Windows 10: Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad

Discus and support Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have you tried wordpad? Yes he did (HERE) Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by slicendice, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad

Yes he did (HERE)

slicendice, Apr 4, 2018

2. When making a list in Notepad I want to place a check mark beside some of the listed items.
    So tonight I googled a way to do that. I came across a webpage on control keys and symbols.
    The instructions stated that Open the Character Map and under the pull down menu item look for Windlings 2.
    I did that and found my check mark symbol. PTL. So I selected the check mark symbol and copied it.
    So I went to my opened notepad document and did the right click menu with the mouse and selected paste.
    Instead of the check mark symbol I got the Capital Letter P. I just tried to paste the check mark symbol here and I got (P) again.

So do I need to be in unicode mode to get the check mark to work? Hey I know it is less complicated if I use shift x butt I wanted to "spread my winglings"!

:)

1ThursdayJC, Apr 16, 2018
  3. Alt + num. pad. NNNN special characters: Does it work in W-10?

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

You can use Character map app to have a special characters in the Windows 10.

1) Search for Character map in the search box and then try to set it up the special characters.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 16, 2018
  4. howeshou Win User

Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad

Notepad in Windows 10 doesn't display Chinese character

Hello everyone!

The Notepad in my Surface Pro 3 using Windows 10 doesn't display Chinese characters correctly, it shows strings of strange characters instead of Chinese. I would appreciate very much if anyone could help me solve this problem.

Regards,

Howe

howeshou, Apr 16, 2018
  5. Well I found the answer to my question. I should have thought through this a little longer.

Notepad is native in ANSI mode.
    However Wordpad can work in UTF-8 mode.
    I found steps to make Notepad usable in UTF-8 mode but there are a lot of steps and once again there has to be a registry hack to make it work.
    Now how do I make Workpad be listed in the most used application through the Start Menu?

1ThursdayJC, Apr 16, 2018
  6. Notepad only works with one font at a time, since you are working with pure ASCII and no associated formatting information is included in a text file. Using WingDings won't work there (well it works but then you can ONLY type using wingdings). If you want a check-mark in Notepad, use Consolas font and also select same font in CharacterMap and use the square-root sign.

Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad [​IMG]

slicendice, Apr 16, 2018
  7. swarfega Win User
    Have you tried wordpad?

swarfega, Apr 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad

1. Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad - Similar Threads - Character Map Notepad

2. Windows Character Map customisation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Character Map customisation: Is there a way to create custom groups in Character Map program. As an engineer I use quite ofter special characters but I forget some shortcuts so it would be nice If I could leave Character Map with handpicked characters open on my secondary monitor. NB: since it is my...
  3. Character Map not working in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Character Map not working in Windows 11/10: [IMG]In this post, we will show you what you can do if the Character Map is not working in Windows 11/10. Character Map is a Windows built-in tool that allows users of the Windows OS to see all the special characters available in each font installed on the computer. It also...
  4. Universal Character Map

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Universal Character Map: I'm trying to download this from the Microsoft and I keep getting the following error:This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the default app settings page....
  5. Universal Character Map

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Universal Character Map: I'm trying to download this from the Microsoft and I keep getting the following error:This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the default app settings page....
  6. Built-in commands such as Notepad and Character Map are not found by Search

in Cortana
    Built-in commands such as Notepad and Character Map are not found by Search: Hi,On a system I recently reinstalled from scratch now runs 21H1 10.0.19043.1237.amd64fre.vb_release.191206-1406 I'm facing the following issue:If I hit the Windows key, they start typing to search for a command, and that command is a built-in non-Store app such as Notepad or...
  7. ASCII codes in Character Map

in Windows 10 Customization
    ASCII codes in Character Map: Hello, I am looking for a way to show the ASCII codes of all characters that have one in the Character Map in Windows 10 Pro as used to be the case in older versions, in such a way that when I wish to insert a special character in another application I can easily check what...
  8. Character Map

in Cortana
    Character Map: Is there a way to pin the Character Map to the bottom of my page, don't know what that area is called, so I don't have to enter it in search every time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/character-map/06e6edf3-f133-45d0-ae5b-477c6b069f03
  9. Character map

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Character map: How can I find the character map on Microsoft 10? I used to get it when I entered it in "Type to search" box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/character-map/79ea1805-3776-4843-879d-feecaafeafcd
  10. Open and Use Character Map in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open and Use Character Map in Windows: How to: Open and Use Character Map in Windows How to Open and Use Character Map in Windows You can use Character Map to view the characters that are available for a selected font. Character Map displays the following character sets: Windows DOS Unicode You can copy...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cf50c7252078

2. get help with notepad in windows 10 special characters

3. get help with notepad in windows 10 symbols

4. notepad chinese characters windows 10,
  5. get help with notepad in windows 10 character map,
  6. notepad special symbols,
  7. notepad chinese,
  8. problem with caracters in notepad windows 10,
  9. NOTEPAD WITH CHINESE CHARACTERS,
  10. special characters notepad in windows 10,
  11. display special characters in notepad,