Windows 10: Windows 10 corrupted system after Windows 10 Update on May 31

Discus and support Windows 10 corrupted system after Windows 10 Update on May 31 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A Windows update was pushed to my machined on May 31. On Saturday June 3rd my machine had a strange shutdown. When I went to the window icon to turn it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Racco, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Racco Win User

Windows 10 corrupted system after Windows 10 Update on May 31

A Windows update was pushed to my machined on May 31. On Saturday June 3rd my machine had a strange shutdown. When I went to the window icon to turn it off, it would not open. I right-clicked it and a “menu” showed up with a shutdown option so I did. On Sunday start-up, the same window showed up (the windows icon did not turn blue when hovering and would not respond when clicked) and all my pinned programs were gone, the machine would not respond at all. All I had left were the shortcuts on the table top. I used the “This PC” shortcut to open the system and verified my data, saved on a separate drive from the OS, was Okay.
    Long story short, I was able to get to the “Control Panel” and did a “return to a previous version,” There was only one restart point, on May 31 prior to the update. This worked “partially,’ it gave an “error” message at the end saying that it was not totally successful. BUT, I got my pinned programs back and I have been limping the machine ever since.
    Tried to do a “backup” (my last one was in February), the backup system did not even know the backup disk was connected. On restart, the backup external disk did not light-up, even though the tray says it is there ready to be ejected? There must be other thing that are not working that, I don’t know about.
    I need help to get my machine back to a better level of “normal.”

:)

Racco, Jun 6, 2017

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jun 6, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Jun 6, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Please clarify: did you attempt to perform a system restore that failed? What information was there about what succeeded and what failed on the restore?

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste these commands:

1) winver (in the about windows pop up view your windows version and build and post into the forum)

2) sfc /scannow (this will check the integrity of the operating system) (it should take < 10 minutes)

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth (this will check the integrity of the operating system) (it should take < 10 minutes)

4) chkdsk /scan (this will check the status of files on the drive) (it should take < 10 minutes)

5) To post the results of scannow, restorehealth and chkdsk /scan: right click on the top bar of the administrative command prompt command box and left click on edit > left click select all > right click the top bar again > left click edit > left click copy > paste into the forum.

Place your computer in clean boot to check the performance of normal boot versus clean boot by opening system configuration with msconfig and opening task manager with taskmgr

TechNet Wiki

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows

7) msconfig (in the pop up move the dot from normal startup to selective startup, uncheck load startup options, click on the services tab, on the left lower corner check the box to hide all Microsoft services, on the right lower side click disable all, click apply or ok and do not reboot.)

8) taskmgr ( in the task manager pop up, click on the startup tab, click on the status column so that enable rises to the top, right click on each row that displays enable and change it to disable)

9) shutdown /r (reboot and monitor your performance on shutdown and reboot)

Check your performance in clean boot

View windows updates and post any KB# failures with error codes

zbook, Jun 6, 2017
  5. Racco Win User
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393](c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc/scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism/online/cleanup-image/restorehealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.14393.0Error: 87The online/cleanup-image/restorehealth option is unknown.For more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe /?.The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.logC:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk/scanThe type of the file system is NTFS.Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 377344 file records processed.File verification completed. 32295 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed.Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 478468 index entries processed.Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...Security descriptor verification completed. 50563 data files processed.CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 34036736 USN bytes processed.Usn Journal verification completed.Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.No further action is required. 233865215 KB total disk space. 64670044 KB in 217702 files. 153264 KB in 50564 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 509795 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 168532112 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 58466303 total allocation units on disk. 42133028 allocation units available on disk.C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Racco, Jun 7, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    You typed: dism/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth

That is incorrect. You should have typed it with spaces between each option. like this...
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 corrupted system after Windows 10 Update on May 31 - Similar Threads - corrupted system Update

2. Error 31 NVDIA graphics card after 28 May Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 31 NVDIA graphics card after 28 May Windows update: I have a NVDIA card so I can have 2 more monitors. After the 28 May Windows updatee, this no longer works. I see error 31 on the Device Manager for NVDIA GeForce GT370 and NVDIA GeForce RTX 2060. I disabled the devices and rebooted. The devices then still had the error. I...
  3. Error 31 NVDIA graphics card after 28 May Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 31 NVDIA graphics card after 28 May Windows update: I have a NVDIA card so I can have 2 more monitors. After the 28 May Windows updatee, this no longer works. I see error 31 on the Device Manager for NVDIA GeForce GT370 and NVDIA GeForce RTX 2060. I disabled the devices and rebooted. The devices then still had the error. I...
  4. Problems after 10/31/2020 Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after 10/31/2020 Windows 10 update: How to start. Multiple BSOD restarts with Stop code: PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA. What failed: cpuiz141 x64.sys After possibly 6 - 8 BSOD events and restarts, Windows finally came up with a basic blue windows background. All my task bar icons are gone. My desktop is gone...
  5. Frequent system errors after Windows 10 May update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent system errors after Windows 10 May update: I was forced to do a clean install after a failed Windows System 10 May update. Now the system is very unstable forcing me to reinstall Windows 10 at least 1x week. I have run Seagate and Dell Apps to make sure that there is no hard disk or memory errors. Dells BIOs and...
  6. Windows 10 May 2020 Update Failing - MCT Stuck at 31%, Update Assistant 99%

Windows 10 May 2020 Update Failing - MCT Stuck at 31%, Update Assistant 99%: Trying to manually update to Win10 May 2020 - 2004 build. Currently at 1909, regular 'Check for updates' does not detect anything needed. Looking at the update log Get-WindowsUpdateLog - it always ends with > 2020/06/12 11:35:33.8074436 14224 9372 Shared * END...
  7. Windows 10 Update 10/31/2019

Windows 10 Update 10/31/2019: I downloaded the Windows 10 update yesterday that wasn't intended for Home users and it wiped out everything on my laptop. I downloaded my files from Carbonite but they are nowhere to be found. How do I get the proper Windows 10 version for Home users back?...
  8. Error after WINDOWS 10 may update

Error after WINDOWS 10 may update: After windows 10 may update, my Lenovo laptop not working fine. After a few hours of use, it crashes and restarts with a blue screen error which shows Page Fault in Nonpaged Area. Can somebody tell me how to fix this?...
  9. windows 10 corrupted after update

windows 10 corrupted after update: My window 10 has been corrupted severely after recent update in june. I am not able to access anything on my pc. Either the application error 0x0000005 or some file system error pops up. I have tried all the solutions available online. But none of them worked since even the...
  10. Windows 10 update system completely corrupted

Windows 10 update system completely corrupted: Hi! After updating, windows 10 does not load properly, there is no internet access (trouble shooting says wifi adapter broken, cannot fix) windows icon not functional, desktop not loaded, most functions mute. How to fix? Thank you!!!!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 sudden update may 31

2. after windows update windows 10 is corrupted