Windows 10: Windows 10 Clean install: There was a problem while resetting your PC

Discus and support Windows 10 Clean install: There was a problem while resetting your PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I've been having some troubles with my laptop recently. I seems that my home WIFI router has been hacked and now I've some serious trouble.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DVanAcker, Feb 1, 2016.

1. DVanAcker Win User

Windows 10 Clean install: There was a problem while resetting your PC

Hi there,
    I've been having some troubles with my laptop recently. I seems that my home WIFI router has been hacked and now I've some serious trouble.
    I tried to do a system restore, but that failed with the message "there was a problem resetting your pc no changes were made".
    Now I created a recovery disc (I found no large enough USB stick) and I booted from the disc in order to do a clean install.
    However, I get this light blue screen (approx. halfway the process) that says "There was a problem while resetting your PC" and I only get the option "Cancel".
    So it turns out this does not work also. Big trouble... ?
    Any idea how I can reset my pc?
    Thanks in advance,
    David

:)

DVanAcker, Feb 1, 2016
  2. Silentcer Win User

"There was a problem resetting your PC. There were no changes made."

Hi,

Today, I decided to reset my laptop. However, when i tried to reset it, there was an error saying, "There was a problem resetting your PC. There were no changes made.". Now, numerous apps cannot work anymore and kept crashing. Examples are Microsoft Edge,
    Store, Roblox ect. The Windows and Notification button cannot work too. I cannot search anything in the Search Box too. Yes, recently, I had Microleaves virus. Now, I have gotten rid of it. The thing that I'm worrying about is that I couldn't reset my PC and
    couldn't open numerous apps. Please help me as soon as possible.

Note: I'm not that old yet and doesn't know much about tech. I couldn't try the WinRE method as I don't have any CDs or anything.

Thanks.

Silentcer, Feb 1, 2016
  3. "There was a problem resetting your PC. There were no changes made."

Hi,

Since you have indicated that you are not much familiar with technical stuff and you would need to reset your computer, the best option you can do on your end is to contact your device manufacturer for better assistance in regards to the resetting of your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Jarius Tol, Feb 1, 2016
  4. Word Man Win User

Welcome to TenForums DVanAcker.

For truly clean install, you would delete ALL partitions during the setup of the install. Did you select Custom Installation and delete all partitions? Not that you necessarily need to, but did you have a look at Brink's tutorial on clean install? It's here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

Word Man, Feb 1, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Clean install: There was a problem while resetting your PC - Similar Threads - Clean install was

2. there was a problem resetting your pc windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there was a problem resetting your pc windows 10: So my pc is getting problem, some apps cant run it says: The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000003eThen I want to reset this pc but it says: there was a problem resetting your pc windows 10.I try to sfc /scannow but it says: Windows Resource Protection found...
  3. there was a problem resetting your pc windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there was a problem resetting your pc windows 10: So my pc is getting problem, some apps cant run it says: The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000003eThen I want to reset this pc but it says: there was a problem resetting your pc windows 10.I try to sfc /scannow but it says: Windows Resource Protection found...
  4. there was a problem resetting your pc windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Your pc ran into problem while installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your pc ran into problem while installing windows 10: I kept getting error "Your pc ran into problem what failed atikmdag.sys service exception not handled" I was getting these driver issue from a while and I fixed it but after sometime my laptop got a startup loop that was annoying and I kept getting the error so I reset my pc...
  6. Your pc ran into problem while installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your pc ran into problem while installing windows 10: I kept getting error "Your pc ran into problem what failed atikmdag.sys service exception not handled" I was getting these driver issue from a while and I fixed it but after sometime my laptop got a startup loop that was annoying and I kept getting the error so I reset my pc...
  7. Your pc ran into problem while installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Error -"There was a problem while resetting your PC" during Windows 10 reset

Error -"There was a problem while resetting your PC" during Windows 10 reset: I have an HP Laptop and I am trying to reset my Windows 10 .The procedure goes on fine at starting but once it reaches to 58% it just goes and boots back to my original Windows 10 and shows me-"There was a problem while resetting your PC".It does not do anything but each time...
  9. problem resetting windows 10. it shows "THERE WAS A PROBLEM RESETTING YOUR PC"

problem resetting windows 10. it shows "THERE WAS A PROBLEM RESETTING YOUR PC": I tried resetting windows 10 using the reset option in settings. But the resetting process gets aborted before it ends and it shows : "THERE WAS A PROBLEM RESETTING YOUR PC no changes were made"...
  10. There was a problem while resetting your PC

There was a problem while resetting your PC: So over the recent months I've been running into problems with W10 updates and I've found out that a lot of people fixed them by resetting their PCs. Today I've gathered up the courage to do this myself. I've made a back up Recovery image, created a restore point and went on....