Windows 10: windows 10 context menus have huge padding

Discus and support windows 10 context menus have huge padding in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The new W10 insider build context menus have huge paddings. In the netbook, the taskbar context menu almost cover the entire height of the screen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by derek10, Sep 27, 2015.

1. derek10 Win User

windows 10 context menus have huge padding

The new W10 insider build context menus have huge paddings.
    In the netbook, the taskbar context menu almost cover the entire height of the screen and the start menu context menu overflows and shows arrows to scroll.

Is there a way to make them more compact like in RTM

:)

derek10, Sep 27, 2015

2. Agitated with context menus

I am very displeased with the context menus in Windows 10 ever since Build 10240. There is no consistency among them. The one for the desktop looks different than the one for the taskbar. The desktop has a "light" themed context menu and the taskbar has
    a "dark" themed one. All the context menus need to match.

I read that BS in the Insider Hub about why it is the way it is and it's so stupid. Here is an example, "Some Windows surfaces (e.g. file explorer) prefer light menus for a continuous experience while others opt for darker menus to maintain continuity."
    They say that as if it's actually alive.

I have a small screen (1024x600) and when I right-click on the taskbar, the context menus are HUGE! When I right-click on the Start icon, I have to scroll down just to get to the "Shut down or sign out" option. They're supposed to make it simpler to use,
    not add more steps.

This is really bothersome to me. It's like an itch that cannot be scratched, it annoys me to no end. Didn't even know I had OCD until I saw this disaster with the context menus. I wonder if anyone else is peeved at this?

MichaelMAS7, Sep 27, 2015
  3. Gerry C J Cornell, Sep 27, 2015
  4. Lumlumi Win User

I have this problem too. The reason why I don't like OS's after XP is their huge context menu.

windows 10 context menus have huge padding [​IMG]

They look so ugly and what is worse, there is totally unnecessary space on menus.
    To be things even worse, they killed Classic Theme. I used Classic Theme on Windows 7 just because of ugly menus of Aero Theme and other themes.
    I hope some day ClassicShell will make compact menus like XP or Classic Theme.

Lumlumi, Jul 28, 2016
  5. topgundcp Win User
    Create a .reg file and double click to merge into the registry, signout or restart explorer:
    Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\FlightedFeatures] "ImmersiveContextMenu"=dword:00000000[/quote]

topgundcp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 context menus have huge padding - Similar Threads - context menus huge

2. Huge padding in List View

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Huge padding in List View: I'm already tired of asking this to your support but after 22H2 on Win11 there is a huge padding on the left side of the folders in List View. It's been confirmed 3 times to me from your support that it's a bug and that it's a design issue. No one seems to care. When is it...
  3. No Full-Context Menus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Full-Context Menus?: I've upgraded to the new Windows 11 and I wanted to move the taskbar to the top, But all I see is a useless "Taskbar Settings" Button. Do you think theseare messy popups? They are not. So is there an official way to make these full context?...
  4. No Full-Context Menus?

No Full-Context Menus?: I've upgraded to the new Windows 11 and I wanted to move the taskbar to the top, But all I see is a useless "Taskbar Settings" Button. Do you think theseare messy popups? They are not. So is there an official way to make these full context?...
  5. Windows 11 Context menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Context menus: The actions one can take for an item file, folder, etc. show up in different ways:Across the topAcross the bottomIn a context menu I think "context menu" is the right term.others?This is a bit confusing -- not that one can't quickly figure out where to look, but that one...
  6. Windows 11 Context menus

Windows 11 Context menus: The actions one can take for an item file, folder, etc. show up in different ways:Across the topAcross the bottomIn a context menu I think "context menu" is the right term.others?This is a bit confusing -- not that one can't quickly figure out where to look, but that one...
  7. Edit or an editor for the context menus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edit or an editor for the context menus: My context menu is a mess. Items that I never use, or apps added themselves but not wanted, and vice versa. Older apps that offer setting to be listed, no longer work function in W10 1909. I am trying to add them manually and remove those which I don't want. e.g: I have...
  8. Icons and Context Menus gone!!!!!

Icons and Context Menus gone!!!!!: So I wake up my computer yesterday morning after the weekend. Outlook is open, after checking I minimize and see all my desktop icons are gone except for the recycle bin. I right click on the lower left Windows icon and nothing. If I click Send To on a file in explorer...
  9. Context Menus - (Inconsistencies)

Context Menus - (Inconsistencies): If you're not keen on the 'larger' spacing on some Explorer right click context menus, or, have applied a different 'text size' and, perhaps applied 'Bold' but find that the modifications do not adhere, here's a quick Registry modification to fix that. If you are...
  10. Suddenly have "new folder" on top of the context menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Suddenly have "new folder" on top of the context menus: I have no idea when this happened to me. Here are some screenshots: [img] On desktop [img] On explorer Please help! 13340