Windows 10: Windows 10 Could Kill Patch Tuesday Once and for All

Discus and support Windows 10 Could Kill Patch Tuesday Once and for All in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 is becoming a game changer for Microsoft, as it's supposed to help the company continue its domination in the desktop industry, increase its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, May 5, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows 10 Could Kill Patch Tuesday Once and for All

Source

:)

labeeman, May 5, 2015
  2. 888jay Win User

Is there a way to stop automatic updates?

Original title: Patch Tuesday

As usual I got my 218.7MB Windows Update yesterday because it was "Patch Tuesday," the second Tuesday of the month where Microsoft dumps a ton of updates on your computer.

In Windows 10 all updates will be automatic and there are no controls such as "notify only." I travel a lot so what happens when I'm in a place with limited wireless like an airport or hotel? Do I just twiddle my thumbs for an hour or two? Is there any way
    to kill the update in case I might want to do something constructive between flights?

I know you like to make things "idiot-proof" but sometimes it goes too far. Instead, what you're telling me is that I'm too much of an idiot to manage my own updates.

Best,

Jay

888jay, May 5, 2015
  3. G.Ilex Win User
    Microsoft 950 XL Windows 10 mobile phone cannot open PDF files

Is a known bug with the latest patch tuesday update.

If it all goes as planned it should be fixed with the next patch tuesday upgrade

G.Ilex, May 5, 2015
  4. Wenda Win User

Just so long as I get to choose: 1/ Which updates are installed and 2/ When they are installed.

If that incredibly-annoying forced-update rubbish they have in the betas becomes permanent, that would definitely be a game-breaker for me.

Wenda, May 5, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    This is a good thing but I agree with Wenda.

Gary, May 5, 2015
  6. labeeman Win User
    *Ditto

labeeman, May 5, 2015
  7. besb Win User
    Totally agree for 2 months 10 has been trying to update a nvidia gts450 driver that fails every time and I cant stop it*Sleepy

besb, May 5, 2015
  8. Mystere Win User

Microsoft is releasing a new version of Windows Update for Business called.. well, Windows Update for Business. This is sort of like WSUS, but allows enterprises to choose which updates to install on all their systems directly from Windows Update. I imagine WSUS will still be around to give local caches.

This allows enterprises to choose to update when they want, and allows updates to go out when they're available.

Mystere, May 5, 2015
  9. Vladimir Win User
    The removal of Windows Update applet from Control Panel made me sick

*Sad

Vladimir, May 5, 2015
  10. Having Windows Update locked would be a deal breaker for me, but I don't see them doing that in the finale release. Right now they just want the updates installed to get feed back, like the trying to make you upgrade install instead of clean installing. Good or bad its all for info gathering. It just isn't going to work, especially for driver updates, if its locked in the ON position.

alphanumeric, May 6, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    The key word to keep in mind here is "could". MS might keep something like patch Tuesday and if they don't they'll keep some update process in place. For me.. this is a non issue.

Jeff

BunnyJ, May 6, 2015
  12. Yes, there will still be updates, patch Tuesday or no patch Tuesday. They just won't hold them until the next patch Tuesday. It will go back to the way it was before they instituted patch Tuesday. I guess we got a little off track with the locked unlocked thing.

alphanumeric, May 6, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

I agree that having a fixed date for updates was a great idea and I hope MS keeps that concept.. that way users can know when to look for updates or not be shocked when the suddenly happen.

BunnyJ, May 6, 2015
  14. Should be called Patch Wednesday, that's when I see the updates *Smile

paulsalter, May 6, 2015
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    How about patch today. *Wink

BunnyJ, May 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Could Kill Patch Tuesday Once and for All - Similar Threads - Kill Patch Tuesday

2. Missed Patch Tuesday

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missed Patch Tuesday: Hello, Have a question about Patch Tuesday, i can't get general answer about it and need advice. So in company for some reason was missed two month Patch Tuesday on endpoints, now need to renew it. Question is: does January Patch Tuesday contains missed month security...
  3. This Week in IT – Is Microsoft Killing Off Patch Tuesday?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This Week in IT – Is Microsoft Killing Off Patch Tuesday?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IT_PRO_21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/u9n8kx/this_week_in_it_is_microsoft_killing_off_patch/
  4. Patch tuesday Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Patch tuesday Windows Update: After build 22000.282, but patch tuesday, update third build windows 11 22000.278, it is correct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/patch-tuesday-windows-update/a9b5e468-8d7b-483f-a3e1-a85b09fdb569
  5. Patch Tuesday Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Patch Tuesday Problems: I recently updated to the 2004 update with no issues. However, since the patch Tuesday update that was issued yesterday, my computer has been having serious problems out of the blue. Office apps won’t open (I tried to uninstall and reinstall, it won’t reinstall) Random...
  6. Patch Tuesday

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Patch Tuesday: I update an old win7 system to win10 (1903) a few months ago -- all was working find (a bit slow --- old hardware) until August's (2019) patch day --- I think there were 2 update --- one failed -- KB4512508 -- and when the OS reboot -- it was a nightmare I noticed...
  7. Patch Tuesday is active

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Patch Tuesday is active: CU for most every thing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/patch-tuesday-is-active/ca9a1cd7-23e1-4452-bef4-71b5f180ad0b
  8. Patch Tuesday tomorrow?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Patch Tuesday tomorrow?: Does anyone know if the usual slew of patch Tuesday updates are due tomorrow ? I wonder if last Tuesday being a non working day for new year whether MS would class the 2nd Tuesday release for the 15th (if they follow a 2nd working Tuesday schedule) 124841
  9. No patch tuesday in January?

No patch tuesday in January?: That's weird? No Patch Tuesday this month? Yes, I did receive sóme updates (only the Windows Defender update and the mal. removal tool update and an Flash update...) but that's it for January 2018? 102035
  10. Patch Tuesday KB120677

Patch Tuesday KB120677: New cumulative update KB120677 No issues here. Follow this link for further information. https://support.microsoft.com/pt-pt/kb/3120677 31406