Windows 10: Windows 10 colors suddenly super vivid

Discus and support Windows 10 colors suddenly super vivid in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am no newbie to the windows world as this is my 8th build of a windows machine but my first windows 10 build. I have had Windows 10 on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sjankis630, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Windows 10 colors suddenly super vivid

Hello,
    I am no newbie to the windows world as this is my 8th build of a windows machine but my first windows 10 build. I have had Windows 10 on a laptop i bought a year ago so I am familiar with most of its "features."
    This problem is occuring on a new desktop build which previously had no issues.
    I have installed everything on this new machine with no real problems until suddenly I have noticed yesterday that all of my colors are this horrible vivid hue. It looks like all of the tvs in Best Buy - everything set to their brightest and it looks horrible.
    This occurs in all of my buttons, videos, webpages, and windows file explorer's icons are this horrible vivid color.
    it doesn't seem to be in any one hue all colors seemed turned up to their max - if this makes any sense.
    I have not installed anything inthe last 2 days and I have done the requisite virus and malware scans and nothing turns up. I have the same nvidia video drivers and everything else is the same.
    I have also tried to recalibrate my monitor through the hardware portion on the on screen display and it has done nothing.
    I have tried to return to an earlier restore point and no avail.
    It is pretty frustrating as I have been using windows since windows 95 on many machines but i have never had something like this happen on any windows system before.
    Does anyone have any idea on what could have happened? I searched on the forums but everything seems to be just about people with no color I have exactly the opposite.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you.

:)

sjankis630, Dec 29, 2016

2. Colour profile

i like vivid color profile.....i asked same question on twitter to my followers using n9 last week and response was like over 30 people loving vivid profile while around 10 using normal profile and 5 using subdued

donofworld, Dec 29, 2016
  3. Why Nokia launched E7

And btw, I have had the Samsung galaxy S with a Super amoled which probably is one of the most strongest and vivid screens out there for cell phones. The display on the E7 is probably not that vivid, but it's far better than 90% out there, no matter brand.
    It's also beats anything in sunlight.

Fender77---01, Dec 29, 2016
  4. Windows 10 colors suddenly super vivid

Welcome to the Tenforums.

As you said this is a new build is it possible that your card is bad?

Things I would do. Right click on desktop, display settings, advance display settings, scroll down and check out both color headings.

Then rRight click on desktop, Personalize, color, scroll down and make sure no high contrast settings enabled. Then check some strange Theme hasn't been introduce, couple of headings down from color.

Then reseat card, swap cable, confirm monitor okay on anther system, use another port if avaialble, boot into safe mode to use Windows basic driver.

Caledon Ken, Dec 29, 2016
  5. OK. i have checked the color settings and I don't see anything wrong. No new themes. The card is brand new and works in my second older system. (Strix GTX 1080) Also my older card from said second system produces the same results in this system which is strange. I have the latest Nvidia drivers. I will have to double check the monitor since the other card also produces the bloom/vivid colors. Thanks again.

sjankis630, Dec 30, 2016
  6. I would also check cable and if you have another PCI slot, even temporarily, try it.

Good luck.

Caledon Ken, Dec 30, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Is High Contrast accessibility setting turned on? Alt+Left Shift+Prt Scrn (print screen) will toggle it on and off.

NavyLCDR, Dec 30, 2016
  8. Kari Win User

Windows 10 colors suddenly super vivid

An old and simple trick to see if it's Windows or hardware (display): Take a screenshot showing your desktop or an application, screenshot that you think shows the vivid colours really clearly, and post it here.

If the screenshot looks normal to us, then it's a hardware issue. Screenshot captures what Windows "sees" and shows. For instance users having issues with strange lines or pixels can use this method; take a screenshot and check it on another device / display; if the problem lines and pixels are shown in screenshot even on other devices, Windows is culprit. If not, it's a faulty display.

Kari, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 colors suddenly super vivid

1. Windows 10 colors suddenly super vivid - Similar Threads - colors suddenly super

2. Mic suddenly cutting in and out, super low?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic suddenly cutting in and out, super low?: Im running asus laptop windows 11, never had mic issues until recently. Suddenly my mic got super quiet and would cut in and out. I looked through all my settings and nothing was wrong with the mic itself so i did a system restore. System restore worked, temporarily. I left...
  3. pc super slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc super slow all of a sudden: So my pc has never been top of the line and ive had lag every now and again, but recently its become so slow to the point where even if i have a single application open such as spotify, it lags. Im looking to get a new computer but im sure that wont happen soon because of the...
  4. pc super slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc super slow all of a sudden: So my pc has never been top of the line and ive had lag every now and again, but recently its become so slow to the point where even if i have a single application open such as spotify, it lags. Im looking to get a new computer but im sure that wont happen soon because of the...
  5. pc super slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Sudden and super weird freezes

Sudden and super weird freezes: I am using this PC almost every day minimum of 6 hours sometimes up to 18 hours every day.I play games, put on idle and don't do anything for hours, edit videos, do tests etc...My computer freezes only on idle, while watching videos or while just studying. Not while I play...
  7. sudden color changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    sudden color changes: Alright, for the past month or so, once every week roughly, my taskbar color, as well as the general window color has changed from my preferred dark to light on its own. By that i mean the choice given in the colors tab under the personalization menu. I don't know what is...
  8. Roblox suddenly runs super laggy

Roblox suddenly runs super laggy: Hi , been using Roblox games daily for over almost 2 years and then about a week ago, any game is ok for between 1-10 mins, then they run super slow and come to almost a stop. All web page browsing is fine unless I try after playing Roblox Laptop is 5 years old. Intel...
  9. Computer suddenly super slow?

Computer suddenly super slow?: When I start an application it takes 15 min until the application is started and after the login I have 15 min black screen, if I want to access folders it takes 5 min for each folder again, if I left or right click on anything on the screen it also loads 5 min, if I press...
  10. windows 10 - washed out colors all of the sudden

windows 10 - washed out colors all of the sudden: Hello, i didn't install, or change anything lately, but all of the sudden colors look too grey. I read windows update cause this and i didn't find any solution to this. But i didn't update lately and it is supposed to be caused the by update from june, which i have long time...