Windows 10: Windows 10 : computer does not start - tried all options

Discus and support Windows 10 : computer does not start - tried all options in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I had an unpleasant surprised yesterday when I tried to start my computer and it did not start. Windows 10 tried to run the diagnostic and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jeormel, Sep 27, 2016.

1. jeormel Win User

Windows 10 : computer does not start - tried all options

Hi,

I had an unpleasant surprised yesterday when I tried to start my computer and it did not start. Windows 10 tried to run the diagnostic and then the repair but it did not work and here i am on the blue screen with the different options to fix the issue. I tried absolutely everything but nothing worked:

- Startup repair : did not work. I landed on the same menu
    - Go back to previous build, did not work. It says that it cannot be performed
    - System restore : there was two system restore point. I did not start them right away and when I got back (I first tried a repair), they were gone !!! Do you know if there is a way to retrieve them
    - startup settings: I have tried to start windows 10 in safe mode and all the other modes but it does not start in any of them, it always goes back to the blue menu with the different options to troubleshoot the issue.
    - reset computer: it did not work. It always goes back to the troubleshoot menu.
    - I tried to run the sfc /scannow command but it failed.

At this point, I have no idea what to do ? Everything that I try bring me back to the troubleshoot menu. Any help would really be appreciated.

Best,
    Jerome

:)

jeormel, Sep 27, 2016

2. Uninstalling the Windows 10 Installer

I've tried all that along with hiding the windows 10 upgrade from the list of optional updates. I have one important and 3 optional updates I'm trying to download but the first thing it does it start downloading win 10, even though it's not there. How
    to I stop the computer from trying to download win 10?

MarkHorton1, Sep 27, 2016
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows 10 start menu not working - tried all available solutions

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding Start menu and taskbar, you can run SFC
    (System File Checker) and/or DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management). Make sure that you're connected to internet when doing the troubleshooting. To do so, check this

article
    out by ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP).

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Sep 27, 2016
  4. mrgeek Win User

From the Advanced options/Startup Settings, select 'enable Safe Mode' and select option 9. When the computer can't restart, an error message screen will appear. Post results here for someone to look at.

Windows 10 : computer does not start - tried all options [​IMG]

mrgeek, Sep 27, 2016
  5. jeormel Win User
    Mrgeek - thanks for your reply.
    Unfortunately, when I follow your steps, it still bring me back to the troubleshoot menu without throwing an error message.

jeormel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 : computer does not start - tried all options - Similar Threads - computer does start

2. Windows does not start on first try

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows does not start on first try: Hi, I bought a new laptop and after I re-installed windows, now the laptop does not boot properly on first try.The laptop came with windows 11 but it does it both with 10 and 11, it's not a problem related to the OS.I made a video about...
  3. Windows does not start on first try

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows does not start on first try: Hi, I bought a new laptop and after I re-installed windows, now the laptop does not boot properly on first try.The laptop came with windows 11 but it does it both with 10 and 11, it's not a problem related to the OS.I made a video about...
  4. I tried all the options!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I tried all the options!: It tried everything but it still continues to say the same thing. If you have any way to resolve this issue, please let me know! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-all-the-options/b4f35908-dabe-4653-b6ed-5565d9ab1487
  5. All boot options are tried

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All boot options are tried: Hello! I was recently attempting to fix errors on my disk so I could download a new program. When I ran the check and started the process, everything looked fine.A few hours later, I am alerted that there was an issue starting, I simply told it to restart, and I went to...
  6. Does anyone know a fix for this? I've tried all options on there. I tried contacting...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know a fix for this? I've tried all options on there. I tried contacting...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JigBiggles13 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j27007/does_anyone_know_a_fix_for_this_ive_tried_all/
  7. windows 10 will not start, tried all troubleshooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 will not start, tried all troubleshooting: My computer has windows 10. I was shutting down and computer was frozen and would not shut down so I did a forced shutdown. Computer would not restart. getting error computer did not start properly. Goes into trouble shooting mode. I've tried everything: Recovery, system...
  8. Computer Windows 10 does not start properly?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Windows 10 does not start properly?: Hey, the computer was a little overloaded. So I shut it down. Now it won't boot up, it'll just load. What can I do. Is this the safe mode or what? Please I have to send something for school. Computer Windows 10 startet nicht richtig?
  9. Windows does not start or does not start at all.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows does not start or does not start at all.: When I turn on my computer and load my operating system, it keeps loading and showing the logo as if it were "frozen" or blocked, I have already restarted it and it remains the same, what do I do?...
  10. Computer will not start at all

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer will not start at all: My Tablet PC will not start at all, it is virtually dead. I have been having this trouble for some time but after having a rest for about an hour it has got going again. This time it has been dead for a day and a night, I could not get it to start this morning. Even the on...