Windows 10: Windows 10 crashes to Bios randomly

Discus and support Windows 10 crashes to Bios randomly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This happens a couple of times per week, I'll leave the laptop on, come back an hour or several later and the Bios screen is up. Powering off is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by buksida, Apr 30, 2017.

1. buksida Win User

Windows 10 crashes to Bios randomly

This happens a couple of times per week, I'll leave the laptop on, come back an hour or several later and the Bios screen is up.

Powering off is the only way out of it and then the system reboots, bypassing my Linux Grub menu, straight into Windows again (which takes forever). It did this before I installed Linux on a different partition (which works perfectly).

The system event viewer has this error message:

I've Googled this and there are a few registry fixes offered as solutions however I get access/permission denied when editing this part of the registry.

Any suggestions welcome!

:)

buksida, Apr 30, 2017

2. Windows 10 Driver crash after sign in

I tried the things you've recommended and it has changed the problem. Now instead of crashing instantly it will now randomly crash. I did a memory test and found no errors. I did find logs in the event viewer about crashes being unexpected and kernel power
    errors. Could this be the problem? It says it is a bios firmware error, I have not touched anything in the bios except for boot orders.

Ajacobs9782, Apr 30, 2017
  3. win 10 freezing and apps crashing

win 10 loads normally but then randomly crashes programs or freezes

SteveSealy, Apr 30, 2017
  4. Windows 10 crashes to Bios randomly

Hi buksida. Welcome to the TenForums @buksida

This article shows you how to take control.

https://www.howtogeek.com/262464/how...registry-keys/

Are you sure this isn't happening as a result of misbehaving sleep / hibernation? I would first disable hibernation before I altered registry key permissions and values. Disabling hibernation also disables Windows Fast Startup but worth a test.

Before changing registry ensure you have a backup of registry, a restore point and I would strongly recommend you Image your system with a tool like Macrium Reflect.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 30, 2017
  5. buksida Win User
    Thanks Ken, have disabled hibernation and will post here if it happens again!

buksida, Apr 30, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    That entry in Event Viewer is normal, I see it in lots of them while working on BSODs.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 crashes to Bios randomly

1. Windows 10 crashes to Bios randomly - Similar Threads - crashes Bios randomly

2. WINDOWS 10 CRASH AND THEN REBOOTING INTO BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 10 CRASH AND THEN REBOOTING INTO BIOS: So my pc just restarted but it restarted into bios, not recognizing my ssd. But after switched psu off and on again it booted normally on my windows. here are some photos:i always have this problem even after reinstalling windows 3 times. is something that i miss? or is some...
  3. WINDOWS 10 CRASH AND THEN REBOOTING INTO BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 10 CRASH AND THEN REBOOTING INTO BIOS: So my pc just restarted but it restarted into bios, not recognizing my ssd. But after switched psu off and on again it booted normally on my windows. here are some photos:i always have this problem even after reinstalling windows 3 times. is something that i miss? or is some...
  4. WINDOWS 10 CRASH AND THEN REBOOTING INTO BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random Crashes Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crashes Windows 10: Hello everybody, I would like to submit to you the following problem that I have been experiencing for about 2 months regarding my system. My PC Crashes suddenly, especially after it crashes for the first time during the day, it doesn't happen again during the day if left on....
  6. My computer running Windows 10 randomly crashes and boots into the BIOS

My computer running Windows 10 randomly crashes and boots into the BIOS: So recently i've been getting alot of crashes with a repeating pattern. I usually do work/game in the evening, but when i do my activities, the computer seemingly freezes then turns off. After it turns off it will reboot into the BIOS, when i try rebooting to my Windows 10...
  7. Windows 10 randomly crashing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 randomly crashing.: Random times when I’m using my computer it will randomly give me a blue screen error. There’s no rhyme or reason to it, whether I’m downloading files or playing Minecraft, after 10 seconds or 10 hours, it will give me a blue screen eventually. I have completely wiped my PC,...
  8. Windows 10 crashing randomly

Windows 10 crashing randomly: I have had quite the problem with Windows 10 crashing randomly on me. Here's my system's info: MB: ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS RAM: two Kingston 16GB, 2133 MHz sticks CPU: i7-930 2.8GHz LGA 1366 GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 System drive: Samsung 850 EVO - 500gig The system...
  9. Windows 10 Crashes Into BIOS

Windows 10 Crashes Into BIOS: Built my system roughly two weeks ago. Since then, at least 6 different times, I will come back into the room to see it sitting on the BIOS screen. I can move the mouse around and exit, but end up having to hard reboot and after that it boots fine. Nothing is overclocked, all...
  10. Windows 10 randomly crashing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 randomly crashing: Hi. First off if I'm posting this in the wrong section, I'm sorry, but I'm in a bit of a rush. Windows 10 has been crashing on me constantly and it's even worse since it's not a blue screen, so I don't have a code to go off of or anything. After doing more research I've...