Windows 10: Windows 10 crashed and now stuck in restart loop with a blue screen

Discus and support Windows 10 crashed and now stuck in restart loop with a blue screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, I am hoping you can help me. Last night I was watching a dvd on my desktop when all of a sudden a blue screen came up with a frowning face... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vagahan, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Vagahan Win User

Windows 10 crashed and now stuck in restart loop with a blue screen

Hey guys, I am hoping you can help me. Last night I was watching a dvd on my desktop when all of a sudden a blue screen came up with a frowning face and said that "Your computer ran into a problem and needs to restart, its collecting info and will restart." It happened quickly so I didn't see what the error was but now my PC is stuck in a loop where it restarts and loads into an empty blue screen. It stays on that blue screen for a minute or so and then restarts again. I tried going into my BIOS or starting in safe mode but my PC won't go into them. Can I fix this?

:)

Vagahan, Aug 10, 2015

2. Restart blue screen loop, FAT_FILE_SYSTEM and NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

Basically my laptop crashed whilst I was out of the room, and is now stuck in a loop of blue screen then automatic restart. It tries to boot normally, and gets the NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM blue screen, then tries to boot with some automatic repair mode, where
    I get the FAT_FILE_SYSTEM blue screen. Any idea what to do?

HarryYoung317, Aug 10, 2015
  3. JienaHuff Win User
    Windows 10 Blue Screen

How do you do a complete reset? I'm stuck in the same loop. Windows 10 updated itself and now I have a blue screen that just says restarting but never restarts

JienaHuff, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Windows 10 crashed and now stuck in restart loop with a blue screen

if you can create a windows 10 boot USB pen it might help, would need to do from another PC or a friend, make sure you chose the same version use windows media creator to download and install windows 10
    to a USB pen, then boot from this and choose repair....option in bottom left of screen after entering language etc.....it also has option to go back to a previous restore point if you have set one....

reddwarf4ever, Aug 10, 2015
  5. Vagahan Win User
    Alright, doing that now. Wish me luck. I don't know if this means anything but I thought I'll post it here just in case. I upgraded to windows 10 on Friday with no problems. I did not force the upgrade, I used the pop up that said my upgrade was ready. I did not do a clean install after the upgrade and the only issue I had was I kept getting pop ups say I plugged a device into my audio jack and it would immediately say I unplugged a device. It wasn't causing any problems and I couldn't get it to stop, so I just hid the pop ups. Could this have contributed to my problem?

Vagahan, Aug 10, 2015
  6. hi windows 10 has some issues with audio cards / drivers etc, my laptop,lost its audio, till I found a solution....might be something to sort out later....but shouldn't be the problem....and good luck

7. Vagahan Win User
    Alright, I created a windows 10 boot on my usb. Startup repair can't fix it, System restore says "To use System Restore, you must specify which Windows to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system, and then select System Restore." Finally, there is Go Back To Previous Build. That says "If you are running into problems with your current preview build, going back to the previous build might fix them. This wont affect your personal files, but you'll lose any changes you've made to apps and settings since your most recent upgrade." Would this option take me back to windows 7? That would be ideal since that is what I am going to do once I get this fixed. Also, I am an idiot. I was able to get to my BIOS, I was hitting F8 when I should have been hitting Delete.

Vagahan, Aug 10, 2015
  8. Windows 10 crashed and now stuck in restart loop with a blue screen

honestly not sure if previous build means previous windows 10 update or windows 7......I thought there was an option with the USB boot disk to revert to previous OS......have a look.......

9. Vagahan Win User
    Where would that be?

Vagahan, Aug 10, 2015
  10. will have. a look when get chance

11. ok just booted with USB pen...look at troubleshooting....there you can do startup repair.....reset PC....option to keep files and settings....or use another OS.....mine just gave 10 and safe mode ( which I setup in msconfig boot mode)......good luck

12. Vagahan Win User
    On mine it says keep my files or remove everything. I click on keep my files and it says "The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again"

Vagahan, Aug 10, 2015
  13. Windows 10 crashed and now stuck in restart loop with a blue screen

think you have an option for command prompt.....if so could try some repair commands......sfc /scannow

14. Vagahan Win User
    Just did that. It says "There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart windows and run sfc again."

Vagahan, Aug 10, 2015
  15. some other commands you can try....

all else fails you can run repair commands to fix the boot record

with bootrec.exe

bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec.exe /fixboot
    bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd

not sure if
    bootrec /fixmbr is meant to be bootrec.exe. etc or if the others should have .exe omitted.....getting out of my depth......searching on google for you

Thema:

Windows 10 crashed and now stuck in restart loop with a blue screen

1. Windows 10 crashed and now stuck in restart loop with a blue screen - Similar Threads - crashed stuck restart

2. Stuck in a blue screen loop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in a blue screen loop?: Not sure how to resolve this and talking with MS didn’t help either. Hopefully, someone here can assist. The PC is less than a couple of years old and was hardly used up until recently. Here’s what happened:Set my computer to sleep but it must’ve stayed on and ran out of...
  3. Stuck in a blue screen loop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in a blue screen loop?: Not sure how to resolve this and talking with MS didn’t help either. Hopefully, someone here can assist. The PC is less than a couple of years old and was hardly used up until recently. Here’s what happened:Set my computer to sleep but it must’ve stayed on and ran out of...
  4. Stuck in a Blue Screen Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in a Blue Screen Loop: I booted up my PC to see that instead of the normal login screen, the blue "Select Account" screen was displayed. I couldn't remember the password to the Admin account, so I clicked the Restart button. When I restart, I receive the "Your device ran into a problem and needs to...
  5. Stuck in a Blue Screen Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in a Blue Screen Loop: I booted up my PC to see that instead of the normal login screen, the blue "Select Account" screen was displayed. I couldn't remember the password to the Admin account, so I clicked the Restart button. When I restart, I receive the "Your device ran into a problem and needs to...
  6. Stuck in a Blue Screen Loop

7. Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop: Hello, Today I had a 0.5 second power outage that caused my PC to restart. Since then every time I start Windows Explorer keeps crashing every second, task bar is blinking, not responding and the only way I can run anything is by using process manager and starting everything...
  8. Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop

Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop: Hello, Today I had a 0.5 second power outage that caused my PC to restart. Since then every time I start Windows Explorer keeps crashing every second, task bar is blinking, not responding and the only way I can run anything is by using process manager and starting everything...
  9. Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop

10. Stuck in a blue screen loop

Stuck in a blue screen loop: So my laptop keeps going to a blue screen. It won’t even restart on its own. When I turn it off and back on it just goes back to the blue screen before windows has a chance to load. Before this began happening the audio would not play and there was a small ‘x’ on the sound...