Windows 10: Windows 10 clean install no key!

Discus and support Windows 10 clean install no key! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I experienced a problem with my new PC loaded with Windows 7 Home edition. Some major files were corrupted so I tried to reload it with the disc, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pcmonkeymonks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Windows 10 clean install no key!

I experienced a problem with my new PC loaded with Windows 7 Home edition. Some major files were corrupted so I tried to reload it with the disc, but it was in German and it lost me. So I downloaded Windows 10 Home (single language) from Microsoft thinking that my key would work and the single language would be no different from multi language. Should have known better with MS, as its never that easy.

Now I find they require me to upgrade from the original 7 disc or BUY A NEW ONE!!! Anyone know where I can get a serial key that works? I keep getting error code0x0800700b with keys listed on the net.

Damned money grabbing Microsoft!

:)

pcmonkeymonks, Jan 20, 2016
  2. DeanoL Win User

Clean Install Key Windows 10?

The install asks for a key during setup. Hopefully something post-install grabs the key from the Microsoft account.

DeanoL, Jan 20, 2016
  3. Clean Install Key Windows 10?

No product key is required:

Will I get a product key, can I get a product key?

By default, Windows 10 builds are pre-keyed, meaning, you do not have to enter a product key and should not be prompted to enter one even after Windows 10 has completed setup.

How to troubleshoot Product Activation in Windows 10

Microsoft tells me that it will be possible to do so. And that a key part of this process is that it will save a product key tied to the previously upgraded PC or device in Windows Store. This is how Windows 10 will later know that the install is allowed:
    It’s “one of the benefits of the new delivery system,” a Microsoft representative told me.

Source:
    https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/3898/a-few-more-answers-about-windows-10-upgrades

See:

How
    to: Perform a clean install using Reset this PC in Windows 10

How
    to: Create a Recovery Drive for reinstalling Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Jan 20, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 clean install no key!

Brink, Jan 20, 2016
  5. Yes I do have the key that is what I was saying It wont work. I am not asking for an illegal key I would like some advice on it.

pcmonkeymonks, Jan 20, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    The only place you can get a legal key that will work is from MS and no were else.

BunnyJ, Jan 20, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Your Windows 7 key will work, but Windows 10 will need to be for the same language.

If you still cannot get it to work, then you could install and activate Windows 7 agian, and use the method below to clean install Windows 10.

Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First

Brink, Jan 20, 2016
  8. Windows 10 clean install no key!

I can help.

Activate Windows 10

Step 1: Grab a phone, if you do not have one or not have access to a phone, Install Skype (skype.com)

Step 2: Run the program "slui.exe 4"

Step 3: Select your country

Step 4: Dial the number it tells you to dial on your phone or skype.

Step 5: Follow the instructions the robot gives you.

Step 6: Your done!

TheAmazingGuy, Jan 21, 2016
  9. cereberus Win User
    OPs main issue is he has a mismatched version of windows 10 to his 7 key.

Telephone activation might be necessary if he reinstalls Windows 7 to upgrade instead of clean installing, but thsat is normally only needed if he has reinstalled it several times on same pc.

cereberus, Jan 21, 2016
  10. Telephone activation could work.

TheAmazingGuy, Jan 21, 2016
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Not if the key does not match the version he installed.

Ztruker, Jan 21, 2016
  12. cereberus Win User
    Agreed.

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 clean install no key!

1. Windows 10 clean install no key! - Similar Threads - clean install key

2. Clean install Windows 11 with Windows 10 key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean install Windows 11 with Windows 10 key: Hello,I just got a brand new PC after my old one running Windows 10 stopped working. This new one is compatible with Windows 11 so I installed a clean version of it straight away, but was unable to activate it. It was my understanding that, at least for now, you can use your...
  3. Clean install Windows 11 with Windows 10 key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean install Windows 11 with Windows 10 key: Hello,I just got a brand new PC after my old one running Windows 10 stopped working. This new one is compatible with Windows 11 so I installed a clean version of it straight away, but was unable to activate it. It was my understanding that, at least for now, you can use your...
  4. Windows 10 Pro key not accepted after clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro key not accepted after clean install: I was forced to do a clean install of the OS after a recent Windows update caused the system to crash repeatedly. I used Microsoft's media creation tool to create a USB installation drive. The install did not recognize that the system had been running Windows 10 Pro and...
  5. Activating Windows 10 on a clean install with the existing key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 on a clean install with the existing key.: Hi, I'm planning to upgrade my laptop's hard drive to SSD. My laptop came with a pre-installed version of Windows 10 Home. My doubt is whether I can activate the clean install copy with the existing product key and continue using windows on my PC. Please give me detailed...
  6. Clean install with old Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install with old Key: So I'm helping my buddy build a computer since his bricked and wont boot. I have a windows 10 flash drive to help him install the OS. The only key he has though, is the windows 8 key on the sticker on his tower from when he bought his computer back in 2014 then upgraded to...
  7. Clean install of Windows 10 - Product Key wont work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install of Windows 10 - Product Key wont work: Hello, I recently built a new PC. My previous version of Windows 10 was installed on my old sata hdd. I upgraded to a new SSD hd and upgraded my motherboard. I ran the install of windows 10 onto my new SSD hd and reformatted my old sata for backup files. When I entered my...
  8. Clean install with existing key

Clean install with existing key: I have my Windows 10 Pro since it was available. It was upgrade from Windows 8.1 pro. I want to do clean install in a few days/weeks with the same key. 2 reasons for this: 1. I cannot pass the November update (10586) - I have tried all tips available (even MS rep spent 6+...
  9. Product Key on Clean Install

Product Key on Clean Install: After I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, I did a clean install. Seems like everything is fine, except I had to enter the Product Key to finish the installation. The clean install is activated. I understood from what I have been reading here that once I did the free...
  10. Clean Install Windows 10 - CD Key

Clean Install Windows 10 - CD Key: Hi all - I upgraded my pc last year when the upgrade was free but I need to do a clean install as my kids have totally pooched my system with malware & viruses... those have been cleaned off/out but it's still running real slow. My concern is I don't have a CD key as it was...