Windows 10: Windows 10 crashes during sleep if SonicWall Global VPN is connected

Discus and support Windows 10 crashes during sleep if SonicWall Global VPN is connected in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I used to run on Windows 8.1 Pro, and had various trouble with SonicWall Global. Once I installed Windows 10, the VPN stopped working, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by davidwhitehill, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Windows 10 crashes during sleep if SonicWall Global VPN is connected

I used to run on Windows 8.1 Pro, and had various trouble with SonicWall Global.

Once I installed Windows 10, the VPN stopped working, and I eventually got it working again by installing the network adapter manually per this thread (add legacy hardware)

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...17f2a14?page=3

However, after that, I got the ndis.sys blue screen when I let my computer go to sleep WHILE the VPN is running. This was never an issue before. I don't get a blue screen if the computer sleeps with the VPN off or disconnected.

Before it is suggested, I can't work with out SonicWall unfortunately. It is what my office uses for whatever reason.

Thanks!

dump:
    Attachment 38158

:)

davidwhitehill, Sep 17, 2015

2. Cisco VPN stopped working

Cisco VPN stopped working after Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176936) (2016.09.30.)

It has been running through DELL SonicWall global VPN,
    but after the renewal stopped.

I Reinstalled CISCO VPN on
    Dell SonicWall but the result
    is not.

GirtsBerzins, Sep 17, 2015
  3. upgraded to windows 10, now no network hardware detected

To whom it applies,

The issue for me was caused by the global sonicwall VPN client. When Windows 10 upgraded, for whatever reason it replaced my network adapters with the sonicwall VPN adapter.

The solution was to revert to 8.1, uninstall the VPN client, and re-upgrade windows 10.

It's a known bug with the upgrade process and has happened to all of my colleagues.

Hope this helps...

PeterCipolletti, Sep 17, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Windows 10 crashes during sleep if SonicWall Global VPN is connected

Hi davidwhitehill,

Welcome to the 10forums.

The problem is that a driver from the VPN is extremely old.
    It is the reason why it is not compatible with windows 10, updating might help.

Also, there are problems with the sleep function of windows 10.
    It is better to not use the sleep function until Microsoft fixes it.

Code: 0: kd> lmvm swvnicstart end module name fffff801`ed010000 fffff801`ed01a000 swvnic T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: swvnic.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\swvnic.sys Image name: swvnic.sys Timestamp: Mon Feb 23 04:04:50 2009 (49A21252) CheckSum: 0000E9AF ImageSize: 0000A000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please disable every startup item in taskmanager except for your AV/AM.
    The startup items could interfere with the boot process giving you a lot of trouble.

Thema:

Windows 10 crashes during sleep if SonicWall Global VPN is connected

1. Windows 10 crashes during sleep if SonicWall Global VPN is connected - Similar Threads - crashes during sleep

2. Constant crashes during sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant crashes during sleep mode: HiFollow up on my still occuring problem : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-crashes-during-sleep-mode/437bfd6d-7056-4df1-912f-f8c1a2234574> I am experiencing constant crashes while my computer is in sleep mode.> I have 2 GPUs RTX 3080 + RTX 2080,...
  3. Dump due to Global Protect VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dump due to Global Protect VPN: Hello, I am receiving dump everytime i open the Global protect VPN. Not sure what hasc caused the issue.I am using Windows 11 and McAfee Anti virus is installed.There are many solutions that Mcafee uninstallation resolved the issue. But i dont want to uninstall since it...
  4. Dump due to Global Protect VPN

Dump due to Global Protect VPN: Hello, I am receiving dump everytime i open the Global protect VPN. Not sure what hasc caused the issue.I am using Windows 11 and McAfee Anti virus is installed.There are many solutions that Mcafee uninstallation resolved the issue. But i dont want to uninstall since it...
  5. Constant crashes during sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant crashes during sleep mode: Hi,I am experiencing constant crashes while my computer enters sleep mode. I have 2 GPUs RTX 3080 + RTX 2080, and I have just reinstalled nvidia drivers using DDU. Issue continues.Here is my minidump : Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25111.1000 AMD64Copyright c...
  6. Windows 11 crashing during sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 crashing during sleep: I've installed Windows 11 on my laptop recently and it keeps crashing during sleep. I went in event viewer and this is what it says:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000013a 0x0000000000000011, 0xffffcc0797602140, 0xffffcc079bf6e280,...
  7. Windows 11 crashing during sleep

Windows 11 crashing during sleep: I've installed Windows 11 on my laptop recently and it keeps crashing during sleep. I went in event viewer and this is what it says:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000013a 0x0000000000000011, 0xffffcc0797602140, 0xffffcc079bf6e280,...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Crashing after connecting to VPN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro Crashing after connecting to VPN: Recently, every time I connect to a VPN my computer it crashes to a Windows blue screen. I'm lost, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-crashing-after-connecting-to-vpn/901f9913-658f-41e6-aa00-0dd765cc9629
  9. VPN connection causing Windows to crash

VPN connection causing Windows to crash: Hello! Whenever I start a VPN connection my Windows crashes within the minute. Could anybody, please, help me figure out what is going on? This is the link for the minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Asx6GGXIr2Fvg6MFmGdL8omMzeuFdQ?e=tcddt4 Thank you!...
  10. Consistent BSOD's that stemming from SonicWall Global VPN Client

Consistent BSOD's that stemming from SonicWall Global VPN Client: I have a Windows 10 Laptop (Dell) that consistently reboots when the user is at home and trying to get work done via VPN through the SonicWall Global VPN Client. There are 50 dmp files in the attached zip file, so plenty to analyze. From the ones that I looked at, all the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 crashes during sleep