Windows 10: Windows 10 Clean Install Problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Clean Install Problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok I secure erased my SSD with Parted magic as I have done numerous times before. I am using a newly downloaded ISO on a USB stick by using RUFUS. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Conners, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Conners Win User

Windows 10 Clean Install Problem

Ok I secure erased my SSD with Parted magic as I have done numerous times before. I am using a newly downloaded ISO on a USB stick by using RUFUS. I can get to the point to where I want to repair my computer to use a dos prompt to clean, create and format the partition. I try to click on Troubleshoot icon but nothing happens. I try the Turn off your PC, nothing happens. The mouse works fin up to this point and are able to move it around the screen. I just can't get it to enter the icon I select.

Thanks in advance!
    Windows 10 Clean Install Problem [​IMG]

:)

Conners, Feb 26, 2016

2. Windows 10 Clean Install Problem

My computer is a Dell Insperon 3537 with a Core i3 processor and 16gb of ram. It originally had Windows 8, but i upgraded to 10. It is 2 years old with a 1 year old 1tb WD Blue harddrive. If you need any more info, let me know.

EthanPeavey, Feb 26, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Clean Install Problem

Should take not longer than 45 mins to 1 hr or 2 hours under extreme cases.

Another thing you can try doing is removing the battery from your laptop then run setup again.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 26, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

If you secure erased the HD there is no Command Prompt to get to. I believe (may be wrong) that to use Command Prompt there has to be an installed Windows on the drive. Doesn't have to be working or bootable but needs to be there.

Why not just proceed with the install. Don't allocate any partitions, let the Windows installer create what it needs during the install process.

Ztruker, Feb 26, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    +1!

NavyLCDR, Feb 26, 2016
  6. Conners Win User
    Thanks for the replies u 2

I tried that also but it did the same thing @ the screen to input your activation code. I could not select skip. It's weird JFF id did a ctrl alt delete and the dang thing let me select skip. It's now installed but my mouse for some reason wouldn't work to select various setup things had to use tab and enter LOL. Not sure what's going on the as I never had that problem before.

As for the other thing to get to the command prompt, if I am not totally mistaken, you can do a command prompt from trouble shoot screen icon. I use it to avoid the 200 mb partition of win ten. like such...As used from Eric @ Tweak Hound. although it's for win 7 it works for win 8 & 10.

Windows 7 Installation Advanced Drive Formatting
    1 – Boot up from the Windows 7 installation disc.
    2 – Choose Repair your computer.
    3 – In the System Recovery Options screen, choose Use recovery tools… and click Next.
    4 – Open the Command Prompt.
    5 – Type diskpart and hit Enter.
    6 – Type list disk . Find the disk you wish to install Windows 7 on. If you only have one disk then it will show as disk 0. If you have multiple disks find the drive you wish to install 7 on.
    7 – Type select disk 0 (or use the number of the disk you wish to install Windows 7 on)(note – that is a zero)
    8 – Type list partition. There shouldn’t be any.
    9 – Type create partition primary.
    10- Type select partition 1.
    11- Type active.
    12- Type format quick.
    13- When finished reboot and begin your installation.

Conners, Feb 26, 2016
  7. cereberus Win User
    Press shift+f10 when booting from usb drive (at first screen) created by media creation tool, and you jump to a command prompt. HDD can be blank. Not needed here as you say, but handy sometimes e.g. if you cannot boot and you want to copy some files to a usb drive.

cereberus, Feb 27, 2016
  8. Windows 10 Clean Install Problem

Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First - Windows 10 Forums

I have used this tutorial and its a smooth operation "heres how" steps to no6 and you have the copy of the "GenuineTicket.xml to a usb stick or external drive then format the drive and start the win10 install the ISO file burnt as an image to make the disk bootable.then you can open it and copy off the necessary file in "Heres How" in step4. When done the install then its follow the steps 7to12

johnebadbak, Feb 28, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Is the mouse connected to a USB 3.0 (blue) port? If it is, try connecting it to a USB 2.0 (black) port instead. Older USB 3.0 ports did not have native motherboard support and would not work until Windows loaded a driver for them.

