Windows 10: Windows 10 changes Outlook default behavior

Discus and support Windows 10 changes Outlook default behavior in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In upgrading from Windows 8 to Win10, it's changed a number of default settings which I can't figure out how to change. First, when I send a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by richards1052, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Windows 10 changes Outlook default behavior

In upgrading from Windows 8 to Win10, it's changed a number of default settings which I can't figure out how to change.

First, when I send a message in Outlook 2013, it returns me to the desktop instead of the Inbox. THis is incredibly annoying. Does anyone know how to change this?

:)

richards1052, Aug 25, 2015
  2. EugP Win User

Windows Photo App not sharing with Outlook

Hi,

This is a disappointing response from Sachin V. of the Microsoft Community.

This is default behavior for the Photo app, the only choices are "Mail" and "Dropbox", or, if signed into something like Facebook, that appears. Outlook is never listed as a choice, even when signed into a Microsoft Work account on the profile. There is
    no setting available to change these options.

Running Windows app troubleshooter and trying a clean boot is a meaningless exercise that would result in exactly the same behavior and just waste the time and effort of the OP.

Microsoft needs to fix Photo so that sharing through Outlook is made available as an option.

3. joe_____b Win User
    mouse unusable after wake from sleep

i started out with the default driver and later installed the Microsoft intellipoint driver.

there has been no change in this behavior.

also, defaulting the power settings has not changed the behavior.

joe_____b, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 changes Outlook default behavior

1. Windows 10 changes Outlook default behavior - Similar Threads - changes Outlook default

2. Changing the default "From: address in Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the default "From: address in Outlook: Hello,I'm trying to use Outlook with a Word mailmerge. The Outlook account is linked to my Gmail account. I generally don't use the Gmail address: I have my website address automatically forwarded to Gmail.Gmail allows me to use my website email in the "From" field, with no...
  3. Changing the default "From: address in Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing the default "From: address in Outlook: Hello,I'm trying to use Outlook with a Word mailmerge. The Outlook account is linked to my Gmail account. I generally don't use the Gmail address: I have my website address automatically forwarded to Gmail.Gmail allows me to use my website email in the "From" field, with no...
  4. Default Print Screen Behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Print Screen Behavior: I was wondering if there is a way to change the default capture for Print Screen in Windows 10.I use multiple monitors, and tapping print screen as it is, pushes a capture of both monitors to One Drive in the Screen Shots folder, which is great, but I would rather it capture...
  5. Recent Windows 10 taskbar behavior change for Outlook late Sept 2020

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent Windows 10 taskbar behavior change for Outlook late Sept 2020: 2020-09-22 My Outlook 365 taskbar behavior has changed in the last couple of days. It no longer shows that it Outlook is open when minimized to the taskbar. As I always keep mail and calendar tasks open but normally minimized this is very inconvenient. I can no longer...
  6. How to change default File or Folder Drag and Drop behavior on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change default File or Folder Drag and Drop behavior on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 has two default actions when you drag and drop a file or folder into a new destination in File Explorer; Copy or Move, […] This article How to change default File or Folder Drag and Drop behavior on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  7. Change defaults for new accounts in Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Change defaults for new accounts in Outlook: First post although Ive referred to this forum often so hi all. In Outlook 2016, its annoying having to enable SMTP authentication and SSL/TLS and ports 993 and 465 every time. I really dont understand why Office 365 still uses insecure email settings as default as well as...
  8. Bitlocker Removable Drive : Change Wizard default selected behavior

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Removable Drive : Change Wizard default selected behavior: We have enabled Removable Drive encryption for my company. The users will get prompted to either encrypt the removable USB drive for read/write or don't encrypt for read only. By default "encrypt" is selected and many times without reading the wizard (of course) the users...
  9. How to change gliding cursor behavior in Windows 10 Mail (Outlook)?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change gliding cursor behavior in Windows 10 Mail (Outlook)?: Hello, Mail has been working great for me. However, there is a preference issue with the typing cursor that I would like to change. In most programs, such as Google Chrome or the File Manager, when you type a key on your keyboard, the blinking cursor automatically snaps...
  10. Windows Defender Default Behavior

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Default Behavior: I just started using Windows Defender on my new Windows 10 PC. I uninstalled the Mcafee trial software through the control panel then used the Mcafee uninstall program as well. Initially, Defender wanted to run a quick scan which I did. My question is this: By default, in...