Windows 10: Windows 10 clean installation, weird username I did not create

Discus and support Windows 10 clean installation, weird username I did not create in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've done a clean installation of my PC, Windows 10 (using the DVD). Now I have four users, one is a hidden one apparently (because only shows up when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Raysol, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Raysol Win User

Windows 10 clean installation, weird username I did not create

I've done a clean installation of my PC, Windows 10 (using the DVD). Now I have four users, one is a hidden one apparently (because only shows up when I say to show hidden folders), the second is the one I was asked to create during the installation process, third is public, and fourth is the strange one I am asking about:

-(hidden) Default
    -RayG
    -Public
    -defaultuser0

There were no problems during installation, it took like 20 minutes for the basic installation, I entered the language and keyboard, chose home edition of W10, said I don't have product key, chose custom install (not upgrade), and when it asked me where to install, I started to delete all the partitions till the last one which I could not delete and it sort of looked like this:

Windows 10 Help Forums

The rest went as planned, including when I was asked to create an account with password. In device manager I see no question marks so I guess it already downloaded all the drivers it needed. I'm not sure what the issue is. Thanks for your help.

:)

Raysol, Feb 26, 2017
  2. fxconsle Win User

Deleted account is automatically trying to be signed in instead of "Default Account"

I recently got my sister's old laptop and it was EXTREMELY slow, so I decided to reset the computer and wipe the computer as clean as possible to combat the speed problem. I have since did that and deleted the first account on this computer, which created
    a very weird problem. Whenever the computer is booted up or restarted, the computer automatically tries to log into the account that I have already since deleted. Instead of the normal Microsoft account interface, I'm prompted with a username and password
    interface to which the deleted account's username is used. The odd thing is once I signed into the "Default Account" and sign out, the interface disappears, only to reappear on restarts and startups. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

fxconsle, Feb 26, 2017
  3. Sleep settings are ignored, defaults to 2 minutes.

Pretty weird I have a apc battery backup and no issues like you have/ had :/

Did you clean install win-10 or are you still on the upgrade install ?

ThrashZone, Feb 26, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Defaultuser0 is a system account Windows 10 is using in setup phase. You can see this yourself next time you will do a clean install: when Windows installation after last restart arrives to account creation screen, press SHIFT + F10 to open a Command Prompt and jump to current user's profile folder with command cd %userprofile%:

Windows 10 clean installation, weird username I did not create [​IMG]

(Click to enlarge.)
    You can see that the above command takes you to defaultuser0 folder, meaning that you are signed in to Windows using this system user profile until you create your initial user account and sign in with it instead. As the profile / account will not be needed after Windows and its initial admin user profile have been fully set up, it will disappear / be removed automatically after a few restarts in a day or two. If it bothers you it is totally safe to delete defaultuser0 profile folder manually.

No worries, no issues.

The hidden user profile Default is the base profile used for all new user profiles. When you create a new user account its desktop, Start and other settings are copied from Default user profile. It is a very important system profile folder and should not be removed. Keep it hidden.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 clean installation, weird username I did not create - Similar Threads - clean installation weird

2. did a clean install of win 10 on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    did a clean install of win 10 on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean"...: did a clean install of win 10 with win 10 installation disk on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean" install is using 3 quarters of the ssd. trying to find a way to format said ssd without success. Is there a utility out there that can override window's...
  3. did a clean install of win 10 on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    did a clean install of win 10 on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean"...: did a clean install of win 10 with win 10 installation disk on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean" install is using 3 quarters of the ssd. trying to find a way to format said ssd without success. Is there a utility out there that can override window's...
  4. did a clean install of win 10 on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean"...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. So I just did a clean installation of Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I just did a clean installation of Windows 11.: So I just did a clean installation of Windows 11. After installing all available updates, I ran a dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth, and it says it found component corruption and is repairable. Why is it saying this when I just did a clean installation? I found this in...
  6. So I just did a clean installation of Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So I just did a clean installation of Windows 11.: So I just did a clean installation of Windows 11. After installing all available updates, I ran a dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth, and it says it found component corruption and is repairable. Why is it saying this when I just did a clean installation? I found this in...
  7. Windows 10 Clean install no username or password

Windows 10 Clean install no username or password: selling on my laptop so did a clean install. However it wants a username and password; useless as I don't want my username or passwords used sojyst want to leave blank. How do I get past this stage; I get error message "something went wrong" if I try "everyone" and...
  8. Creating a clean windows 10/1903 install

Creating a clean windows 10/1903 install: Hello Since I'm having troble re-installing Microsoft FSX I would like to create a clean Windows 10 latest version 1903 and put that on a separate disk or partition so I can install FSX there and alternately boot from that disk when I want to use FSX. I've downloaded and...
  9. Just did a clean install of Windows 10....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Just did a clean install of Windows 10....: Hey guys, I have a 128gb SSD that I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro on and now my second hard drive my 2TB drive is not giving me permissions to move or view any of my files on this hard drive. Is there a quick and easy way to give my computer access to these files...
  10. Did I really clean install?

Did I really clean install?: Hi, I just noticed I may have not perform a real clean installation: I created a bootable USB stick using Rufus, which wasn't detected by my BIOS, so inside Windows I simply plugged the USB stick, double-clicked on the drive under "This PC" and clicked on setup.exe that...