Windows 10: Windows 10 clean install on Domain always asks for User/Password

Discus and support Windows 10 clean install on Domain always asks for User/Password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, If I upgrade a Windows 7 Pro desktop to Windows 10 Pro, then I do not have any issues. However if I do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro, and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by stoli, Nov 14, 2015.

1. stoli Win User

Windows 10 clean install on Domain always asks for User/Password

Hello,
    If I upgrade a Windows 7 Pro desktop to Windows 10 Pro, then I do not have any issues.
    However if I do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro, and create the password for the administrative account.
    After getting it all setup, I add it to the domain on the network. I can log in with the login info from the Active Directory Server. Now the problem I run into, is say if I want to even change a file name, it asks for the Administrative username and password, at which point I have to enter Computername\User for the username then Password when the pop up happens.
    Is there a way I can remove that?
    It doesn't seem to do that on any Windows 7 pro to Win 10 Pro upgrades though. And I have several more machines to do clean installs.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this, I would appreciate any help, thank you.

:)

stoli, Nov 14, 2015

2. User account snap-in not working after upgrade to Win10 Pro

I bought licence key to install Win10 Pro. Installation proceed without error. Now after update I am not able to log in into domain. I am able to add computer in to domain with my user name and password, but login
    is problem (there is always error message "Wrong name or password") I tried to open user management console and there is only error message "This snap-in module can not be used with this version of Windows 10. If you want to manage user accounts for this computer,
    use control panel User accounts". I bought this upgrade, because I need to use it in my work domain. How this problem could be solved?

MiroslavRůžovský, Nov 14, 2015
  3. skim33 Win User
    User Account Control displays administrator names

Hello all,

I am trying to setup Windows 10 Professional to prompt non-admin accounts for an admin user name and password. So far the UAC displays the domain\admin-user name and asks to enter the password. Is there a way to make the user type in the both the user
    name and password?

Thanks!

skim33, Nov 14, 2015
  4. Windows 10 clean install on Domain always asks for User/Password

Hey there,

Is the computer in the AD Users and Computers? This could cause problems if that's the case. I had a similar issue, and the issue was that it wasn't in there.

Best of luck.

Michaelvas17, Nov 15, 2015
  5. stoli Win User
    I don't think the computer name is set in the AD Users and Computers, I will have to check the server tomorrow when I get there.
    I know the user name is set in the AD Users.

stoli, Nov 15, 2015
  6. Definitely check. If it isn't listed there, it will not properly download user profiles.

Michaelvas17, Nov 15, 2015
  7. stoli Win User
    So I just checked Windows 2008 Server, and the User is listed there, however the computer name is not.
    But none of the other computers are listed for Users whom had Windows 7 Pro and upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.
    Yet the Windows 7 Pro who upgraded had no problems with Windows 10 Pro.
    But the 3 computers I did a fresh clean install of Windows 10 Pro on, had issues and always prompting for admin username/password whenever a change is made to file or anything on the local machine when they are logged in with there domain user/pass

I also came across this for UAC, Disable UAC for Windows Servers through Group Policy - TechRepublic
    I don't quite understand, do I have to do that on the desktop of the client machine or on the Windows 2008 Server?

stoli, Nov 15, 2015
  8. stoli Win User

Finally got it figured out,.
    User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode (set to Elevate without prompting)

User Account Control: Detect application installations and prompt for elevation (set to Disabled)

User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode (set to Disabled)

User Account Control: Only elevate UIAccess applications that are installed in secure locations (set to Disabled)

Rebooted, and got it all working properly.

stoli, Nov 16, 2015
  9. chezzrob Win User
    is the above in the windows 10 pro or in the server software. I cannot find this in windows 10, can you help please stosi?

chezzrob, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 clean install on Domain always asks for User/Password - Similar Threads - clean install Domain

2. Clean install of windows asks for password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean install of windows asks for password: I have just done a clean reinstall of Windows 10 on 2 different computers Full local install and clean the drives. One works as expected, but the other Has a user logon screen Username "X" I have never used that UN and is looking for a password which isn't Password, password,...
  3. Clean install of windows asks for password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean install of windows asks for password: I have just done a clean reinstall of Windows 10 on 2 different computers Full local install and clean the drives. One works as expected, but the other Has a user logon screen Username "X" I have never used that UN and is looking for a password which isn't Password, password,...
  4. Clean install of windows asks for password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. ALWAYS asks for username and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALWAYS asks for username and password: I have installed Windows 11 fresh. I turned on SMB V1 in programs and features and to some degree see shares, but not normally. If I try to access the c$ it prompts me for a username and password. Even if I turn off the firewall and Defender, it will still ask me for a...
  6. ALWAYS asks for username and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ALWAYS asks for username and password: I have installed Windows 11 fresh. I turned on SMB V1 in programs and features and to some degree see shares, but not normally. If I try to access the c$ it prompts me for a username and password. Even if I turn off the firewall and Defender, it will still ask me for a...
  7. Windows 10 always asks for password after sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 always asks for password after sleep.: Has anyone figured out how to prevent Windows 10 from requiring a new login after sleep mode? BTW...I don't mind a new sign-in after power restart...that's a good security measure. But why do I need to constantly sign-in on a protected computer that I walked away from for...
  8. Domain User Profiles always "in use" or loaded

in Windows 10 Support
    Domain User Profiles always "in use" or loaded: There was a time where the profiles were not "in use" or loaded unless the user was actually logged into the machine, however, I've noticed recently that all profiles are always loaded and their profiles cannot be deleted unless I delete a key in the registry. Example:...
  9. always ask password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    always ask password: please tell me what to do in order to disable the password from sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/always-ask-password/f5a78340-5969-4209-bb88-930f57e9aaed"
  10. Outlook always asks for a password...

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook always asks for a password...: hi guys, i know this problem exists for years already, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013. I tried everything, like deleting the credential in Credential Manager. Recreating the user account does not help, tried that, problem comes back. So this must have...