Windows 10: Windows 10 Connection to Windows 7 Admin Shares Using SMBv2/3?

Discus and support Windows 10 Connection to Windows 7 Admin Shares Using SMBv2/3? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, In our business, we do a lot of admin work using the built in admin shares (ex. \\pc-1\c$)A Windows 10 PC cannot connect to a Windows 7 PC's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dhbennett, Jul 5, 2017.

1. dhbennett Win User

Windows 10 Connection to Windows 7 Admin Shares Using SMBv2/3?

Hello,

In our business, we do a lot of admin work using the built in admin shares (ex. \\pc-1\c$)A Windows 10 PC cannot connect to a Windows 7 PC's Admin Share without issuing the following commands to first disable SMBv2/3 on the Windows 10 PC:

sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi
    sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= disabled

This solution works but is very problematic for us as we want to disable SMBv1 all together. Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

:)

dhbennett, Jul 5, 2017

2. Blackberry Playbook won't connect to Windows 10 64bit laptop

Hi,

This issue occurs in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, the Server Message Block version 1 (SMBv1) network protocol is no longer installed by default. It was superseded by SMBv2 and later protocols starting
    in 2007. Microsoft publicly deprecated the SMBv1 protocol in 2014.

To resolve this issue, check instructions provided on this article, How
    to detect, enable and disable SMBv1, SMBv2, and SMBv3 in Windows and Windows Server

Update us with the outcome.

Efraim Gar, Jul 5, 2017
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    Rey Bel1, Jul 5, 2017
  4. tracit99 Win User

tracit99, Jul 5, 2017
  5. dhbennett Win User
    Thanks. I've done that many times and it doesn't solve my issue. The problem is, I can connect to my file servers on SMBv2/3 but not the admin shares on Windows 7 PCs unless I use SMBv1 which I don't want.

dhbennett, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Connection to Windows 7 Admin Shares Using SMBv2/3? - Similar Threads - Connection Admin Shares

2. How to enable or disable SMBv2 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable SMBv2 in Windows 10: If you want to enable or disable SMBv2 on your Windows 10 device then this guide will help you do so. But before that, let’s know a brief introduction about this application, however, if you are already familiar with this application, you can directly go to the below section...
  3. Cannot browse Windows 7 admin disk volume shares from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot browse Windows 7 admin disk volume shares from Windows 10: From computer A Windows 10 Home, the file shares on computer B Windows 7 Pro, laptop can be successfully accessed by: "\\b\users\<admin-user>\desktop\<shared-folder>". But when browsing the network from computer A by opening the Network in explorer, although computer B shows...
  4. Enabling network sharing with smbv1 disabled and smbv2 enabled

Enabling network sharing with smbv1 disabled and smbv2 enabled: We all know about how people at microsoft make smbv1 mandatory to share folder across a local network, which exposes us to ransomwares. people at Microsoft have no concerns for security, despite being in IT business for the last 30 years.... in windows 10 , like 1809, the...
  5. connecting a windows 7 computer to a windows 10 for printer sharing

connecting a windows 7 computer to a windows 10 for printer sharing: since there is no homegroup in windows 10 how can I connect my windows 7 computer to my windows 10 computer and how do I find the settings for home group type password...
  6. How to connect to Windows 7 share from Windows 10 1803

How to connect to Windows 7 share from Windows 10 1803: I spent the last couple of days wading through a lot of material on this subject. I finally found the right solution and I thought I would share it so others would not need to go through the hassle of digging through the long complicated threads. The real question is "How...
  7. Window 7 and window 10 shares

Window 7 and window 10 shares: I have been sharing folders between my Windows 10 computer (aka w10) and my Windows 7 computer (aka w7) for a while now. After the January 09, 2019 update, everything broke. I was able to roll back KB4480966 and kb4100347. Once that is done, w10 was able to see w7. On...
  8. Window 10 will not connect to shared local printer on Windows 7

Window 10 will not connect to shared local printer on Windows 7: My home network has two computers, Windows 10 Pro and Windows 7 Pro, shared on a HOMEGROUP. For many months the Win 10 computer has shared a local HP LaserJet printer connected (LPT1) to my Win 7 machine. Recently, after an automated windows update, my Windows 10 will NO...
  9. Windows 10 and Windows 7 sharing files

Windows 10 and Windows 7 sharing files: Hi guys, I am running Windows 10 and Windows 7 on 2 partions. I am working on a website that is on local using wamp server. How can I share folder between two windows when I login to another system files are synced on both. Is this achievable? 20717
  10. Cannot connect to windows 10 share from Windows 7 !?

Cannot connect to windows 10 share from Windows 7 !?: Have a NET SHARE W$=W:\ on Windows 10 Have a NET USE w: L: \\win10pc\w$ on Windows 7 Used to be able to connect and save my backups there etc. This morning, I get status: Unavailable in Windows 7 as reported by NET USE same for all my other shares between the two. Both...