Windows 10: Windows 10 Connect App - Couldn't Connect?

Discus and support Windows 10 Connect App - Couldn't Connect? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to use the new Windows 10 Connect App. I have a Window 10 PC and tablet, both on the latest AU build. I also have a phone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BW022, Aug 12, 2016.

1. BW022 Win User

Windows 10 Connect App - Couldn't Connect?

Hello,

I am trying to use the new Windows 10 Connect App.

I have a Window 10 PC and tablet, both on the latest AU build. I also have a phone with Window 10 Mobile.

On the PC, I connect to my Wifi network, ensure settings are setup (Settings-System-Projecting to this PC) and run the Connect App. I then try to connect using either the phone or tablet. Both see the PC as 'video' device. However, when I connect to them... after a few seconds, both give a generic "Couldn't Connect" message. No way to see any error or reasons.

Both the tablet and phone can connect to a Roku device on the same home WiFi network. The PC is new and the WiFi supports Miracast. I has previously setup AirServer (trial) on the PC and it worked (although connecting was spotty, maybe 1 in 3 times). It has been uninstalled.

Any ideas on how to get the connect app to work or at least see what the error is?

Thanks,
    Brett

:)

BW022, Aug 12, 2016
  2. bripenny Win User

Cant open windows store after upgrading to windows 10.

Hi,

I have run the Windows 10 app troubleshooter. No improvement, I am still getting the message, Check Your Connection, we couldn't connect to the server, The error code is 0x80072EFD.

bripenny, Aug 12, 2016
  3. wifi problem Win 10 Surface 3

Hey! Ive got an issue with the Wi-Fi connection on my Surface 3 with windows 10. It finds the connection and connects but all apps that use internet says there is no connection. My other devices like my windows phone can use the same router. Tried the
    help and solution center in Windows 10 but it couldn't solve the problem. So you're my lady chance!

FlennyNator, Aug 12, 2016
  4. ZhunaBrat Win User

It happens to me too.
    I am using Lumia 550 and it supports Miracast.
    I can project to my Sony smart TV but not on the Connect app.
    I get the same "error".
    Any fix for this?

ZhunaBrat, Aug 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Connect App - Couldn't Connect? - Similar Threads - Connect App Couldn't

2. Windows couldn't connect to the printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows couldn't connect to the printer: Hi,I have problem connecting to shared printer when I click connect on that printer then I get an error:Windows couldn’t connect to the printer. Check the printer’s name and try again.When I click two times on this printer on network share then I get:Operation code could not...
  3. Windows couldn't connect to the printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows couldn't connect to the printer: Hi,I have problem connecting to shared printer when I click connect on that printer then I get an error:Windows couldn’t connect to the printer. Check the printer’s name and try again.When I click two times on this printer on network share then I get:Operation code could not...
  4. Windows couldn't connect to the printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows couldn't connect to the printer: Hi,I have problem connecting to shared printer whan I click connect I get an eror:Windows couldn’t connect to the printer. Check the printer’s name and try again.When I click two times on this printer on network share then I get:Operation code could not be completed error...
  5. Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer: I have a problem with the printer connection over the network. I try to connect with some network printers, but the result is "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer". I've tried restarting the print spooler, copying the mscms.dll file, deleting the printer and driver, then...
  6. Couldn't connect proxy internt to windows apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Couldn't connect proxy internt to windows apps: Hi , Im using my collage proxy lan (I live in dorms so I got no other choice ) I belive usally cortena asks credentials for internet access , but my cortena never asks me any credentials and I couldn't use store or any non-store apps . But my browser is working as it is...
  7. "Connect" app ... Couldn't connect?

"Connect" app ... Couldn't connect?: Hello, I have a new Dell XPS 15 9570 and just got a new free Surface pro from a SANS class I was hoping to use as a portable monitor for my laptop. I can "Connect" or project (extend desktop) from my Surface to my laptop but that is backwards from what I want. When I try...
  8. Windows 10 Photos app 'couldn't connect to OneDrive"

Windows 10 Photos app 'couldn't connect to OneDrive": Any ideas? I'm signed in w my Windows ID. Can access OneDrive from elsewhere on this PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/windows-10-photos-app-couldnt-connect-to-onedrive/b00bdea8-37d5-426d-bb7f-4d1bf92deed1
  9. Photos app: OneDrive storage indicator "couldn't connect..."

Photos app: OneDrive storage indicator "couldn't connect...": In Photos app Settings, the section for OneDrive includes an indicator bar with a caption "You're using 68.5 GB of 1 TB on OneDrive" (or whatever) but (on a couple of devices) below this bar is a message "Last updated 5 days ago" with a clickable "Refresh". Clicking shows...
  10. App Store Couldn't Connect to the Server?

App Store Couldn't Connect to the Server?: [img] I've tried to re-register the app store but to no avail. 57120