Windows 10: Windows 10 clean instalation from USB: Cannot detect the SSD on my Surface 3.

Discus and support Windows 10 clean instalation from USB: Cannot detect the SSD on my Surface 3. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am currently at the stage where I'm asked "Where do you want to install Windows". My choice of locations is currently blank. I do have the choice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by billmobile, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Windows 10 clean instalation from USB: Cannot detect the SSD on my Surface 3.

I am currently at the stage where I'm asked "Where do you want to install Windows".

My choice of locations is currently blank. I do have the choice to "load driver", but I have no idea where such a driver would be located. I've searched around and can find no information that such a driver even exists.

So where am I going wrong here? Thanks!

:)

billmobile, Jul 27, 2018

2. Surface 3 Clean Install

Hi Everyone

I have recently upgraded my Surface 3 to Windows 10 and I wish to do a clean install, to install a fresh copy of windows without having all the old data from Windows 8.1. Would I be fine following, "How to do a clean install" tutorial via Ten Forums or would there be a different process for doing this for a Surface?

I am guessing since its basically a mini laptop I would just follow the same steps? I have made a boot-able USB for this. Also would my Surface automatically activate or should I note down the product key just in case it doesn't?

Thanks

ellellell1, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Windows 10 clean instalation from USB: Cannot detect the SSD on my Surface 3. :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 clean instalation from USB: Cannot detect the SSD on my Surface 3.

Delta6326, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 clean instalation from USB: Cannot detect the SSD on my Surface 3.

1. Windows 10 clean instalation from USB: Cannot detect the SSD on my Surface 3. - Similar Threads - clean instalation USB

2. Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.: Unable to boot, getting the following error message from startup repair;Startup repair Log File: D:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Tried to use all other methods found, none have worked....
  3. my usb 3 being detected as a usb 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my usb 3 being detected as a usb 2: my usb is being detected as a usb 2 that's a usb 3 port and cable by the oculus app and usb tree and i don't know how to make it work as a usb 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-usb-3-being-detected-as-a-usb-2/711552c9-3958-44a2-9259-b38530ebfa4b
  4. Windows 10 clean install from usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 clean install from usb: I’m trying to do a clean install on a new PC using a USB. Anyone know how to get around the media driver missing? I tried the unplug and plug method. I’m at a loss? submitted by /u/jcoope40 [link] [comments]...
  5. Clean Install of Windows 10 on SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install of Windows 10 on SSD: I've got a clunky 1TB HDD that's just about to fall over. I want to buy a 1TB SSD and rather than transfer everything over from the HDD, I want to do a fresh install of Windows 10 on the SDD. How easy is this and how do I go about it?...
  6. Windows 10 Clean install from USB freezes

Windows 10 Clean install from USB freezes: I recently wanted to upgrade my computer, so I bought a motherboard (Gigabyte B360M D3H) and a processor (i7-9700K). Since I was changing my mobo, I thought I could do a clean install of W10 on my SSD (that I formated). So I used the Media Creation Tool on my USB drive....
  7. Surface 3 Windows 10 Clean Install touch son't work

Surface 3 Windows 10 Clean Install touch son't work: I try perform a clean install of Windows 10 on Surface 3 and the touchscreen during setup dont work. I can boot the Windows 10 pendrive (Surface 3 only have 1 USB). i see the options like, language and next option but the touchscreen don't work and i cant proceed because i...
  8. New SSD - Clean Install - 3 (???) Partitions Created!

New SSD - Clean Install - 3 (???) Partitions Created!: Normally I Partition my drives myself using Gparted. With a Fresh out of the box (Not even formatted) I wanted to see what Win10 would do with the drive. It created 3 partitions (Which surprised me). I expected an EFI partition, and the OS partition, but I didn't expect...
  9. Surface 3 Clean Install

Surface 3 Clean Install: Hi Everyone I have recently upgraded my Surface 3 to Windows 10 and I wish to do a clean install, to install a fresh copy of windows without having all the old data from Windows 8.1. Would I be fine following, "How to do a clean install" tutorial via Ten Forums or would...
  10. Clean install windows 10 on my SSD

Clean install windows 10 on my SSD: I have a samsung 850 pro 256 gb SSD and the windows install disk i have keeps giving me the same trouble every time i try to clean install it on my SSD: "windows could not format a partition on disk 0 the error occurred while preparing the partition selected for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface 3 ssd not detected

2. windows 10 install surface dont detect ssd