Windows 10: Windows 10 Continually Restarts

Discus and support Windows 10 Continually Restarts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All was OK, yesterday. Today, though, laptop starts, loads programs, sits for a minute or so, then it restarts. Does this every time, I have tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DoodleDude, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Continually Restarts

All was OK, yesterday. Today, though, laptop starts, loads programs, sits for a minute or so, then it restarts. Does this every time, I have tried to use it. Tried to jump in and restore to a previous point, and it would not do that, presumably due to it restarting.
    Now it is just sitting with the time, day, & date. Probably would just restart again, if I let it.

Please help, not sure what to do at all. Thank you in advance, DD

:)

DoodleDude, Mar 19, 2016
  2. Isha Soni Win User

Windows 10 continually restarts

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

This issue could occur due to incompatible or corrupted device drivers. Let’s try to follow these methods

below which can help us resolving this issue.

Please check your Windows updates (including optional updates).

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Select Check for Update.
    • Download and Install the latest Windows Updates.

Method 1: Perform System Maintenance troubleshooter.

I would suggest you to perform System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer and check if it fixes the issue.

Please follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all on the left side panel.
    • Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2: Check in safe mode and clean boot mode of the computer

Step 1: Check in Safe mode

Safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The words
    Safe Mode appear in the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you're using.

Refer the link below:

Start your computer in safe mode

Steps applicable to Windows 10.

You can restart the computer to put it back in
    normal mode.

If the issue doesn’t occur in safe mode, follow step 2.

Step 2: Perform Clean Boot

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a “clean boot” in Windows

Refer to Windows 8.1 steps, as they are applicable to Windows 10.

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

If this lets you log in, follow the steps below.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Mar 19, 2016
  3. Windows 10 continually restarts

Original Title : What can I so

I have a laptop that was working fine till Windows 10,now I get a screen with a small window and that's it, then it restarts over and over, what can I type in or what can I do to get system restore on the screen

vickicoffin, Mar 19, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Windows 10 Continually Restarts

Hi DoodleDude and welcome to Tenforums.
    Have you tried booting into the advanced repair options?
    See Option #6 here. You basically simulate a failed boot three times.
    Advanced Startup Options - Boot to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Then Option #1 here
    System Restore Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Hope that helps.

simrick, Mar 20, 2016
  5. Thank you for the welcome, and the input!!

What I did was leave it on screen after it restarted, and shows a photo, with day, date, and time. And left it there for around 30-45 minutes, and all seems kosher now. Thank you for your input, though. *Biggrin Doodle

DoodleDude, Mar 20, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Glad to hear it! *Thumbs

simrick, Mar 20, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    I wonder if the issue is really resolved this way.
    I certainly wish it is for you.
    Knock on wood.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Continually Restarts

1. Windows 10 Continually Restarts - Similar Threads - Continually Restarts

2. Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To continue installing Windows, restart...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To continue installing Windows, restart...: My computer would not update correctly so I reset it, but when I try to reset it, it stops at 81%, boots into windows but does not let me use my computer. When I tried to launch is safe mode it gave me the response "Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To...
  3. Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To continue installing Windows, restart...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To continue installing Windows, restart...: My computer would not update correctly so I reset it, but when I try to reset it, it stops at 81%, boots into windows but does not let me use my computer. When I tried to launch is safe mode it gave me the response "Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To...
  4. Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To continue installing Windows, restart...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. What if my computer continuously restarts and does nothing else but do blue screen and say...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What if my computer continuously restarts and does nothing else but do blue screen and say...: What if my computer continuously restarts and does nothing else but do blue screen and say unmountable boot volume over and over?? Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-if-my-computer-continuously-restarts-and-does/5a635dc3-bf39-4c45-b444-3c2c1f453ad8
  6. What if my computer continuously restarts and does nothing else but do blue screen and say...

What if my computer continuously restarts and does nothing else but do blue screen and say...: What if my computer continuously restarts and does nothing else but do blue screen and say unmountable boot volume over and over?? Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-if-my-computer-continuously-restarts-and-does/5a635dc3-bf39-4c45-b444-3c2c1f453ad8
  7. What if my computer continuously restarts and does nothing else but do blue screen and say...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Why does my pc continue to restart on its own saying it ran into a problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my pc continue to restart on its own saying it ran into a problem: My pc keeps running into and error and restarting. Pls what might be the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-pc-continue-to-restart-on-its-own/b20fb005-00e3-4fde-8b89-e861945b6ad3
  9. Why does my pc continue to restart on its own saying it ran into a problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my pc continue to restart on its own saying it ran into a problem: My pc keeps running into and error and restarting. Pls what might be the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-pc-continue-to-restart-on-its-own/b20fb005-00e3-4fde-8b89-e861945b6ad3
  10. Why does my pc continue to restart on its own saying it ran into a problem