Windows 10: Windows 10 Corrupts Anything I Download From The Internet

Discus and support Windows 10 Corrupts Anything I Download From The Internet in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For the past three days I have been unable to download anything from the internet. Whenever I download an exe file, it always ends up saying that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Noirsangre, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Corrupts Anything I Download From The Internet

For the past three days I have been unable to download anything from the internet. Whenever I download an exe file, it always ends up saying that the signature is corrupt or invalid (microsoft edge). Zip files downloaded too refuse to be unzipped. Using 7Zip, I get the data error and a blank folder. This is very very frustrating. I have tried running Malwarebytes and Windows defender all to no avail. Windows 10 is really getting frustrating. Please help.

:)

Noirsangre, Aug 5, 2016

2. Unable to download anything from the internet via Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer

Do you have access to another computer where you could download it, save it to a thumb drive then copy it to the target computer?

Andre Da Costa, Aug 5, 2016
  3. Unable to download anything from the internet via Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer

Not till Monday but I'll try it once I get the chance

Padraig Doyle, Aug 5, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Windows 10 Corrupts Anything I Download From The Internet

I assume the exe file is legitimate software and from an official source such as the developers website? If it is, if you post a link to the developers web page where you're trying to download it from, I will try it here tomorrow when I get time and see if I get the same error.

What type of Zip file are you having problems with (I.E. ZIP, 7Z, RAR)?

ARC1020, Aug 5, 2016
  5. I tried downloading MalwareBytes from the official website but was corrupted also. Same with CCleaner and Avast. All archived files get corrupted too. ZIP, 7Z, RAR, etc. It doesn't matter where I it from. It'll still get corrupted. I tried downloading the files with my brother's laptop and it went swimmingly.

Noirsangre, Aug 5, 2016
  6. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Tried using different browsers?

eLPuSHeR, Aug 5, 2016
  7. Xenoid Win User
    Hello,

I would suggest trying download with a different browser, for example, Firefox, Pale Moon or Chrome. Tell us if the files still get corrupt when downloading with non-Edge browser.

Xenoid, Aug 5, 2016
  8. Windows 10 Corrupts Anything I Download From The Internet

I have tried Opera, Chrome, Firefox, even bleeping IE! Still the same result.

Noirsangre, Aug 5, 2016
  9. cereberus Win User
    Sounds like something is corrupted in your installation.

Try running

sfc /scannow

from an admin command prompt.

If that does not work, I would either upgrade to latest version, or if already upgraded, do a repair upgrade.

Download iso, double click to mount as drive, and run setup.exe.

Windows 10

cereberus, Aug 5, 2016
  10. Sfc /scannow reported no integrity errors. I'm currently downloading Elementary OS with my brother's laptop. I'm sick of Windows and their buggy OS. Thanks anyway.

Noirsangre, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Corrupts Anything I Download From The Internet

1. Windows 10 Corrupts Anything I Download From The Internet - Similar Threads - Corrupts Anything Download

2. getting corrupt download from Windows download site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    getting corrupt download from Windows download site: When I download Server 2019 express from the link below, I get a corrupt file error on install. Could the source file be corrupt?Try Windows Server 2019 Essentials on Microsoft Evaluation Center...
  3. I download anything from Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I download anything from Microsoft store: Hi, I have been trying to download apps from the Microsoft store but It says I have to update my system to install the product and on the system requirements I am met with this [ATTACH] But if I check system information my computer's architecture is 64bit and I have...
  4. Internet crashing when I download anything.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet crashing when I download anything.: I dont know what it is? I am trying to download hyper scape but it just crashes my internet only on my pc. I cant figure out what it is. I disabled power management but it still doesn't work. I have a 5 3600x 2060super 16g tp- link for wifi. And its not just that it does it...
  5. Cannot download anything from Windows 10 Store

Cannot download anything from Windows 10 Store: I had to reset my PC and start over but for some reason I cannot download any apps/updates from the Microsoft Store. I tried resetting the store, clearing the cache signing out and back but it still will not download. eventually I get the something unexpected happened Error...
  6. Can not download anything from the internet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can not download anything from the internet: I am trying to download files off of the internet to MOD a game i play. i click download and once it reaches 100% a pop up says blank contained a virus and has been deleted. i watched some viedos and they said to disable antivirus settings in windows security center. After...
  7. Can't download anything from Windows 10 store?

Can't download anything from Windows 10 store?: I Keep getting Error Code: 0x80090305. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-anything-from-windows-10-store/ac8c2a5e-e6fc-4aaf-8634-a5d5f7f818c5"
  8. cant download or save anything from the internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant download or save anything from the internet: after a recent automatic update of windows 10, I cant download or save anything from the internet. ran recovery to set windows back to an earlier date before the recent update. receive message that recovery wasn't successful because it couldn't access a file. need help....
  9. I can browse the internet but can't download anything.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can browse the internet but can't download anything.: I'm able to open up a browser and go to websites but when i try to download anything my internet disconnects. I cant even get my Xbox to connect to the network but my phone connects and works just fine....
  10. Unable to download anything from windows 10 store! :(

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to download anything from windows 10 store! :(: Hi, I bought a Dell inspiron I15RV laptop 2 years ago. It had windows 8, i upgraded to windows 8.1. The store was working fine. I was able to download apps and games. But unfortunately, few months ago my store stopped working. I tried almost everything but reset the...