Windows 10: Windows 10 changing MAC Address and remove Machine GUID

Discus and support Windows 10 changing MAC Address and remove Machine GUID in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have couple of questions here, Does changing your mac address, removing machine GUID, and changing the hostname harm to your computer ? 79091 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikelferdinan, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Windows 10 changing MAC Address and remove Machine GUID

I have couple of questions here, Does changing your mac address, removing machine GUID, and changing the hostname harm to your computer ?

:)

mikelferdinan, Mar 10, 2017

2. MAC Address problems, not changing/reading device MAC address

I installed and setup windows 10 (drivers, etc.) on a machine with everything working well.

I imaged the hard drive (I have a Vol Licence) to 5 other HDD's, changed the name and then had IP issues. I noticed the MAC address on 4 of the imaged HDD's are the same!

I rebooted, change computers (I'm using an internal dock) to no avail.

I've manually changed the MAC address for the moment but WTH?!?!

Does Windows 10 storage the MAC address and if so, why does it not update?

What do I need to check or change?

Garry Steman, Mar 10, 2017
  3. I have changed my microsoft account password, will it affect my windows 10 operation? Do i have to login again on the PC?

Thanks for replying. There's no 'verify' option besides my email address there. It says "myemailID (primary alias)" and there's an option to remove that alias, that's it.

Anyway, my query is I have changed my MS account password using another system (which is a mac). Now do I have to verify the new password on my windows 10 machine? if yes then how to do that?

KedarSambhus, Mar 10, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Windows 10 changing MAC Address and remove Machine GUID

No, it does not harm the computer but quite possibly will harm connections, networking, things you want to do with the equipment you have. What is the need for changing?

Berton, Mar 10, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    Changing mac address can stop the network working if you get it wrong

Samuria, Mar 10, 2017
  6. Mac addresses are assigned to networking devices by the manufacturers because each of them have a set of addresses they can use.

If your PC has both wired and wireless networking, it will actually have two Mac addresses - one for each device.

You really should not be changing them, and if you are "spoofing" addresses (i.e., providing a fake address), that could be considered illegal activity in some contexts and should be avoided.

Mark Phelps, Mar 10, 2017
  7. I need to change it because i've been banned from an online games for no reason and the admin advice me to do this step:
    1. Change MAC address with TMAC
    2. Change the hostname in regedit
    3. Removing random number in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\xxxx and last one
    4. Removing machine GUID in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography
    That's step i need to do, to get unbanned. But i afraid all of step above could harm my computer because of changing registry.

mikelferdinan, Mar 10, 2017
  8. Berton Win User

Usually the worst thing that happens when futzing around in the Registry is a wrong entry can prevent booting up, results in reinstalling Windows. I always make a new System Restore point before working in the Registry. Or one can use Registry menu options to Export a copy of the Registry, click on the topmost item on the list in the left column first.

Berton, Mar 10, 2017
  9. Before i begin this step i need to know first what is that random number, machine GUID and hostname is ?

mikelferdinan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 changing MAC Address and remove Machine GUID - Similar Threads - changing MAC Address

2. mac address

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mac address: Hi, Good time Why does my system MAC address change every time I install new Windows? I really need my MAC address to stay the same. And this is the third time that it has changed with the installation of the new Windows 10. I participate in courses that provide codes...
  3. mac address

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mac address: Hi, Good time Why does my system MAC address change every time I install new Windows? I really need my MAC address to stay the same. And this is the third time that it has changed with the installation of the new Windows 10. I participate in courses that provide codes...
  4. Unable to change spoof MAC Address on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change spoof MAC Address on Windows 10: I followed every tutorial on this page except for the downloading external software part, and all other websites seem to follow the same tutorials. Despite this, I was unable to change my mac address, It simply did not change when I checked with the "getmac" command. I can't...
  5. changing MAC address with intel web adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    changing MAC address with intel web adapter: Hi was wondering if someone could help me. I have been trying to change my MAC address and have been struggling with normal methods ie: control centre and command prompt. I've read that Intel Network adapters make it pretty hard to change the MAC address. My network adapter...
  6. MAC address changes on reboot

MAC address changes on reboot: My PC's MAC address changes on reboot even though the "Random hardware address" option is disabled in WiFi settings. This is creating issues as my university uses a captive login portal that requires each device's MAC address to be registered....
  7. Issue in MAC address - Mac change without knowing in windows 10

Issue in MAC address - Mac change without knowing in windows 10: Hi, Recently i have seen some unusual change in network card MAC(Windows 10), I have two Windows 10 PC with DHCP assigned IPs (Reserved IPs). Few weeks back DHCP sever issued new IPs for those PCs without any human intention. After that i have check and notice both have...
  8. Windows 10 , Random Mac Address

Windows 10 , Random Mac Address: Hi, 2.5.0.0 I want a discuss a case for windows 10. I’m trying to find a solution for it so could you please support me. The case is as following we bought a 500 windows license on a dell laptops. All windows have a feature called RANDOM MAC ADDRESS, I know that you can...
  9. MAC Address, MAC ID

MAC Address, MAC ID: Anyone know where I can find my MAC address or MAC ID? I have a Microsoft HP Laptop/touchscreen with Windows 10 and I need the MAC address, Where do I go to find out that information???...
  10. Change Wifi Router Mac Address

Change Wifi Router Mac Address: How can I change my Cisco Cable Modem's Mac Address>*Biggrin 42984

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete machinegiud