NavyLCDR, Feb 28, 2016
  10. Conners Win User
    Thanks for the replies to all... Apparently my Corsair M655 RGB mouse has a problem some where either in the software or with the right click. I have used this mouse numerous time before using the same procedure, so I know it once worked.

Bad as I hated to using on old Dell USB mouse I ran the same procedure, clean erased drive, booted up from usb stick, chose to repair computer, trouble shoot your computer, chose command prompt ran the above listed commands, rebooted and installed windows.

I had already upgraded this computer and cone a clean install in the past. I was doing another clean install.

But now I can access my Docs folder (on separate drive) but when I open and try to save a text file it says access is denied. WTF LOL never had that problem before.

Again thanks for all of your replies.

Conners, Feb 28, 2016
  11. essenbe Win User
    Try going to your other drive and using properties, change permissions giving everyone full access. You sometimes have to do that for each folder, other times not.

essenbe, Feb 28, 2016
  12. Conners Win User
    Thanks for the reply, but not sure what you mean here. I know it sounds simple...LOL

Conners, Feb 29, 2016
  13. essenbe Win User

essenbe, Feb 29, 2016
  14. Conners Win User
    I agree and will do... Thanks for your help!

I am no good on these types of issues..

Conners, Feb 29, 2016
  15. Conners Win User
    Ok I tried all the suggestions in the thread to no avail. Nothing would work... Finally I just wiped the drive, reformatted and copied a backup of my folders on e drive and all's good now. I however have no Idea of what the permission was. To advanced for my knowledge.

Again thanks for all the replies!!!

Conners, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Clean Install Problem - Similar Threads - Clean Install Problem

2. Problems with a clean Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with a clean Windows installation: I have a few problems with reseting my pc.Windows setting:When i try to reset my pc in the settings of Windows it gives me the error message: no recovery partition found. I tried fixing it but nothing seems to work. in videos they say i need to enable reagentc. The problem is...
  3. Problems with a clean Windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with a clean Windows installation: I have a few problems with reseting my pc.Windows setting:When i try to reset my pc in the settings of Windows it gives me the error message: no recovery partition found. I tried fixing it but nothing seems to work. in videos they say i need to enable reagentc. The problem is...
  4. Problems with clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with clean install of windows 10: I have recently erased all of the data off of my drives erased, not deleted and reinstalled windows 10. When it first installs it appears to be fine, except that all of my apps are installed as their 32-bit versions. When I check my OS version, it says 64-bit. Also when I try...
  5. Problems with clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with clean install of windows 10: I have recently erased all of the data off of my drives erased, not deleted and reinstalled windows 10. When it first installs it appears to be fine, except that all of my apps are installed as their 32-bit versions. When I check my OS version, it says 64-bit. Also when I try...
  6. Problems with clean install of windows 10

7. Windows Clean Installation Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Clean Installation Problems: Ok... I have an old Asus T100taf and i just did a clean install of windows 10 x32 from usb, and apparently some things are not working. For one, there is no sound, and the troubleshooter does not help. Second, the battery logo on the bottom is nowhere to be found, and if I go...
  8. windows 10 clean install problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 clean install problem: Hi, I tried doing a windows clean install on a hp envyt x360 but, i had the intel rapid storage drive problem you have to download the driver and extract it on your windows installation key then load the driver... I managed to install windows but whenever i try to boot up...
  9. windows 10 clean install problem

windows 10 clean install problem: Hi, I tried doing a windows clean install on a hp envyt x360 but, i had the intel rapid storage drive problem you have to download the driver and extract it on your windows installation key then load the driver... I managed to install windows but whenever i try to boot up...
  10. windows 10 clean install problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging