Windows 10: Windows 10 changed my display??

Discus and support Windows 10 changed my display?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I came home from work and discovered that my computer had been updated to Windows 10. Pretty underhanded move on Microshaft's part, but I thought I'd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by desktop, Jun 11, 2016.

1. desktop Win User

Windows 10 changed my display??

I came home from work and discovered that my computer had been updated to Windows 10. Pretty underhanded move on Microshaft's part, but I thought I'd give it a whirl. Everything seems fine except now when I open Photoshop everything is so tiny I can't really work in the program anymore. Attached is a screenshot of what I mean.

I have checked the display settings and they are all correct for my monitors, but as you can see it's still to dang small. Also, whenever I hover over the menu items and try to choose one of them from the pop out list it flicks to the next menu item and I can't choose what I wanted. It's very annoying and I can't figure out what's wrong.

I joined just to ask about this, because if I can't find a solution I'm going back to Windows 7.

Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

desktop, Jun 11, 2016

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jun 11, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Jun 11, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 changed my display??

1. Windows 10 changed my display?? - Similar Threads - changed display

2. Display color change Please help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display color change Please help me: Hello, This issue just happen after my latest update with the Microsoft system. My display is not accurate and I attached image of the difference. Please help me. My display show that this is a color yellow but in my laptop screen it is pink...
  3. Display color change Please help me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display color change Please help me: Hello, This issue just happen after my latest update with the Microsoft system. My display is not accurate and I attached image of the difference. Please help me. My display show that this is a color yellow but in my laptop screen it is pink...
  4. How do I change the taskbar color on 2 separate displays?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the taskbar color on 2 separate displays?: I'm having trouble with my taskbar. I have 2 different monitors and on my main display the taskbar is almost white or grey, and the other is a very dark blue or black. Can I get them both to be the same color? Thanks,...
  5. How do I change the taskbar color on 2 separate displays?

How do I change the taskbar color on 2 separate displays?: I'm having trouble with my taskbar. I have 2 different monitors and on my main display the taskbar is almost white or grey, and the other is a very dark blue or black. Can I get them both to be the same color? Thanks,...
  6. Extend displays- Can't accept changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend displays- Can't accept changes: Hopefully an easy fix.New laptop, plugged into monitor and it duplicates displays.When I select extend displays, the pop up says keep changes or in 10seconds will revert changes.However the pop up is greyed out so cannot accept changes.Thanks in advance!...
  7. Extend displays- Can't accept changes

Extend displays- Can't accept changes: Hopefully an easy fix.New laptop, plugged into monitor and it duplicates displays.When I select extend displays, the pop up says keep changes or in 10seconds will revert changes.However the pop up is greyed out so cannot accept changes.Thanks in advance!...
  8. Extend displays- Can't accept changes

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station: Hello Everyone, I use two monitors. the original one of the laptop and an additional external monitor extending displays. I use a docking station when I am working which allows me to use the two monitors. Sometimes I use the laptop on its own without the additional screen....
  10. automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station

automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station: Hello Everyone, I use two monitors. the original one of the laptop and an additional external monitor extending displays. I use a docking station when I am working which allows me to use the two monitors. Sometimes I use the laptop on its own without the additional screen....