make a change and was unable to do so. I rebooted and when I logged in, it said I had a local account. Between yesterday and today, somehow my admin account was changed to local by windows. I am unable to fix this problem because I can't login as admin now. When I go to user accounts in control panel, it says my account name and below it, Local Account AND below that, Guest account. Any ideas?

:)

Darryn, Jul 3, 2016

2. Windows 10, admin account changed to a local and cannot log on at all

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please be informed that a local account can also be a admin account. Did you set a password when you converted your Microsoft account to a local account? If yes, enter that password and check as you may be entering Microsoft account password instead of the
    local account password.

If you don’t have a Microsoft account and forgot your local account password,
    you can’t recover it. Instead, you’ll need to reset your PC.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us.../reset-your-windows-10-local-account-password

Keep us updated with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jul 3, 2016
  3. Wwayson Win User
    Windows 10, admin account changed to a local and cannot log on at all

Somehow changed the administrator account to a local account. When I try to log on, system does not recognize password. I am unable to perform any troubleshooting (safe mode) or restores because the admin access is required.

Any way to fix or even wipe everything and restart?

Thank you in advance,

Wwayson, Jul 3, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Darryn *Smile

Please open a command prompt (right click on the Windows Start icon) and type wmic useraccount list full

This will show details of all user accounts on your PC. If you can paste the results here we can help you further.

philc43, Jul 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 changed my Admin account to local - Similar Threads - changed Admin account

2. Issues with local account changed from local admin to guest

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with local account changed from local admin to guest: I wonder if you will be able to advise on the following issue:. I have recently changed the local user profile from admin to guest. The user can no longer see things saved to the desktop and to his local machine , favorite tabs in chrome are missing and he can no longer...
  3. I ACCIDENTALLY CHANGE MY ADMIN ACCOUNT INTO A LOCAL ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Customization
    I ACCIDENTALLY CHANGE MY ADMIN ACCOUNT INTO A LOCAL ACCOUNT: HELLO SO I WAS ANGRY THAT DAY AND THEN I ACCIDENTALLY CHANGE MY ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT INTO A LOCAL ACCOUNT AND THEN I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO CHANGE IT BACK....
  4. Local admin account password - Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local admin account password - Windows 10: Hi, my laptop suffers from occasional disk errors and I get into disk repair mode. I get asked for a password I assume admin and enter it successfully - job done? Not exactly, I can't figure out how to change this password as I can't see a password change option under account...
  5. Change my account to admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change my account to admin: I am having trouble with certain apps not working correctly or not allowing me to use different features because my account is not an administrator account. I have tried to change that, but it requires me to sign in to the current admin account, which belonged to the previous...
  6. Windows changed my admin Microsoft not local account to my protected minor son's account.

Windows changed my admin Microsoft not local account to my protected minor son's account.: This is by far the worst system fault I have ever experienced with windows. It's just unbelievable. I used to have my admin account, set up with a microsoft account, and once I needed to access microsoft website, not even a native app, with my sons account, and suddenly my...
  7. Local Admin account settings keep changing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Admin account settings keep changing: Hi There, On some of our computers running Windows 10 the local admin keeps asking for a change of password even though we select the option for the password to never expire. Has anyone else experienced this?...
  8. Local admin account vs domain admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local admin account vs domain admin account: Can both local admin account and domain admin account make changes on the Windows 10 Pro PC? Like installing programs, uninstalling, making network changes etc. Does one account has more access than the other?...
  9. Two local admin. account

Two local admin. account: Have two Administrator accounts, both are shown as "Local. " Cannot delete/change the type of account. Windows keeps telling me I am signed in to the account. HELP 34557
  10. Local Admin account password changed to unknown

Local Admin account password changed to unknown: My local administrator account password has evidently been changed to something unknown to me. I am sure I am typing the password correctly, I've carefully tried several times. I have 3 local accounts on my machine and my Microsoft account (for purposes of this post I am...