Windows 10: Windows 10 crashing and only boots in Safe Mode.

Discus and support Windows 10 crashing and only boots in Safe Mode. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So last night my computer froze, not BSOD, just froze. I had to manually restart as I couldn't open the task manager or anything. When I did that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by USBombs, Mar 1, 2016.

1. USBombs Win User

Windows 10 crashing and only boots in Safe Mode.

So last night my computer froze, not BSOD, just froze. I had to manually restart as I couldn't open the task manager or anything. When I did that it would get to the Windows splash screen and then the monitor would lose a signal and I'm assuming it froze again.

I was able to start in Safe Mode no problem, (although I'm having trouble getting things done due to an error about a Base Administrator Account). I did a system restore, which allowed me to log back in regularly for about a minute until the problem re-occured.

At this point all I can get is safe-mode. Any ideas?

:)

USBombs, Mar 1, 2016

2. Constant BSOD crashes

no there was no driver listed as well.

I will try running it again after you respond to this.

But it won't fully restart, I will only be able to boot windows in safe mode.

Does it need to restart and THEN crash before driver verifier will start running? If so should I try getting it to crash in safe mode as well?

at what point will a usable .dmp file be created? only after booting back in to windows fully and crashing?

Snowflakenzl, Mar 1, 2016
  3. Crash after install of windows 10

My laptop crashed after installing windows 10....it will only flash on and off after restart. I can't boot up in safe mode. How do I fix this issue

ConnieSlaw, Mar 1, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 crashing and only boots in Safe Mode.

1. Windows 10 crashing and only boots in Safe Mode. - Similar Threads - crashing boots Safe

2. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking: Have a PC which won’t boot into windows 10. Was working until recently. It hangs on the windows loading screen.I can reboot into safe mode fine but I want to save files to usb as a backup. Many are one OneDrive so won’t allow me to do this. If I boot into safe mode with...
  3. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking: Have a PC which won’t boot into windows 10. Was working until recently. It hangs on the windows loading screen.I can reboot into safe mode fine but I want to save files to usb as a backup. Many are one OneDrive so won’t allow me to do this. If I boot into safe mode with...
  4. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 - Can suddenly only boot in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Can suddenly only boot in safe mode: My system suddenly started booting into a blue screen that says it encountered a problem with startup and will reboot. After few tries, I can choose from different Startup Options and Safe Mode with network still works. I plugged in a freshly created Windows 10 Boot Media USB...
  6. Windows 10 boots only in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 boots only in safe mode: I recently updated my laptop (HP ProBook 6470b) to windows 10. All went well , and I started to install the windows updates (just as everyone does) around a minute or so , the screen goes black. I can see the cursor , but nothing else. The windows also played some sounds. I...
  7. Windows only works in safe mode, Crash in normal mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows only works in safe mode, Crash in normal mode: Hey Microsoft community! I need your knowledge right now! I rely on my PC more than ever right now while working from home and the issue I have is causing more stress than I need. The Problem For well over 4 months now, I have been experiencing a system crash that comes...
  8. Windows 10- Can only boot in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10- Can only boot in Safe Mode: PC working fine this morning, tried it after lunch (about an hour ago), and it boots to a blue screen that says it encountered a problem with startup and will reboot. After 2 tries, it finally comes up in a screen where I can try advanced options; Things I've tried from...
  9. PC will only boot into Safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC will only boot into Safe mode: Hello, My PC has been stable for several months, since I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. On Friday something changed (not triggered by any user action) and the PC is now no longer able to boot successfully. The boot cycle now goes BIOS->Blue Windows logo with spinning...
  10. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...: Good Evening, I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were...