Windows 10: Windows 10 closes some programs without error message

Discus and support Windows 10 closes some programs without error message in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello eveyrone, So, for the past 2 days my pc is displaying an unusual behaviour. Every installer that I download does not work. Some programs like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mat, Sep 4, 2015.

1. MAT
    Mat Win User

Windows 10 closes some programs without error message

Hello eveyrone,

So, for the past 2 days my pc is displaying an unusual behaviour. Every installer that I download does not work.
    Some programs like uTorrent or Dolphin or Hijackthis don't work. I have tried compatibility, I have tried running them as admin. And nothing worked.

Funny thing is, they run normally when I boot my pc in safemode. I have researched throughout the internet and I haven't found a similar problem nor solution.

EDIT: If I acess them through the cmd console, they run normally. Go figure.

:)

2. jaktMIC Win User

Media Creation Tool crashes/closes without error (trying to install windows 10)

So I downloaded the windows 10 media creation tool and chose "upgrade this pc now". It downloaded and verified, but after the "creating windows 10 media" page finishes, the program just closes/crashes. No error message appears and I don't get any notification
    as to why the program might have closed.

I tried this many times and each time this same thing happened- the program just closes without going on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jaktMIC, Sep 4, 2015
  3. Windows 10 "Anniversary" update won't let a program start

There is a program that ran just fine prior to the Anniversary 1067 update but now gives me an error message upon startup.

Error Message:

(Program Name) has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is

available.

Close program (BUTTON)

NOTE: for some reason on this icon, there is no Troubleshooting Compatability option where I could try to change how windows starts the program.

LennySilver, Sep 4, 2015
  4. Gary Win User
  5. MAT
    Mat Win User
    Hello Gary and thanks for your reply.

That did not help. It's not only a problem with installers I download, some programs I already have are not opening anymore, and when they open they close within a second. If I run them as admin, they last a little longer (2-3 secs) then close. Like I said, when opening them through cmd, they work.

I tried uninstalling one of these programs (utorrent) and not even the uninstaller is working.

6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, you mentioned that behaviour is normal in Safe Mode. Thus you could try disabling all your startups (e.g. via task manager) and seeing what happens. If your problems disappear, enable programs in small groups or whatever's appropriate until you find the culprit.

Whilst I've not seen behaviour as extreme as yours, I have seen a couple of older programs conflicting with aspects of newer Win 10 dialogues.

Put another way, did you make any particular change about 2 days ago- do you keep a record of changes made- and after that, do you have system restore points or in particular disk images to which you can revert?

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 closes some programs without error message

1. Windows 10 closes some programs without error message - Similar Threads - closes programs without

2. Closing of applications without error messages and many blue screens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Closing of applications without error messages and many blue screens.: Dear all. Two months ago. I have disassembled my pc. For cleaning issues and I have reassembled it. Everything seemed fine. I also installed Windows 11, updated my bios, etc. That's when the problems started to come out, when installing various games.I was getting a lot of...
  3. Closing of applications without error messages and many blue screens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Closing of applications without error messages and many blue screens.: Dear all. Two months ago. I have disassembled my pc. For cleaning issues and I have reassembled it. Everything seemed fine. I also installed Windows 11, updated my bios, etc. That's when the problems started to come out, when installing various games.I was getting a lot of...
  4. Closing of applications without error messages and many blue screens.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Some applications close immediately after opening without error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some applications close immediately after opening without error message: I'm on the latest Windows 11 Insiders build. Many applications close immediately after opening Settings, RDP and some open briefly and then close with error messages Teams.I have tried the solution approach suggested here. I ran sfc/scannow and files were succesfully...
  6. Some applications close immediately after opening without error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some applications close immediately after opening without error message: I'm on the latest Windows 11 Insiders build. Many applications close immediately after opening Settings, RDP and some open briefly and then close with error messages Teams.I have tried the solution approach suggested here. I ran sfc/scannow and files were succesfully...
  7. Windows 10 Setup closes without error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Setup closes without error: Hello. I want to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7. The thing is that I want to keep all my files and programs too safe, that means, no Formatting. My friend had also windows 7 and he performed the update without any problem, however I am experiencing errors every time I...
  8. Apps closing down without warning or error message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps closing down without warning or error message: Since installing the latest windows update a couple of months ago, office apps and chrome just shut down suddenly with no warning or error message. Sometimes they are fine for long periods of time and then will close several times in rapid succession. What is going on and...
  9. Certain programs closes without any errors

Certain programs closes without any errors: Hi So I'm having this extremely annoying issue in windows 10. Applications like Discord, Steam and Uplay are closing randomly without any errors, both when closing and in event viewer. I have tried doing a clean install of Windows 10 Pro and Edu 1803/1709/1703...
  10. Programs exit randomly without any error message

Programs exit randomly without any error message: I upgraded from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro and now for some reason programs like word excel and chrome will just exit by themselves. I do not recieve errors. When word or excel close if I am working on a document that I have not saved it gives me the dialog asking...