Windows 10: Windows 10 couldn't be installed - with error codes

Discus and support Windows 10 couldn't be installed - with error codes in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, hope you can help I have a relatively new laptop that i bought last year just before windows 10 came out, it originally had Windows 8.1 but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KristoBisto, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Windows 10 couldn't be installed - with error codes

Hello, hope you can help

I have a relatively new laptop that i bought last year just before windows 10 came out, it originally had Windows 8.1 but came with the free upgrade and i upgraded without a hitch at the time and used Windows 10 without any issues until my hard drive recently became corrupt. In the end it was a hardware fault and i purchased a new HDD, from a recovery disk my PC then installed windows 8.1 onto the HDD and it has ran fine. I have done all relevant driver and win 8.1 updates.

I then went to upgrade to Windows 10, my laptop had ran this before and it was already prompting me to do so. A quick check on the Windows website confirms i can do this up until end of July.
    I went through the normal upgrade process, downloading the small Windows 10 upgrading application they provide. It downloaded the update and seemed to be installing it fine, however as it got to the end of the process after restarting it told me it was then reverting back to the previous OS. Once this had been done, i logged into the Windows 8.1 and it came with telling me there was an error (code 0xc7700112).
    I checked online and apparently trying different ways of upgrading sometimes helps, so i went to upgrade through the regular Windows Update. Again the same thing happened but this time error 8007002C-4000D was showing.

The only change is the HDD, which is exactly the same Seagate range but instead of the Hybrid 8GB SSD + 1000GB HDD, it's now a Hybrid 32GB SSD + 1000GB HDD.

I can't see what the problem could be, can anyone help and perhaps explain the error codes?

Thanks,

Kris

:)

KristoBisto, Jun 30, 2016

2. WindowsUpdate_80070714" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

This is the error:

Windows 10 couldn't be installed

error:

Code 80070714 Windows Update encountered an unknown error.

printer Dell 1100, Jun 30, 2016
  3. Windows update encountered an unknown error

Windows 10 couldn't be installed. Error code displayed 8007007E

laguna_7258, Jun 30, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Windows 10 couldn't be installed - with error codes

Create usb installation stick using link below, boot from it, select custom install, delete all partitions on new drive (be careful if multiple drives), and install skipping entry of keys (not needed as you have upgraded),

Windows 10

cereberus, Jun 30, 2016
  5. Thanks for the swift reply Cereberus, has this been known to fix the problems i have mentioned?
    I did actually try this originally to upgrade but with a USB ext hard drive. However the Media Creation Tool didn't recognise it to put the installation media onto it, any thoughts?

KristoBisto, Jun 30, 2016
  6. cereberus Win User
    You cannot install from a usb hard drive - needs to be a flash drive or DVD.

Use latest version and it should install without any issues.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 couldn't be installed - with error codes

1. Windows 10 couldn't be installed - with error codes - Similar Threads - couldn't installed error

2. Couldn't install windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Couldn't install windows 10: Hi, I need some help to fix my problem regarding why I always couldn't install windows 10 until its finish,and always stop and automaticly shut down my pc,when im try to start again my pc return back at my old windows 8.1,the installation failed in the FIRST-BOOT phase with...
  3. Windows 10 couldn't startup error code 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 couldn't startup error code 0xc000007b: Windows 10 couldn't boot shows a blue screen with error code 0xc000007b system restore, uninstall updates, startup repair or cmd doesn't work how can I startup my pc...
  4. Error Code: 0x80070005 (One Drive Couldn't Be Installed)

Error Code: 0x80070005 (One Drive Couldn't Be Installed): I uninstalled <Microsoft One Drive> since it didn't work then I download a One Drive set-up then the error code pop up. What should I do to successfully download One Drive. Btw, I'm on Windows 10 Pro Ver. 1803 OS build 17134.753 ....
  5. Windows 10 couldn't be installed

Windows 10 couldn't be installed: Hi there, I've been trying to install Windows 10 but I keep getting error messages similar to: "Failed: 1 update Error(s) found: C1900101-2000C Windows Update encountered an unknown error." How do I fix it? Cheers, Stefan...
  6. Windows 10 couldn't be installed

Windows 10 couldn't be installed: error found: C1900101-30018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-couldnt-be-installed/d22a0b40-16e6-4475-bd9a-bba64e6ff5f3
  7. "Windows 10 couldn't be installed"

"Windows 10 couldn't be installed": Hi, I have been receiving the following error notification for the past couple of weeks, in Windows 10: "Windows can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware." I've been putting off resolving it, in fear it would require...
  8. windows 10 couldn't install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 couldn't install: i was looking around windows update to see if i could update my pc to windows 10 but it already tried to ,i didn't get a notification or a loading screen for it . what should i do? [img] 9724
  9. Windows 10 couldn't be installed. Code 80240016.

Windows 10 couldn't be installed. Code 80240016.: While installing the Windows 10 updates and finished it and it made until to 100%, but I received an error. "Windows 10 couldn't be installed Code 80240016" Then, I found a solution to my problem and I followed it by unchecking the Turn real-time protection in...
  10. "Windows 10 couldn't be installed" Error code 80070005

"Windows 10 couldn't be installed" Error code 80070005: I have never had a problem installing updates to Win 8.1 and all important updates are fully installed. Every time I try to update to Win10 it says "downloading Windows 10 - checking requirements" and then I get the above error message. Any help would be much appreciated!...