Windows 10: Windows 10 compensation?

Discus and support Windows 10 compensation? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all, first time poster here. To cut a long story short, I have an Acer Aspire 5742 laptop that has served me well, right up until i updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ScottE2, Jul 29, 2018.

1. ScottE2 Win User

Windows 10 compensation?

Hello all, first time poster here.

To cut a long story short, I have an Acer Aspire 5742 laptop that has served me well, right up until i updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Windows 10 worked for a short while, however back in February it won't boot into Windows, i just get the dreaded "Diagnosing your PC" which does eventually progress to the repair centre. I have tried absolutely everything, startup repair, system restore, safe mode, boot from media creation tool, command prompt, you name it.

Is Microsoft actually planning on compensation? Because this is completely unacceptable! My only hope is a fresh install which means losing all my stored files and photographs. As a loyal Xbox customer, I'm disgusted with Microsoft over this, and seriously considering boycotting them in the future.

:)

ScottE2, Jul 29, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 compensation?

Delta6326, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 compensation?

1. Windows 10 compensation? - Similar Threads - compensation

2. Can Windows Microsoft compensate people for crashing their computer with the new update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows Microsoft compensate people for crashing their computer with the new update?: The last time I updated my computer, it caused my computer to crash and there was nothing I could do to get it working again. I took it to Best Buy and had the geek squad look at it and even after spending over $200 dollars there was nothing they could save from my computer....
  3. Can Windows Microsoft compensate people for crashing their computer with the new update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Windows Microsoft compensate people for crashing their computer with the new update?: The last time I updated my computer, it caused my computer to crash and there was nothing I could do to get it working again. I took it to Best Buy and had the geek squad look at it and even after spending over $200 dollars there was nothing they could save from my computer....
  4. Can Windows Microsoft compensate people for crashing their computer with the new update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Compensation for the issue caused by Windows 10 update KB5028166

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Compensation for the issue caused by Windows 10 update KB5028166: Just yesterday, I discovered that my laptop was unable to establish a network connection. Despite my best efforts and various attempted solutions, I was unable to resolve the issue myself. As a result, I had no choice but to seek professional help from a tech support store....
  6. Compensation for the issue caused by Windows 10 update KB5028166

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compensation for the issue caused by Windows 10 update KB5028166: Just yesterday, I discovered that my laptop was unable to establish a network connection. Despite my best efforts and various attempted solutions, I was unable to resolve the issue myself. As a result, I had no choice but to seek professional help from a tech support store....
  7. Compensation for the issue caused by Windows 10 update KB5028166

8. Is it possible to get compensation or a fix as when I tried to downgrade from windows 11 to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to get compensation or a fix as when I tried to downgrade from windows 11 to...: I recently tried to downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10 and after trying my pc has now been put into a death loop saying it can't install ntsf.sys and it is completely Microsoft's fault is there a way I can get compensation or help with this problem?...
  9. Is it possible to get compensation or a fix as when I tried to downgrade from windows 11 to...

Is it possible to get compensation or a fix as when I tried to downgrade from windows 11 to...: I recently tried to downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10 and after trying my pc has now been put into a death loop saying it can't install ntsf.sys and it is completely Microsoft's fault is there a way I can get compensation or help with this problem?...
  10. Compensation for ruined harddrive

Compensation for ruined harddrive: I contacted Microsoft support about software error where my pc would not display my taskbar. After about 4 hrs of support i got the issue resolved but not before i by the agent was asked "do you have a USB drive with at least 8 gb of free space". I did. Then he asked me to...