Windows 10: Windows 10 clean install problem re: Edition

Discus and support Windows 10 clean install problem re: Edition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After reading various articles I decided to do a clean install of Windows 10 as opposed to an upgrade. I went to Windows and downloaded and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by emphasis, Jul 12, 2016.

1. emphasis Win User

Windows 10 clean install problem re: Edition

After reading various articles I decided to do a clean install of Windows 10 as opposed to an upgrade.

I went to Windows and downloaded and installed Media Creation Tool. No problem with either but when I ran the program it showed
    a space to select what edition of Windows 10 I wanted to install.

I have Windows 7 professional installed with a license number but the media creation tool only gave me the option of Windows 10.

Please advise.

Jerry

:)

emphasis, Jul 12, 2016

2. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** 10 CLEAN INSTALL PROBLEM RE: EDITION

Windows 10 Home and Windows Pro are in that single option called 'Windows 10'

Click in the Edition list box then choose your edition then click
    Next.

• Windows 10 - contains both Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro editions.
    • Windows 10 N - only select this edition if you reside in
      Europe, it does not contain Windows Media Player. It contains Windows 10 Home N and Windows 10 Pro N.
    Please read the following: Fix
    Windows 10 Media Creation Tool from Defaulting to Home Instead of Pro

WARNING: If you are running
    Windows 8.1 with Bing edition, please use the Microsoft TechBench website to download
    Windows 10 SL, see instructions further down in this article.

Windows 10 clean install problem re: Edition [​IMG]

Learn more:
    How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Andre Da Costa, Jul 12, 2016
  3. ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 12, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 10 includes both Home and Pro versions. When you start the install, select "I don't have a product key" and the next choice will be if you want to install Home or Pro.

NavyLCDR, Jul 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 clean install problem re: Edition - Similar Threads - clean install problem

2. Windows 10 Drive clean and re-install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Drive clean and re-install: Hi all, I started a complete drive clean of my system that has 2 SSDs and 2 HHDs varying in capacity from 500gb to 4tb. Along with a complete reinstall of Windows 10.I started this at 3pm GMT and it is now coming up to 8:30pm GMT. My question is how much long will this take?...
  3. clean re-install windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clean re-install windows 10: Can anyone advise me where to find online an easy to understand, step by step guide to lead me through a re-install of Windows 10. Will it affect the version I have, which File, Apps, Features, Programs will be lost plus what I should do before the re-install?I'm a PC Dummy...
  4. clean re-install windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clean re-install windows 10: Can anyone advise me where to find online an easy to understand, step by step guide to lead me through a re-install of Windows 10. Will it affect the version I have, which File, Apps, Features, Programs will be lost plus what I should do before the re-install?I'm a PC Dummy...
  5. clean re-install windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Clean Re-installing Windows 10

Clean Re-installing Windows 10: Hello people, can some one explain to me how I do a clean install of Windows 10. By clean I mean delete all files clean install, like was possible with Windows 7. Re-install the software from scratch and then start with a completely clean set-up. Windows Version Number -...
  7. Clean Re-installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean Re-installing Windows 10: Hello people, can some one explain to me how I do a clean install of Windows 10. By clean I mean delete all files clean install, like was possible with Windows 7. Re-install the software from scratch and then start with a completely clean set-up. Windows Version Number -...
  8. Clean Re-Install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean Re-Install: We are updating our computers and wish to sell the old one. Before we sell them I want to use UBCD to completely overwrite the hard drive to destroy all information. How do I then re-install windows 10 without a CD?...
  9. Clean Re-Install Windows 10 Professional

Clean Re-Install Windows 10 Professional: I have Windows 10 Professional installed and would like to erase the installation and start over due to some file problems. How do I get a fresh copy of Windows 10 and activate it?...
  10. Clean Re installation of windows 10

Clean Re installation of windows 10: I want to delete all user accounts created till now , and need to re install the windows 10 in my pc. Please help me with this ,so that I can proceed safely . And I have some doubts regarding this- Will the activation be void if I do this ? Will I get all the latest...