Windows 10: Windows 10 computer refresh issue

Discus and support Windows 10 computer refresh issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have fixed this problem. I was told that the only way to fix this problem was to have it factory reset by the manufacturers. I have taken it to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Paulo Santos, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Windows 10 computer refresh issue

I have fixed this problem. I was told that the only way to fix this problem was to have it factory reset by the manufacturers. I have taken it to the local Best Buy and it will be set back to Windows 8 (not to mention the sound problem will be fixed). Thank you all for reading/trying to help if you have, and have a good day.

"There was a problem refreshing your computer.
    No changes have been made."

This is the message that I get every time I try to refresh my computer via Update and Security. I have some pretty bad problems right now. The first: My sound isn't working. If I try to re-install the realtek sound driver, it gives me a message saying that the installation has failed, and the installer entirely closes. Also, whenever I put my mouse over the sound/speaker icon, it shows the following message: "No audio output device is installed." I tried to troubleshoot the issue, and it did not work at all. It led me to this: Screenshot (The link is a screenshot of the troubleshooting result). I went to the control panel, and then clicked "View Devices and Printers", then on "DELL" (Screenshot), then a window popped up with two tabs on the top. I clicked "Hardware" (Screenshot), and instantly found two drivers with errors next to them, both of them being sound drivers (Screenshot). I clicked on them, and both of them had this error: "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)." This is as much information as I could gather on the situation, other than the fact that I could not fix it no matter what I tried.

Another problem is that my key input is messed up (for example, when typing quickly it takes a while for the computer to register which keys have been pressed. I can hold backspace for a second and stop, and the computer will slowly delete text even after I let go, taking it's sweet time for the better part of ten seconds). Again, this is as much information as I could gather on the situation.

EDIT: I have restarted my computer and fixed the "key input" issue, however the sound and refresh issues still persist.

The only solution that I know of for these issues is to refresh windows, and I cannot do that because of the previously stated issue (see my starting quote).

If anyone here knows how to fix this issue, I would be very grateful as it would fix my computer entirely. Thank you for reading.

:)

Paulo Santos, Nov 26, 2015

2. Can't login to my Windows 10 computer - incorrect password is correct.

Hello Reather,

Since you already have changed your password 4 times and still the issue occurs, we recommend that you refresh your computer. You can refresh your computer with your files still intact. Follow the steps in the link below to refresh your computer:

Reset/Refresh Windows

Note: This will work with Windows 10 as well

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Nov 26, 2015
  3. hp 520-1047C DVD drive will not load

Hi Gordon,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10 and also for trying troubleshooting steps to fix issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced.

Don't worry about this issue we will help you to resolve it.

I would suggest you to refresh your computer and check.

you can refresh your PC without deleting any of your personal files or changing your settings.

Follow the link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/refresh-is-part-of-reset-in-windows-10

Try to perform refresh and Let us know the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Nov 26, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Windows 10 computer refresh issue

Since install fails, you can try manually adding the driver to the sound card. Search for device and click to open Device Manager. Expand Sound, video and game controllers and right-click on the sound card (it can be in other devices or elsewhere) and select Update driver. Do not let Windows search for a driver, instead select the last option. Then select again the last option. You should see a Have disk button. Click that and browse to the folder where the driver files are extracted (if the installer is executable, a single EXE file, then you can open it with WinRAR to extract the files to a folder). Select the first model in the list and proceed to install it, no matter if Windows cannot verify compatibility and give a warning. Then restart the computer for changes to take effect.

If this doesn't work, you may try returning to a working restore point from System Restore.

spapakons, Nov 26, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 computer refresh issue

1. Windows 10 computer refresh issue - Similar Threads - computer refresh issue

2. Refresh rate issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Refresh rate issue: Hello.I recently purchased a Samsung Q60C tv. this is a 60hz screen. I hooked it up to my pc like my last tv second screen. But im not able to get better fps than 30.When the PC is disconnected, i can put the game mode on on the tv and it goes to 50 automatically, when i plug...
  3. Explorer Refresh Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer Refresh Issues: The last few days I've been having issues with Explorer not refreshing automatically when copying/pasting/deleting files from folders. I have to manually Ctrl+R in order for the files to appear or disappear. I've also encountered a problem where Explorer crashes if I drag a...
  4. Windows 10 explorer refreshing issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 explorer refreshing issue: Hello, Newly created folder is appearing only after refresh F5 and it's happeing with Copy,Cut,Paste & Rename functions as well. Tried all the possiblities but nothing helped me out, Any troubleshooting steps that i need to perform to fix this? Regards, Avinash...
  5. Icon refresh issue ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icon refresh issue ?: so after i refresh my screen i have an icon that auto rearranges itself any fixes for this ? submitted by /u/tommyhoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jav92w/icon_refresh_issue/
  6. Windows keep on refreshing issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keep on refreshing issue: After new update of windows 10, am facing issue with screen refresh automatically and simultaneously, it is keep on refreshing and when i open notpad it keeps printing date and time. When i press any keys then it stops and again in few seconds it keep on printing. I have re...
  7. Icon refresh issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icon refresh issues: Hi, We are using Win 10 , 1803 First Problem on my laptop and when I ever I delete file/shortcut on destop or any folder , the change is not reflecting, icon of file still remain there and if I click it says file not found, its same even when I copy paste file on...
  8. computer in loop after refreshing windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer in loop after refreshing windows 10: I was trying to refresh windows 10 but it is stuck in a loop that just keeps rebooting the computer but never finishes reinstalling windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-in-loop-after-refreshing-windows-10/0767add1-9b67-4243-97bb-5247f0c57566
  9. refreshing issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    refreshing issues: after refreshing my pc ( windows 10 ) the computer won't respond,I have only a black screen and the pointer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/refreshing-issues/33850230-737a-451d-9ad6-3edab6601212
  10. Folder refresh issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder refresh issues: I have been having this issue for quite a long time now, so any suggestions welcome. Actions that I perform in folders are not visible until I refresh the folder. Let's say I am downloading a file, I click "new folder", nothing happens, I then have to hit F5 to refresh...