Windows 10: Windows 10 crashing no BSOD, screen just turns black

Discus and support Windows 10 crashing no BSOD, screen just turns black in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Pc just turns off and restarts when i'm in the middle of something. So far i think it's only happened when i play a game. My videocard is the radeon hd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jazir5, Aug 3, 2015.

1. jazir5 Win User

Windows 10 crashing no BSOD, screen just turns black

Pc just turns off and restarts when i'm in the middle of something. So far i think it's only happened when i play a game. My videocard is the radeon hd 7850, and i'm on the newest catalyst drivers.
    In eventviewer i see a event for usermodepowerservice happening followed by a kernel-pnp source.
    Kernel-PNP has this message in the description: "The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM{9e95bf9f-3804-11e5-b395-448a5b607d83}#0000000000100000"
    The usermodepowerservice thing has this message in the description "Process C:\Windows\System32\atieclxx.exe (process ID:1088) reset policy scheme from {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e} to {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e}"

further back there is also a kernel power error with an X that says in the description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. I am pretty sure it's not the power supply as this started literally right after i upgraded to win 10. If it's an incompatible driver what are my options currently?

What can i do to fix this?

:)

jazir5, Aug 3, 2015

2. windows 10 freezes, no bsod, no black screen just freezes what ever i was doing at that moment it is stuck like that

Nothing in that link. Try it again

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 3, 2015
  3. windows 10 freezes, no bsod, no black screen just freezes what ever i was doing at that moment it is stuck like that

nevermind it froze again today.

arcadioperez, Aug 3, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Please upload the BSOD Posting instructions Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums.

Please go to your last post and in the bottom left corner click 'My System Specs'. there is a link there to update your system specs, click it and fill them all out in as much detail as possible. Please list Manufacturer and Model, and list Desktop or Laptop. If it is an OEM, please list the Manufacturer and Model number. Please be sure to list your PSU and CPU cooler. If you would like to know what we would like, please click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post and see mine.

essenbe, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 crashing no BSOD, screen just turns black - Similar Threads - crashing BSOD screen

2. BSOD/Black Screen crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD/Black Screen crashing: Hello!I've been stuck with weird BSODs and Black screens for around 3 months now whenever the computer is under heavy load while for example playing games. I can usually play a game for around 5-30 minutes before a crash occurs and then the computer will restart back to the...
  3. BSOD/Black Screen crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD/Black Screen crashing: Hello!I've been stuck with weird BSODs and Black screens for around 3 months now whenever the computer is under heavy load while for example playing games. I can usually play a game for around 5-30 minutes before a crash occurs and then the computer will restart back to the...
  4. BSOD/Black Screen crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 Black Screen Crash BSOD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Black Screen Crash BSOD?: When playing games I am getting random black screen crashes where the computer becomes unresponsive, but the sound continues to work. The screen stays black until I manually restart the computer. I've only managed to get a single dump file from waiting for the PC to restart...
  6. Windows 11 Black Screen Crash BSOD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Black Screen Crash BSOD?: When playing games I am getting random black screen crashes where the computer becomes unresponsive, but the sound continues to work. The screen stays black until I manually restart the computer. I've only managed to get a single dump file from waiting for the PC to restart...
  7. Strange Crashing on my PC - not BSOD , just a frozen black screen

Strange Crashing on my PC - not BSOD , just a frozen black screen: As title says, my PC has a crash that doesn't come with BSOD or anything like that, just a frozen black screen. It's happened more frequently before with bad RAM, but I replaced the RAM and it ran well for 4+ weeks. But strangely it happened once more last night. Here are the...
  8. Screen Turns Black and Application crashes

Screen Turns Black and Application crashes: Hello, I have a Problem. Whenever I use Unity Game Dev Engine and start a Project its really laggy and when i use it a few secods the Screen turns black for around 1 second. When i see something again The Unity Window is white and i can't use it anymore. It also crashed a...
  9. Windows 10 installer crashes. (Bsod and black screen)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installer crashes. (Bsod and black screen): I am trying to install windows 10 from the media creation tool and every time i try to boot it, the blue windows logo pops up and then it either does a bsod or a black screen that restarts my system. I have tried to erase and re download the media creation tool but it hasn’t...
  10. Screen turned black and crashed (No BSOD)

Screen turned black and crashed (No BSOD): My monitor turned black and became unresponsive. My PC created a LiveKernelReport but I do not know how to interpret it. Appreciate if someone can point out the problem so that I can fix it. [IMG]...