Windows 10: Windows 10 connected to TV, desktop doesn't load after turning the TV

Discus and support Windows 10 connected to TV, desktop doesn't load after turning the TV in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a question. I have a Barebone PC (Gigabyte GB-BXI3H-5010) which was running Windows 8.1, and now it has been upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zkyevolved, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Windows 10 connected to TV, desktop doesn't load after turning the TV

Hello everyone, I have a question.

I have a Barebone PC (Gigabyte GB-BXI3H-5010) which was running Windows 8.1, and now it has been upgraded to Windows 10. I use this PC to run a home server with Plex media server and Plex Home Theater - so I've got it connected to the TV, and the PC is always on. So when I turn on the TV, I have to press any button on the keyboard or move the mouse for the graphics card to kick in, which is fine. But when it does, it goes to a blank desktop. There's nothing there. I can see the open apps listed in the start tray, but none of them open. I'm quite confused to be honest. It's connected via HDMI to an LG TV.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

:)

zkyevolved, Aug 5, 2015

2. Windows 10 connected to TV, desktop doesn't load after turning the TV back on

Hello everyone, I have a question.

I have a Barebone PC (Gigabyte GB-BXI3H-5010) which was running Windows 8.1, and now it has been upgraded to Windows 10. I use this PC to run a home server with Plex media server and Plex Home Theater - so I've got it connected to the TV, and the PC is always
    on. So when I turn on the TV, I have to press any button on the keyboard or move the mouse for the graphics card to kick in, which is fine. But when it does, it goes to a blank desktop. There's nothing there. I can see the open apps listed in the start tray,
    but none of them open. I'm quite confused to be honest. It's connected via HDMI to an LG TV.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

KentSpain85, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Windows 10 connected to TV, desktop doesn't load after turning the TV back on

Hi Kent,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Kindly first check if the connection is proper and then change the screen resolution.

Just type "change the screen resolution" and set it to a lower value.

If it doesn't help try the steps below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Display . Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    Method 2: I would suggest you check if your driver is updated through the Device Manager.

1. Just type "Device Manager" in search bar and click Enter.

2. Right-click on Display Adapter and select Properties.

3. Go to Driver Tab and click on Update.

You might have to uninstall and then reinstall your display adapter from the Manufacturer's website.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Windows 10 connected to TV, desktop doesn't load after turning the TV

I am having issues with HDMI TV connection as well.

Do you have an AMD graphics card by any chance?

BrownianMotion, Aug 5, 2015
  5. No, it says Intel graphics. This is the barebone I have: GIGABYTE - Desktop PC - Mini-PC Barebone - GB-BXi3H-5010 (rev. 1.0)

Graphics Intel® HD Graphics 5500 It's really bugging me. I've updated the drivers, but the system won't take to the drivers Gigabyte provides, probably due to the fact that they're windows 8.1 drivers and not 10. I don't know what else to do *Mad

zkyevolved, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 connected to TV, desktop doesn't load after turning the TV

1. Windows 10 connected to TV, desktop doesn't load after turning the TV - Similar Threads - connected desktop doesn't

2. Ignoring turned on TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ignoring turned on TV: Hello!Whenever I turn on my TV connected via HDMI to my PC, my two Monitors go haywire trying for 30 seconds refreshing, desktop and windows shifting from my first to my second monitor until windows figures out that just the TV turned on. The TV is disabled as a third...
  3. Ignoring turned on TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ignoring turned on TV: Hello!Whenever I turn on my TV connected via HDMI to my PC, my two Monitors go haywire trying for 30 seconds refreshing, desktop and windows shifting from my first to my second monitor until windows figures out that just the TV turned on. The TV is disabled as a third...
  4. Connecting TV to desktop PC , no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting TV to desktop PC , no signal: Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the HDMI-2 port on the TV, I have set the PC display settings to duplicate the screens and all was working fine, I switch to input 2...
  5. Connecting TV to desktop PC , no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting TV to desktop PC , no signal: Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the HDMI-2 port on the TV, I have set the PC display settings to duplicate the screens and all was working fine, I switch to input 2...
  6. Tv cute connection to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tv cute connection to desktop: I revently updated NVIDIA drivers dont worry i posed there too just in case and everything seemed fine after the reboot UNTIL I entered my password. After the screen splash for the login accepted my credentials. The screen goes black and i get my tv saying “no input detected”...
  7. sound on desktop not working, connected to a TV

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sound on desktop not working, connected to a TV: i updated computer with ssd everything works except my sound from tv. the TV sound works when not connected. when i look at the sound settings, it says installed properly. I restarted, checked device manager, all seems to show working but i still cannot hear any sound. i can...
  8. Desktop connection to Samsung TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop connection to Samsung TV: I am trying to connect my Samsung TV to my IBM Windows 10 desktop. I'm fairly confident I've gone through the TV's menu properly which essentially goes through their support process. After contacting Samsung Support Chat, I'm told that I need a Windows 10 driver to complete...
  9. connecting to a tv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting to a tv: how can I connect my Dell all in 1 computer to my tv, the computer has only USB ports no HDMI so I bought an adapter cable to go from USB to HDMI and the tv still says "no signal"...
  10. Can not connect with Windows 10 to TV (mirror desktop)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not connect with Windows 10 to TV (mirror desktop): Hello, I have a problem with connect my notebook with windows 10 Pro N (1709) to my smart TV (mirror desktop). Aditional information: - with my another notebook it is possible to connect, so I know that TV and WiFi network work fine. - I tried also turn off firewall on...