Windows 10: Windows 10 Clock ticking on upgrade MS warns Creators Update users

Discus and support Windows 10 Clock ticking on upgrade MS warns Creators Update users in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; https://www.zdnet.com/article/window...57420880092044 "Although the default position of Microsoft is to push Windows 10 out as fast as possible, in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by phaedruspress, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Clock ticking on upgrade MS warns Creators Update users

https://www.zdnet.com/article/window...57420880092044

"Although the default position of Microsoft is to push Windows 10 out as fast as possible, in 1703 there was an option to avoid the update by stating that your connection was metered and it would not install."

"The latest update message, spotted by Windows Latest, tells all users not on the latest version of Windows 10 that they're running an outdated version and then sends them to a Microsoft page that promotes the latest security built-in enhancements to Windows 10.But the message is intended solely for users on version 1709: "Your device is running an older version of Windows 10. To continue to receive security updates and enjoy the latest features Windows 10 has to offer, you need to update your device to a newer version of Windows 10," Microsoft says."

Bite me. Despite all my "novice" precautions MS updated me to 1709 last March:

What Fresh Hell Is This Re: MS Version 1709??

:)

phaedruspress, Jul 31, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

Windows 10 Clock ticking on upgrade MS warns Creators Update users pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Jul 31, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Clock ticking on upgrade MS warns Creators Update users

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Clock ticking on upgrade MS warns Creators Update users

1. Windows 10 Clock ticking on upgrade MS warns Creators Update users - Similar Threads - Clock ticking upgrade

2. the clock keeps ticking!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the clock keeps ticking!!: It doesn't happen every time, but once in a while, when I haven't finish solving one of the games but have to leave, the clock on that game keeps ticking. This happens after I've even turned my computer off!! I left yesterday with a little more than an hour on my time, and...
  3. Upgrade or Clean Install Windows 10 Fall creators update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade or Clean Install Windows 10 Fall creators update: Hallo, my name is mochaffff. I want to ask about upgrading from windows 10 home to windows fall creators update, so my laptop acer swift 3 i7 is preloaded with w10 home, and i want to upgrade it to w10 fall creators update, but im confused how do upgrade it bcs i dont want...
  4. Windows 10 Clock ticking on upgrade MS warns Creators Update users

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Clock ticking on upgrade MS warns Creators Update users: https://www.zdnet.com/article/window...57420880092044 "Although the default position of Microsoft is to push Windows 10 out as fast as possible, in 1703 there was an option to avoid the update by stating that your connection was metered and it would not install." ... "The...
  5. Wifi issue after upgrading to windows 10 Creators Update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi issue after upgrading to windows 10 Creators Update.: Hello everyone. I'm facing a problem that I've tried to solve by google searches and I have not got it so far. The problem is in my wifi connection. Sometimes I turn on my laptop and I'm already connected, sometimes I see the name of my home network but it tells me that it...
  6. Any Windows 10 Creators Update users out there?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Any Windows 10 Creators Update users out there?: I think there may be a serious bug with it and if anyone else can confirm it, that would be great. My monitor has multiple refresh rates 60,100,120,144hz. Sometimes I use a custom refresh rate of 80hz for certain games that I set in Nvidia Control Panel. However, none of my...
  7. Windows 10 creator update. Anything for basic users ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 creator update. Anything for basic users ?: I got the Creators update for my Win 10 home edition laptop yesterday. Here's what I have noticed so far (In case anyone is interested.) .... I use the Windows 10 Mail application. I see now, that the icon on my start menu screen reflects the number of unread emails....
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant - Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant - Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: My computer came preinstalled with Windows 10 on it. It already had the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant on it, which bumped it up to the regular Creators Update. When the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update comes out, and I go to install it through the Upgrade Assistant, will it...
  9. Stuttering, beeping since upgrading to Windows 10 Creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuttering, beeping since upgrading to Windows 10 Creators update: Have been experiencing random stuttering whilst browsing, watching videos, vlc and occasionally playing games. A lot of people reported the issue when testing the build. Anyone else still experiencing the stutters? 100902
  10. Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released: This is a big day! Today we opened access to download the Windows 10 Creators Update and, along with it, the Creators Update SDK. And today is a great day for all Windows developers to get the SDK and start building amazing apps that take advantage of new platform...