Windows 10: Windows 10 Computer not accessing home network

Discus and support Windows 10 Computer not accessing home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One of the Windows 10 computers on my home network is not accessing other computers on the network even though I have checked no password required in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NancyShively, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Computer not accessing home network

One of the Windows 10 computers on my home network is not accessing other computers on the network even though I have checked no password required in advanced settings. Can anyone help me?

:)

NancyShively, Aug 16, 2018
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 16, 2018
  4. astrakan Win User

Windows 10 Computer not accessing home network

windows 10 loosing local network access

Hi,

Well, frequently, I'm unable to access folders on my laptop (or desktop from laptop).
    Then I run network troubleshooting and windows says me the same thing again: one or more network protocols are not installed and necessary for connectivity. Then I accept the correction and I can access my network until the next time it will fail and will say me the same thing. One day, perhaps 3 if I am lucky.
    IT'S MASSIVELY BORING !! *Smile Windows 10 Computer not accessing home network :)

Any clue ?

astrakan, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Computer not accessing home network

1. Windows 10 Computer not accessing home network - Similar Threads - Computer accessing home

2. Windows 10 Home Network access problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home Network access problem: I have two Windows 10 Home computers that I want to be able to share files between, but I need help! My desktop ethernet and laptop wireless are on the same private network in my home. My two hostnames are \\Desktop\Users\Dougbert\Upstairs...
  3. cannot access new computer on home network

cannot access new computer on home network: I have a home LAN with three Windows 10 PCs that are sharing files & folders among themselves with no problem - I just click their PC name under Network in File Explorer. Problem is, I just set up a new Win 10 PC but when I click on that new PC's name under Network in File...
  4. Can't access computers on home network

Can't access computers on home network: I'm setting up a new Dell XPS 8930. Existing home network which uses Workgroup at this point includes a Win7 Dell and a Win8.1 Lenovo. The Win7 will be updated to 10 when this problem is solved. All computers show up on all computers under Network. The Win10 can access the...
  5. credentials problem accessing computer on home network

credentials problem accessing computer on home network: Simple version: When I attempt to access computer name Tosh-64 from any other computer on the network, I WAS getting challenged for a user name and p/w. I kept getting 'wrong uname or p/w. Made a big mistake and tried MS account credentials. It's a local account and of course...
  6. Windows cannot Access \\"Home Network Computer Name"

Windows cannot Access \\"Home Network Computer Name": Help. I keep getting this message along with; Windows 10 - errror 0x80070035 when I try to access the two laptops on my home network. There are three machines. The two laptops and a desktop. The two laptops can access the desktop, but not vici verca! I have ahared all Drives...
  7. Accessing Computers Over Home Network

Accessing Computers Over Home Network: We have three computers at home. When all three computers were on Windows 7, sharing was a pain in the...but it worked. Everyone could basically access everything on everyone else's computers. Two computers were recently upgraded to Windows 10, one is still on Windows 7....
  8. Cannot get access to the computers on Home network

Cannot get access to the computers on Home network: I haven’t been able to get access to other computers on my home wifi network since the last Windows 10 update. I receive an error message: you do not have permission to access (a particular computer). Contact administrator to request access. Any help is appreciated Windows...
  9. Access to another computer on my home network.

Access to another computer on my home network.: When trying to access a second computer I'm required to enter a user name and password. There are no user names and/or passwords on any of my computers. What now?...
  10. Cannot Access Other Computers on Windows 10 Home Network

Cannot Access Other Computers on Windows 10 Home Network: Hi, I have a desktop and a laptop setup at home, I have recently upgraded both to Windows 10. Both were previously running Windows 7 Home Premium and could identify each other on the network and I could access files on either PC from one or the other at any time. With the...