Windows 10: Windows 10 Clean Install gets stuck. Can't use windows 10 dvd.

Discus and support Windows 10 Clean Install gets stuck. Can't use windows 10 dvd. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I hope this is the right place to post this. I wanted to do a reinstall of Windows 10 on my Asus X53S laptop (bought in 2010), but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MVLIJTHEN, Feb 28, 2017.

1. MVLIJTHEN Win User

Windows 10 Clean Install gets stuck. Can't use windows 10 dvd.

Hi everyone,

I hope this is the right place to post this. I wanted to do a reinstall of Windows 10 on my Asus X53S laptop (bought in 2010), but the built-in clean install got stuck on 10% and after a day or so I decided to turn it off and use my Windows 10 DVD to do a manual reinstall by booting my laptop from the DVD. However, my activation key for Windows is no longer valid as it turned out. I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 some time a go. I read somewhere that Windows allowed for one free upgrade, but if I reinstall Windows 10 myself I would have to buy a new activation key. Is that right? When I boot the laptop normally it stays stuck on a loading screen. Can I do something to fix the clean install or abort it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

With kind regards,

Thijs

:)

MVLIJTHEN, Feb 28, 2017

2. How to Boot from DVD to clean install Windows 10

Hi,

After I updated my PC to windows 10 1607 and made a ISO dvd from Microsoft, I tried to made a clean install with my DVD and I can't boot from my Windows 10 DVD.

My HP PC use EUFI.

Do you know why???

Thanks

Original title: Windows 10 anniversary update clean install

RobertDeschênes, Feb 28, 2017
  3. Stuck at Windows 10's not functioning safe mode

I've already tried it. it didn't work the problem was I got stuck and couldn't boot to either tze safe mode nor back to normal mode . i gave up and then used Windows 10 dvd and did a clean installation to get it work.

aymankasem, Feb 28, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Clean Install gets stuck. Can't use windows 10 dvd.

Welcome to the TenForums @MVLIJTHEN

If your laptop was running Windows 10 you are licensed to use it and you do not need to buy another copy. When you install, if asked for key just hit next. When you are up the MS servers will look at your machine, id it from the characteristics and will activate windows.

The TenForums tutorial library contains the tutorial on doing a clean install. A clean install is just that, your existing data will not be protected. Please follow the tutorial closely, especially around Bios settings. When using the Media creator to create a USB key you have to be on a Windows 10 machine and have a 4GB USB key , or at least that has been my experience, that may have changed. If you don't have a 10 machine create the ISO.

Windows 10 - Clean Install

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 28, 2017
  5. MVLIJTHEN Win User
    Thanks, Ken!

I will try what you suggested and let you know how it worked out!

Thijs

MVLIJTHEN, Feb 28, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    The link to continue without a product key during install actually says "I don't have a product key."

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Clean Install gets stuck. Can't use windows 10 dvd.

1. Windows 10 Clean Install gets stuck. Can't use windows 10 dvd. - Similar Threads - Clean Install gets

2. Stuck on the windows logo for a clean installation of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on the windows logo for a clean installation of windows 10: My laptop dell XPS 15-9570 laptop can not be made a clean installation of windows 10. it was stuck on the windows logo. Early it was bitlocked in its original SSD driver. I removed the SSD driver and replaced a new one. But when I tried to re-install windows 10 from a USB...
  3. Windows 10 pro- Can't get a clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro- Can't get a clean install: Cant seem to get clean install in the last 23 installs on 3 of my personal computers, i have about 12 iso installs and they all get edited by the corrupt local account that has made him a home on my familys computer, he has corrupted the local registry, the policies, the...
  4. Windows 10 Clean install stuck with BitLocker

Windows 10 Clean install stuck with BitLocker: Hi All, I received a used laptop from a friend which was purchased from an auction. Its (Lenovo ThinkPad T450) currently using Win 10 but Im trying to clean install Win 10 on it with using a bootable USB I created and used on other devices. However, when I tried to press...
  5. Windows 10 Issues clean installing from DVD

Windows 10 Issues clean installing from DVD: Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10 Okay, long story ahead, basically it all started after I swapped out my heat sink and applied new thermal paste due to bad CPU temps, paste hadn’t been changed in 4~ years so I deemed it appropriate. While I was doing this I also...
  6. Windows 10 - 1903 clean install stuck

Windows 10 - 1903 clean install stuck: Trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 - 1903. No problems with the initial boot, but after the 2nd boot it just sits there with the swirly dots ( this is the boot where it find devices) Any suggestions? 137057
  7. Windows 10 1903. Clean install stuck

Windows 10 1903. Clean install stuck: trying to do a clean install of Windows 10. The first boot is fine ( create the partition, 1 to 100% file copy) When it reboots, it sits with the circling dots and doesn't do anything past this point ( the next part would be the finding devices, but not even getting that...
  8. Windows 10 Clean Install Stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Clean Install Stuck: I attempted a Clean Install after the Blue Screen of Death. It has been stuck at 30% for over 3 hours. Does anyone have any suggestions? Would putting in a new hard drive solve this problem? Thanks!...
  9. Can't Get Windows 10 to Install Stuck in Loop

Can't Get Windows 10 to Install Stuck in Loop: Hello: I recently purchased Windows 10 Home edition. Following the instructions on the Microsoft site, I used the Media Creation tool to create a bootable USB installation drive. I am trying to install Windows 10 on a HP Pavilion laptop, which was previously running Windows...
  10. Windows 10 clean install stuck installing updates

Windows 10 clean install stuck installing updates: Greetings, I've just registered into this forum, i hope there would be someone who can solve my problem, thanks before My device: Laptop Asus G73SW Core i7 8GB RAM 460M 2x1TB drive UEFI support (but still with old bios interface) Media & method used: 8GB usb...