Windows 10: Windows 10 changing attributes of office Document and Word files.

Discus and support Windows 10 changing attributes of office Document and Word files. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Since I upgraded to Windows 10; I have noticed that all my older Word documents have been made "Read Only". Despite changing the properties to correct... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Lord zaeon, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Windows 10 changing attributes of office Document and Word files.

Since I upgraded to Windows 10; I have noticed that all my older Word documents have been made "Read Only". Despite changing the properties to correct this. Word still loads them as Read Only documents and will not let me make changes. I also noticed; that since the upgrade, despite my account having FULL ADMINISTRATOR rights and permissions, Every action I take to attempt to correct any issues pops up the message that I need administrator rights to complete the action. The problems I experience on my Laptop don't apply to back-ups of the documents on external storage devices. Is there a simple fix for this? Or does anyone here have a solution; has noticed the same issue or have Microsoft screwed up yet again. (I remember Windows 95, ME and Vista. Some people never seem to learn from their mistakes). *Mad

:)

Lord zaeon, Sep 29, 2015
  2. GaryLaing Win User

Documents open as Read Only

I am using a Laptop with Windows 10 and Office 15. Recently my Word documents have started opening as Read only. I have gone back to the attributes and removed the "Open Read only" attribute for the individual file and folder it is stored in, but it always
    defaults back to Read Only whenever opened.

I have also tried modifying the C:USER attributes without success.

This problem has only appeared recently, I am assuming an update has caused it.

Help!!

GaryLaing, Sep 29, 2015
  3. Word Pad

I previously asked a question about being able to open Word Pad, which was answered. I was able to pin Word Pad to start. However, I have the problem of only being able to read a document without being able to edit it, unless I purchase Office. Is Word
    Pad no longer a free app that comes with Windows 10? I created and saved a test document that is saved to an rtf file. Previously, I could choose which file this was saved to, but Word Pad is no longer giving me the option. It automatically saves this to
    the rtf file which is also linked to a cloud. I also cannot access previously created documents that are in the cloud without purchasing Office. Is there a way to change this or do I need to purchase Office?

Robin Hassett, Sep 29, 2015
  4. Windows 10 changing attributes of office Document and Word files.

Will someone please help. Every attempt to get folder options to change has NO effect whatsoever. EVERY folder on my Laptop is now READ ONLY and even though Windows says it has applied the changes there is NO CHANGE. The situation is becoming intollerable. I am seriously thinking of shifting to Linux. WHAT THE **** ARE MICROSOFT THINKING. These problems will put off their core customer base. They will lose the business market if this kind of cock up continues.*Mad

Lord zaeon, Oct 6, 2015
  5. gpstoloff Win User
    gpstoloff, Oct 6, 2015
  6. Trust Center Settings needed resetting to default values even though they were that anyway. Did the restore to default and everything is working again. Still keeps telling me to give Administrator level permission for some changes even though I am the Administrator and my account has full rights??? I used to get that problem on my Desktop when I was running XP. Microsoft's programmers need a ruddy great rocket up their collective arseholes.

Lord zaeon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 changing attributes of office Document and Word files.

1. Windows 10 changing attributes of office Document and Word files. - Similar Threads - changing attributes office

2. Changing the Word Document Template in Office Windows Suite 2021

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the Word Document Template in Office Windows Suite 2021: Could I get simple step-by-step directions to create a word document template that will open automatically in Word Office Suite, NOT 365 with a specific font and margin settings, every time I open Word to create a new document?Thank you,Susan...
  3. Changing the Word Document Template in Office Windows Suite 2021

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing the Word Document Template in Office Windows Suite 2021: Could I get simple step-by-step directions to create a word document template that will open automatically in Word Office Suite, NOT 365 with a specific font and margin settings, every time I open Word to create a new document?Thank you,Susan...
  4. File Explorer Attributes Windows 10 + Office 365

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Attributes Windows 10 + Office 365: I ran dir /? in the command prompt to see what the attribute codes mean, but the list falls short. D = DirectoryA = File Ready to ArchiveR = Read-onlyL = Reparse PointO = Offline filesS = System fileM = ???U = ???P = ???What other secret attribute codes are there and what do...
  5. File Explorer Attributes Windows 10 + Office 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Attributes Windows 10 + Office 365: I ran dir /? in the command prompt to see what the attribute codes mean, but the list falls short. D = DirectoryA = File Ready to ArchiveR = Read-onlyL = Reparse PointO = Offline filesS = System fileM = ???U = ???P = ???What other secret attribute codes are there and what do...
  6. File Explorer Attributes Windows 10 + Office 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't change file Attributes as Administrator, Windows 10

Can't change file Attributes as Administrator, Windows 10: I have a brand new DELL Win10 laptop. I have the only user account and I am administrator. I am trying to change the file properties on a folder under C:\Program Files (x86), specifically, removing the Read-only Attribute. I un-click the Read-only box and hit 'Apply'. A...
  8. changing file and folder attributes

in Windows 10 Support
    changing file and folder attributes: Hi I have a large number of photos i need to tag, want to use the properties attributes, is there any way of changing the Location attribute, maybe an application ? Title & Subjest were easy....... Thanks 132033
  9. Word documents changed to wordpad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word documents changed to wordpad: I just did a system update and now my word documents have been changed to wordpad. Why, on earth did this happen and how do I reverse this without having to change every file independently?...
  10. Lost word document changes

Lost word document changes: Lost file after ‘save as’ Ive lost a file that i opened and had been adding a lot of text to today. I was relying on auto save but not actually pressing save until i finished it and then tried to save it as a new title ‘save as’. Closed the file so that i could email it and...