Windows 10: Windows 10 crash/freeze after attempted login

Discus and support Windows 10 crash/freeze after attempted login in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, just upgraded from win 7 to win 10, the system boots up fine untill i get to a blue screen that says, "Hi there, welcome back!" followed by a space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Gaben, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Gaben Win User

Windows 10 crash/freeze after attempted login

Hi, just upgraded from win 7 to win 10, the system boots up fine untill i get to a blue screen that says, "Hi there, welcome back!" followed by a space for my password. Where the trouble starts is if i enter my password the computer does a sort of freeze, everything stays still though i can still move my mouse, everything else is frozen. During this i cannot interact with my computer in any single way but moving my mouse. After a minute or two the screen goes white and crashes or just crashes. Then the computer just restarts and does the cycle again. I have no clue how to fix this.

(EDIT: It only crashes if i put in the correct password.)

:)

Gaben, Jul 31, 2015

2. Login hangs after entering password

Repro:

• Boot up Win 10 after latest update
    • Enter correct password for Microsoft account
    • Attempt to login
    Result : Login freezes and I am not able to log in.

Hard boot is required.

BrianFalkner, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Vidgeotto Win User
    Windows 10 not responding

As of last night my computer installed and upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. This morning when I attempted to login to my computer, every time I type in my password and login, the whole entire login screen would freeze and not respond.

Vidgeotto, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Windows 10 crash/freeze after attempted login

First thing I'd try is booting into safe mode and removing your graphics driver and attempting to boot into Windows normally to reinstall the driver. If not, try running the recovery utility (seen in the same link as posted for sleep mode).

fracking4oil, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Gaben Win User
    Okay i found out that if i unplug everything execpt keyboard i can get pass the screen. Dont understand why but thats the fix. Thanks anyway though.

Gaben, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Seems if you disable the login screen(Welcome) it fixes kinda. . Since you are skipping that process

Phrosty420, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 crash/freeze after attempted login

1. Windows 10 crash/freeze after attempted login - Similar Threads - crash freeze attempted

2. Windows 10/Desktop Freeze After Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/Desktop Freeze After Login: Hi,As shown in the image, after login the desktop freeze after login.Even after waiting for half a day, nothing happen. The cursor keep loading at the bottom. Cannot go to Task Manager or any other function.Right click, cannot enter Display Setting or Personalize or any other...
  3. Windows 10/Desktop Freeze After Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10/Desktop Freeze After Login: Hi,As shown in the image, after login the desktop freeze after login.Even after waiting for half a day, nothing happen. The cursor keep loading at the bottom. Cannot go to Task Manager or any other function.Right click, cannot enter Display Setting or Personalize or any other...
  4. Windows 10/Desktop Freeze After Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Login screen blank after update attempt Windows 10

Login screen blank after update attempt Windows 10: Hello. Acer V13 laptop, Windows 10 with most of the latest updates excluding one. I have been trying to install an update which failed 3 times. Then i downloaded it and tried to install manually - failed. Then i run MSCONFIG, selected safe boot minimal and reboot. After...
  6. Windows 10 freezes after login

Windows 10 freezes after login: It happened to me when I was browsing the internet, PC suddenly frozen and couldn't do anything, only mouse cursor was visible and I could move it, so I restarted, after that I couldn't run the PC correctly, cause it would always freeze after signing in. After some time the...
  7. Freezes after login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freezes after login: Every time I restart or shut down my computer, there is a chance where my computer freezes after I login. Also it attempts to update but it doesn’t even update anyways since I check the update history and it says it failed. So pretty much it resets twice. My desktop shows up...
  8. Windows 10 Freezing after login

Windows 10 Freezing after login: my HP laptop keep freezing after log in, it works for about 5 minutes as maximum then windows totally freezes, I have tried many solutions from the internet but unfortunately it was solved for 2 days then it comes back. I have run it in the safemode, and it is totally...
  9. Windows 10 crashing/freezing after update attempt.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 crashing/freezing after update attempt.: Hi, I have a dell inspiron laptop running windows 10. It's around 5 yrs old and has been running perfectly. About two weeks ago it tried to downloading a windows update. Something must've gone wrong because I got a message saying something along the lines of could not install...
  10. Windows desktop freezes + crashes after login

Windows desktop freezes + crashes after login: As the title says, the whole desktop freezes after I've logged in. I can get the Ctrl + Alt + Delete menu up but task manager wont appear until the desktop finally sorts itself out. My wallpaper doesn't appear while it's frozen (grey screen) and the little cortana mic is also...