Windows 10: Windows 10 clean install question (part 2)

Discus and support Windows 10 clean install question (part 2) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi folks, A few weeks ago I asked whether now that I have upgraded to Windows 10 whether I could perform a clean install after the July 29 deadline... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by templar, May 24, 2016.

1. templar Win User

Windows 10 clean install question (part 2)

Hi folks,

A few weeks ago I asked whether now that I have upgraded to Windows 10 whether I could perform a clean install after the July 29 deadline and was answered in the affirmative.

Foolishly though, I forgot to ask, how? Can I clean install via Windows Store or can it be done through the bootable USB flash drive, and should I download the bootable ISO back onto my USB drive for safekeeping?

:)

templar, May 24, 2016
  2. Le Boule Win User

2 part question...kindof .

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-whatsnew

You probably should have uninstalled Vipre and then reinstalled it after the upgrade. Suggest contact Vipre Support.

Upgrading to Windows 10 while running older versions of VIPRE? : Support

Upgrading to Windows 10? : Support

If you want to return to your previous OS see the following:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

How to Uninstall Windows 10 and Downgrade to Windows 7 or 8.1

Le Boule, May 24, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Hard drive 2 part question

What part of Windows are you thinking of?

- Windows Explorer

- The Disk Manager

If it is the latter then please use snippingtool.exe to create a snapshot of the panel. Now save the file and attach it to your reply.

Frederik Long, May 24, 2016
  4. Kyhi Win User

Now that you have upgraded...
    You can download Newest ISO and clean Install at any time..

5. templar Win User
    Hi Kyhi, thanks for the reply. Have you a link to the newest Iso?

templar, May 24, 2016
  6. Kyhi Win User
  7. templar Win User
    templar, May 24, 2016
  8. Kyhi Win User

Not sure I understand the question....

the difference is in the ISO...
    TechBench uses an install.wim ( slightly larger file and longer download )
    The install.wim is the preferred choice for PC repair techs..

MCT uses an install.esd which is a highly compressed version of the install.wim ( smaller file and faster download )

with both the final results are the same...

Just one is preferred and easier to work with..

9. templar Win User
    I just meant what are the differences between the two but thankyou for the clarification. *Thumbs

templar, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 clean install question (part 2) - Similar Threads - clean install question

2. 2 part question on BSD's and system shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 part question on BSD's and system shutdown: I have had random BSD since building my new system - I narrowed it down to volmgr problem, removed my second m.2 drive and they stopped. Why?them when playing DCS in VR the system just shut down and would not boot up until I turned the PSU off and on. Can someone explain...
  3. Upgrading to an M.2 SSD, question about clean installation of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading to an M.2 SSD, question about clean installation of Windows 10: Upgrading to new SSD and wanting to do a fresh install of Windows 10 on it. My activation is a digital license. This is how it will go, please correct me if I'm wrong: Physically install SSD Boot computer to USB with Windows 10 install Install Windows 10 on new SSD Change...
  4. 2 part question regarding 2004 and search

in Windows 10 Support
    2 part question regarding 2004 and search: I know MS broke the search feature in Windows Explorer, but I upgraded anyway, thought I could live with it. Now when I search I get this 'banner': [img] When I Click to turn on the index..., I get this: [img] Click this and I get this: [img] Click Turn on index and...
  5. Clean Install Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install Question: Hi All Do i just stick in a Ei.cfg or a PID into my flash drive sources folder prior to a clean install of 1809 or 1903 in the future? i know if i do a system clean install of 1809, then later upgrade to 1903, then i'll avoid i think the Reserved storage coming with it....
  6. Clean install question

Clean install question: About to do a clean install on a PC that has 10 on it and activated. It was a windows 7 machine that had the free 10 offer installed. Will it activate when the clean install is complete? I thought the key was embedded but not sure. When I get to where to install it, can I...
  7. Clean Install Question

Clean Install Question: I have a slight twist on the clean install question. Could not find a clear answer on the forum or the internets. Win 7 pro computer (homebuilt) 1. Get current win 7 installation up to date and cleaned up. 2. Remove Win 7 OS SSD 3. Put in clean formatted SSD 4. Clean...
  8. Clean Install Question

Clean Install Question: I read that a clean install rebuilds partitions and makes a recovery partition. My question is does it allow you to pick the size of the partition that Windows 10 is installed to ? I have a 1 terabyte drive but like to install in a 100gig partition. I think I will...
  9. Clean install question

Clean install question: I am about to do a clean install windows 10. The hard drive has 3 partitions and all on it is wacked. Should I pull the drive and make a single partition or will the install do it? 100595
  10. Clean install question.

Clean install question.: It's been stated that after upgrading to Windows 10 from 7 or 8 you will be able to do a clean install of Windows 10. Does anyone know yet how this will happen? Will Microsoft provide a link to download the .iso or will it be a case of converting the esd to iso. I've...