Windows 10: Windows 10 Consumer Preview to Launch in Late January

Discus and support Windows 10 Consumer Preview to Launch in Late January in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Work on Windows 10 advances at a really good pace, and it appears that Microsoft is so pleased with how things are going for the new operating system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Nov 26, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows 10 Consumer Preview to Launch in Late January

More

labeeman, Nov 26, 2014
  2. Dave44 Win User

cant wait should be very good

:)

Dave44, Nov 27, 2014
  3. TomBrad95 Win User
    lumia denim update

At the moment the windows 10 is only available as a preview for windows 7 SP1 and higher with an enterprise edition which was updated to a business type one (it's early, I can't remember what the proper name is) and in January it could be extended to a
    consumer preview, but for WP 10 this probably won't be announced until build in April.

TomBrad95, Nov 27, 2014
  4. [ Pete ] Win User

update

Everyone should get Denim in the next couple of months. The update is delivered in batches and there's no way of telling where or when an update will happen.

There's going to be an event set up by Microsoft on the 21st January where Windows 10 will be talked about. This may include details on projected release dates and availability of a consumer preview. We don't at this point know what will be talked about
    yet.

[ Pete ], Nov 27, 2014
  5. Let's hope it is an improvement, unlike the last 2 upgrades.

lehnerus2000, Nov 27, 2014
  6. Winuser Win User
    IMO at this stage MS is concentrating more on adding features than fixing bugs. I do hope MS releases some updates in December to start fixing some of the bugs. If not hopefully the next release in January will bring some bug fixes.

Winuser, Nov 27, 2014
  7. IMO at this stage MS is concentrating more on adding features than fixing bugs. I do hope MS releases some updates in December to start fixing some of the bugs. If not hopefully the next release in January will bring some bug fixes. They managed to break the new Window Snapping options that were introduced in b9841. *Sad

IMO, they were a great improvement on the W7 ones (and I use them everyday).

lehnerus2000, Nov 27, 2014
  8. Windows 10 Consumer Preview to Launch in Late January

Except ... MS has already said that they are releasing no more Win10 TP builds the rest of the year.

Mark Phelps, Nov 27, 2014
  9. Winuser Win User
    Except ... MS has already said that they are releasing no more Win10 TP builds the rest of the year. Ms can release updates without releasing a new build.

Winuser, Nov 27, 2014
  10. labeeman Win User
    Except ... MS has already said that they are releasing no more Win10 TP builds the rest of the year. Ms can release updates without releasing a new build. I sure hope so the bucket list is growing.

labeeman, Nov 27, 2014
  11. WHS
    whs Win User
    I think we all have good stable systems running right now. So what's the rush. I'd rather have a perfect Windows 10 than a buggy one. It takes little to destroy an OS - remember Vista that died on the drivers.

12. Winuser Win User
    We had a stable system with the first release of Win 10 TP. It's been down hill since than. I'm in no hurry for the final release. I do feel that MS should start fixing some of the problems that was introduced in the last to builds before adding more features.

Winuser, Nov 27, 2014
  13. labeeman Win User

M$ did fix one bug that most users even on this forum were wanting fixed they released the ISO.

labeeman, Nov 27, 2014
  14. Winuser Win User
    That is definitely a plus for MS! *Smile

Winuser, Nov 27, 2014
  15. Kari Win User
    The 9879 ISO released a few days ago already hints about coming Consumer version. When the install.wim file in 9879 is opened with Windows System Image Manager it shows a bit surprisingly a new version:

Windows 10 Consumer Preview to Launch in Late January [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Consumer Preview to Launch in Late January - Similar Threads - Consumer Preview Launch

2. Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 19546.1000 - January 16

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 19546.1000 - January 16: Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19546 to Fast ring. If you want a complete look at what build is in which Insider ring, head over to Flight Hub. You can also check out the rest of our documentation here, including a list of new...
  3. Installation of Consumer Preview Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation of Consumer Preview Build: I just recently put an extra SSD on my PC and installed Build 9879. It is not working so well on my rig but I understand why. I'm not here to talk about the current issues but rather how Microsoft will deliver the Consumer Preview Build in a couple of weeks. I have seen...
  4. Project Spartan and the Windows 10 January Preview Build

in Windows 10 News
    Project Spartan and the Windows 10 January Preview Build: Yesterday, we announced that Windows 10 will ship with a brand new browser, codenamed “Project Spartan.” Designed for Windows 10, Spartan provides a more interoperable, reliable, and discoverable experience with advanced features including the ability to annotate on web...
  5. Windows 10: Cortana begins to show up in consumer preview

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Cortana begins to show up in consumer preview: Microsoft is working diligently towards a release of Windows 10 that is targeted towards consumers which should arrive in late January. One of the features that will be coming -- and Neowin was the first to bring you details on it -- with Windows 10 is Cortana. While there...
  6. Windows 10 Mobile launch scheduled for late September

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile launch scheduled for late September: [img] Windows 10 may be officially launching on July 29th, but Windows Phone fans know they have to wait longer before the Mobile version of the OS will get released. Luckily, we now have a much clearer picture of how long that waiting time will be. We’ve known for a...
  7. Windows 10: What's in the January preview release?

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: What's in the January preview release?: In a rapid-fire live demo in Redmond yesterday, Microsoft's Joe Belfiore showed off the latest features of Windows 10 to a room full of press and analysts and an online audience. The January consumer preview release will be delivered as an automatic update to members of the...
  8. Windows 10 Consumer Preview features maybe in early 2015

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Consumer Preview features maybe in early 2015: It was announced recently that no more Windows 10 builds would be issued to Windows Insiders this year, and that the program will resume in early 2015. That leaves over a month and a half between now and the next publicly available build, so what can we expect to see in early...
  9. The Consumer Preview of Skype Integration for Windows 10 is here

in Windows 10 News
    The Consumer Preview of Skype Integration for Windows 10 is here: [img] The Consumer Preview of Skype Integration for Windows 10 is here – Tell us what you want to see next Do you want to send quick messages from your PC to your family while you’re working? Need help cooking at home and want to show your sister exactly what you are...
  10. Windows 10 January Technical Preview build 99xx Change Log

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 January Technical Preview build 99xx Change Log: Windows will update from version 6.4.9879 to 10.0.99xx after launching this update. Future build This build has yet to be released, below, we write down the confirmed new features (due to leaks, announcements and reliable sources). However, some of the features listed...